Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

B767 is going to like that lineup!

It was a cool coincidence how all of them arrived close to each other. The BigBird 767 doesn't enjoy all the fame that their classic jumbo does, but these are some pretty cool models too. They released a nice collection of iconic liveries on that mold. I should note that the overwing markings on the UPS one are all wrong, there should be no reg. and no emergency exit arrows... I might do a comparison between that KLM and the recent JC Wings release.

It was a cool coincidence how all of them arrived close to each other. The BigBird 767 doesn't enjoy all the fame that their classic jumbo does, but these are some pretty cool models too. They released a nice collection of iconic liveries on that mold. I should note that the overwing markings on the UPS one are all wrong, there should be no reg. and no emergency exit arrows... I might do a comparison between that KLM and the recent JC Wings release.
Yes its a great mould for sure, glad I have the BA 767 "Hong Kong" and now the BA 767 "Landor/Hybrid" in the collection

The recent sale was pretty good, not one of those remarkable ones but pretty close. The prices were not too bad for the most part.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some of my latest arrivals: three BigBird/Aercolassics 763s. The UPS one came from the latest Waffle sale coincidentally.

View attachment 3598
Very nice! The KLM 767 is one of the most beautiful aircraft-livery combinations. Great choice!

I was wondering why the UPS had a reg written on the wing! Thanks for clarifying.

Very cool to see this for a US carrier. Did any other US carriers do this?

He was saying the model was incorrect to have the reg there 😅 I don't think any US registered commercial/cargo airliner has this.
@B767Avia is correct.

Connor, as far as I know, wing markings and reg. placement is largely dependent on national regulations. Back in the day, U.S. propliners were commonly seen wearing reg numbers on the wings but I don’t recall seeing any jetliners with that feature. All U.S. jetliners seem to conform to current FAA regulations outlined in 14 CFR part 45, which do not require registration numbers to be displayed on the wings. Here is a picture of sistership 313UP showing the top of the wings:

1667016048808.png

Many other countries do seem to require registration numbers to be displayed on the top or the bottom (or both) of the wings, hence why BigBird might have gotten confused. Not really sure why they put emergency exit arrows on a freighter...

@B767Avia is correct.

Connor, as far as I know, wing markings and reg. placement is largely dependent on national regulations. Back in the day, U.S. propliners were commonly seen wearing reg numbers on the wings but I don’t recall seeing any jetliners with that feature. All U.S. jetliners seem to conform to current FAA regulations outlined in 14 CFR part 45, which do not require registration numbers to be displayed on the wings. Here is a picture of sistership 313UP showing the top of the wings:

View attachment 3650

Many other countries do seem to require registration numbers to be displayed on the top or the bottom (or both) of the wings, hence why BigBird might have gotten confused. Not really sure why they put emergency exit arrows on a freighter...

I forgot to mention that I have seen some U.S.-registered aircraft operating with foreign carriers displaying the N number on the wings in accordance with the regulations of the airline's country. Avianca comes to mind.

Another one and I have 1 more 1/400 on the way (330NEO), should be here next week and a rare for my collection 1/200 777-300ER on pre order too.

52462341589_687e4833ac_b.jpg
by JC Photography, on Flickr

I've seen and photographed the real one too, which is part of my criteria, I try to get a 1/400 of every type and scheme I've seen and photographed and where possible the same registration too.

52332027957_1b3184578e_b.jpg

Another one and I have 1 more 1/400 on the way (330NEO), should be here next week and a rare for my collection 1/200 777-300ER on pre order too.

52462341589_687e4833ac_b.jpg

I've seen and photographed the real one too, which is part of my criteria, I try to get a 1/400 of every type and scheme I've seen and photographed and where possible the same registration too.

52332027957_1b3184578e_b.jpg
Very nice! I will have to find one of these for sale as Malaysia is starting A350 flights to Melbourne. Lovely model :)

Very nice! Love the AirCalin livery, wish they flew into Melbourne, then I would be able to justify a purchase of this model!
I have bought outside of my criteria from time to time. I always try for aircraft I've seen and or photographed, but occasionally I'll get a type / scheme I just think looks awesome, like the 787-10 Green liner of Etihad. I also have an American 777-300ER because, although I haven't seen one yet, it is not outside of the realm of possibility that they may put one on in place of the regular 787-9's we get here. I guess my real criteria is get whatever makes me happy.

I have bought outside of my criteria from time to time. I always try for aircraft I've seen and or photographed, but occasionally I'll get a type / scheme I just think looks awesome, like the 787-10 Green liner of Etihad. I also have an American 777-300ER because, although I haven't seen one yet, it is not outside of the realm of possibility that they may put one on in place of the regular 787-9's we get here. I guess my real criteria is get whatever makes me happy.
Same! I love to buy things that are outside of my criteria, however, at the moment I am on a budget lockdown so I being very selective with my purchases

Same! I love to buy things that are outside of my criteria, however, at the moment I am on a budget lockdown so I being very selective with my purchases
Oh yes, if I had any form of intelligence I would too take more care in spending, I freely admit I am out of control with spending and not just on models. At the moment I have little to no self control, I also have the 1/200 JC Wings Air NZ 777-300ER with the open engine panels on pre order. I'm sure I'll feel dirty when it arrives too, but it is what it is.

Oh yes, if I had any form of intelligence I would too take more care in spending, I freely admit I am out of control with spending and not just on models. At the moment I have little to no self control, I also have the 1/200 JC Wings Air NZ 777-300ER with the open engine panels on pre order. I'm sure I'll feel dirty when it arrives too, but it is what it is.
I went on a spending spree 2-3 months ago. I was buying 10 models a week. After that, I have put myself on a budget of ~$150AUD per month, or 2 models, whichever is cheaper. About the Air NZ 777, Why not? :ROFLMAO:

. I guess my real criteria is get whatever makes me happy.

I agree with that statement, whatever makes me happy.