Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

I wouldn't put the JC WINGS 777 up there. Perhaps their 747 new mould however.
I personally love the JC 777, even though the NG is far superior. In general, we are very lucky in the 777 department, all of the offerings are quite good. I am happy with all of them, but the AV400, JC and NG are by far the best. Looking forward to seeing how NG's 747s will turn out compared to JC's new one.

British Airways baby bus. Absolutely love the quality of this. NG Model G-EUNB 1/400.

Attachments

• photo_6023703298227419059_y.jpg
    photo_6023703298227419059_y.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 24
  • photo_6023703298227419058_y (1).jpg
    photo_6023703298227419058_y (1).jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 15
I personally love the JC 777, even though the NG is far superior. In general, we are very lucky in the 777 department, all of the offerings are quite good. I am happy with all of them, but the AV400, JC and NG are by far the best. Looking forward to seeing how NG's 747s will turn out compared to JC's new one.
Really? Not happy yet with what is out there for the 777. Yes, NG's are the best with the best nose but that APU needs work. The AV400 has a better APU, but their noses are too flat. JC's version is good but the cockpit windshield wraps too far around and their APU is also not great. Hoping NG fine tunes their mould.

Really? Not happy yet with what is out there for the 777. Yes, NG's are the best with the best nose but that APU needs work. The AV400 has a better APU, but their noses are too flat. JC's version is good but the cockpit windshield wraps too far around and their APU is also not great. Hoping NG fine tunes their mould.
All of the moulds make both good and bad models. The AV400 have had a lot of trouble recently with over-polishing their models and the 777 has had it worse than the others. AV400s older 777 models and some of their recent one have excellent noses that do not look like they have been punched in the face. At the moment it is a bit like the lottery with AV400, that’s why I always check the models in person before buying them. I personally think the JC 777 mould is the best, but I admit the cockpit windows do need fixing. NG’s is also good, but I am not super sure about the engine ground clearance, that hasn’t stopped me from ordering them though. I agree, it would be nice for NG to change the APU, but it is not that bad, especially with NG’s excellent printing. The PH mould, although being dated, was and still is a decent mould, but it does get beaten by it’s modern competitors.

All of the moulds make both good and bad models. The AV400 have had a lot of trouble recently with over-polishing their models and the 777 has had it worse than the others. AV400s older 777 models and some of their recent one have excellent noses that do not look like they have been punched in the face. At the moment it is a bit like the lottery with AV400, that’s why I always check the models in person before buying them. I personally think the JC 777 mould is the best, but I admit the cockpit windows do need fixing. NG’s is also good, but I am not super sure about the engine ground clearance, that hasn’t stopped me from ordering them though. I agree, it would be nice for NG to change the APU, but it is not that bad, especially with NG’s excellent printing. The PH mould, although being dated, was and still is a decent mould, but it does get beaten by it’s modern competitors.
NG have reached near perfection, if not complete, in all their moulds -, seems crazy for them to leave this distinctive oversight on their 777s.

I bought this Hapag Lloyd Express Boeing 737-700 at an airshow, super happy with it

20221113_142603.jpg
20221113_142603-jpg.5776

Last edited: