The Mini World of 1:600

FunnyDrivr

Hello, I noticed there is no 1:600 thread so I posted this in 1:400 which is the nearest scale in terms of size. I will post my only 1:600 model which is the TWA Boeing 767-300 I have very little info on the model I am going to be researching it and looking into when it was produced and other applicable Details. Below I have attached images of the model feel free to post any of your 1:600 models below.

Item Number 927/10

1666916091643.jpegbox.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I noticed there is no 1:600 thread so I posted this in 1:400 which is the nearest scale in terms of size. I will post my only 1:600 model which is #10 of 627 produced TWA Boeing 767-300s from this release I have very little info on the model I am going to be researching it and looking into when it was produced and other applicable Details. Below I have attached images of the model feel free to post any of your 1:600 models below.

View attachment 3571View attachment 3572
Nice! Love to see these 1:600 models!

Awesome - I used to model in 1:600 - can fit a ton of airport in a little amount of space. The old Shabaks were of wildly varying quality though.

There are some real oddballs in 1:600 - TWA A330 comes to mind.

Awesome - I used to model in 1:600 - can fit a ton of airport in a little amount of space. The old Shabaks were of wildly varying quality though.

There are some real oddballs in 1:600 - TWA A330 comes to mind.
Yeah super cool to see these tiny pieces of history I just love it.

This was made by Schabak of Germany.

I have written a history of Schabak at my site, which can be found here:

There are a variety of other articles also at the site about Schabak. I started out with Schabaks and own about 1,700 of them. I worked with people on the complete Schabak production list, which is a mammoth task.

This TWA 767-300 was made between 1995 and November 2004.

There are a variety of other articles also at the site about Schabak. I started out with Schabaks and own about 1,700 of them. I worked with people on the complete Schabak production list, which is a mammoth task.

Thank you so much for this information i will look into this article!

I recommend this read, make sure to set some time to actually enjoy it. This is one of the reasons I admire Yesterday Airlines so much, there is really not much more literature of this caliber on the topic of small-scale aircraft collecting.

I still have one of my old Schabaks laying around somewhere in pretty bad shape. I have built a small collection of their Viasa series that I currently exhibit: IMG_2361.jpg

Thanks @YankeeVictor

There used to be more material online and a scale600 forum too but as people stopped collecting and as now 600 scale is defunct too a lot of it has vanished. I mean to put a lot more material on the site - I had started looking through all the moulds, but I haven't had the time.

There is a small 600 scale group on Facebook now though and some people still collect.

They are lovely little models that were real pioneers for die-cast models. They still have a huge amount of charm.

this thread has been moved to The other scales section on this form please continue the conversation there feel free to repost previous messages there

Wow that's older than me
Had no idea that this models go back almost 30 years ago!

Here is a link to the Schabak section of my website: https://www.reiffer.com/schabak-boeing-747/

Nice and interesting website 👍

Wow that's older than me
Had no idea that this models go back almost 30 years ago!

40 years. Richard's article traces the first Schabks to 1982.
Thanks @YankeeVictor

There used to be more material online and a scale600 forum too but as people stopped collecting and as now 600 scale is defunct too a lot of it has vanished. I mean to put a lot more material on the site - I had started looking through all the moulds, but I haven't had the time.

There is a small 600 scale group on Facebook now though and some people still collect.

They are lovely little models that were real pioneers for die-cast models. They still have a huge amount of charm.

You have done an excellent job organizing a lot of well-researched information in one place. I don't recall seeing anything like your site before. There was information in the forums, etc... but it was difficult to sort through all that.