Thoughts about BigBird Mk4

I was thinking the other day... Johan Chan has access to both, the BigBird and GeminiJets (which is also very good) classic 747 molds, isn't this correct @YesterAirlines?

This is a very personal and totally subjective opinion (also not very serious 😅), but sometimes I think the classic jumbo has become so sought after in 1:400 that it has attained some sort of deity status that deters manufacturers from messing with it. Nobody wants to make the rare mundane, or something like that 🤣. Hopefully you get the idea. I think a lot of manufacturers are leaving a lot of money on the table, but what do I know. Even Phoenix manages to sell theirs.
I agree with you, when phoenix released the Viasa KLM hybrid 747 i immediately bought it because ain't no way im paying 500 dollars for the Aeroclassics one even tho the Phoenix mould is bad

I think that one of the reason JC is seating on BB400 mould is because last time they tried to return BB400 it wasn't a success but i think that not with the new Air India 747 release they will see how popular it is and will make more models

I don't think so, at least, I can't find them in the members section. Someone should make them aware of it, so many good ideas! I didn't know about JC producing 747 classics, does anyone have any info on that?
I believe NG are aware of the MAF site and are watching with interest. As I understand it, the 747 will come, but no timescale as yet.

I think that one of the reason JC is seating on BB400 mould is because last time they tried to return BB400 it wasn't a success but i think that not with the new Air India 747 release they will see how popular it is and will make more models
The 747-200's were definitely a success as far as I know. The KLM 747-200s sold out very fast and go for double the price on eBay. Same story with the somewhat recent Aeroclassics Swissair and Varig.

The new Air India 747 300 has been very popular and has been a good selling model. I hope they make an Air India 747 200 which still goes for 300USD plus on EBay.

I agree with you, when phoenix released the Viasa KLM hybrid 747 i immediately bought it because ain't no way im paying 500 dollars for the Aeroclassics one even tho the Phoenix mould is bad

And that's an absolutely valid point, I also bought it, and I already had the Aeroclassics version too (ironically it is one of my least expensive models...). I display the Aeroclassics with my Viasa fleet and the Phoenix one with my KLM fleet.

I was thinking the other day... Johan Chan has access to both, the BigBird and GeminiJets (which is also very good) classic 747 molds, isn't this correct @YesterAirlines?

This is a very personal and totally subjective opinion (also not very serious 😅), but sometimes I think the classic jumbo has become so sought after in 1:400 that it has attained some sort of deity status that deters manufacturers from messing with it. Nobody wants to make the rare mundane, or something like that 🤣. Hopefully you get the idea. I think a lot of manufacturers are leaving a lot of money on the table, but what do I know. Even Phoenix manages to sell theirs.

Yes he does.

The reason why they don't make 747s is due to 4 reasons:

1. Most 400 scale brands simply don't know what to make or why. Only Aeroclassics appears to have much idea in the way of sensibly covering releases. Most of the rest are poorly run and mostly chase modern releases because they are new
2. Few of the 400 brands have any idea how to market releases to target sales. They rely on lazy distributors and retail stores to advertise their models
3. For JC Wings their own 747 releases are massively curtailed by their agreement with Gemini
4. Younger collectors want 787s and A350s not 747s. The manufacturers chase volume sales

And that's an absolutely valid point, I also bought it, and I already had the Aeroclassics version too (ironically it is one of my least expensive models...). I display the Aeroclassics with my Viasa fleet and the Phoenix one with my KLM fleet.
A 300+ dollar model is one of the least expensive? I hope you keep them in a concrete bunker then :ROFLMAO:

Yes he does.

1. Most 400 scale brands simply don't know what to make or why. Only Aeroclassics appears to have much idea in the way of sensibly covering releases. Most of the rest are poorly run and mostly chase modern releases because they are new
2. Few of the 400 brands have any idea how to market releases to target sales. They rely on lazy distributors and retail stores to advertise their models
3. For JC Wings their own 747 releases are massively curtailed by their agreement with Gemini
4. Younger collectors want 787s and A350s not 747s. The manufacturers chase volume sales
As a young collector I can't confirm that new and young collector's want 787 and A350 i think that many new and young collector's dint go in to the 747 market is because how expensive it is but if JC will make more 747 under BB400 brand more people will be able to buy them because they cost 60 USD and not 240+

A 300+ dollar model is one of the least expensive? I hope you keep them in a concrete bunker then :ROFLMAO:

I guess I should have worded it better. It is one of the models for which I have paid the least.
Yes he does.

Thanks for the interesting insight. It would be interesting to see if the new collector group really overshadows the older crowd in the way monthly releases make it seem. Initially, I thought NG was really trying hard to tune in with the collectorate, but they seem to have stretched themselves too thin, plus it is just difficult to please everyone. Phoenix seems to have picked up on the potential in the classic 747 market though. I think the fact that they get away with an admittedly less-than-ideal mold speaks volumes of the opportunity there.

Yes he does.

I would say this calls for perhaps a new manufacturer to fill the void! I don't think we will get one for classics like this, but man it would be nice.

It just occurred me that this needed further clarification. I didn’t pay $300 for it. I literally mean it is one of the cheapest (and at the same time most valuable) model in my collection. Got it for $25 shipped back in 2009.

It just occurred me that this needed further clarification. I didn’t pay $300 for it. I literally mean it is one of the cheapest (and at the same time most valuable) model in my collection. Got it for $25 shipped back in 2009.
Wow! That's a bargain! My bargain was when I purchased the NG Qantas 787-9 Yam Dreaming in 2020 for $65AUD, now it sells for upwards of $200AUD.

Same! I got mine from an Australian site called Gumtree, it is like Facebook Marketplace. It was a surprise as there are not many 1:400 models on there but happy to have the model regardless.
I us
I love getting rare models for cheap. Waffle is the best for it haha.
For me waffle is not an option because the shipping cost is around 30+ dollars to shipp it to my country