Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

This really was a weird purchase for me cuz I have never really had any Latin models in my collection, third one in general and first 747

This really was a weird purchase for me cuz I have never really had any Latin models in my collection, third one in general and first 747

Well, lucky find, you wound up with a really nice model there. You are the third person I have come across who has gotten their hands on that Lan Chile 747 for random reasons. Meanwhile, for me, it is one of those cases in which the harder I look the harder it gets to find one.

My latest arrival is this Aviation400 Lan Chile B747 EI-BED.
I was hoping the model to look a bit different from other BB400 but the mould looks almost identical.
I'm considering to sell or trade this model, if anyone knows how much it would go for in auction let me know.
Here's some pics of it.

Soooo...

You pick up the model (a "weird purchase", out of your criteria), and you consider to sell or trade.
You find someone (Jorge) who is really interested in the model... and in the end you decide to keep it?

I know it's up to you, but that's quite disappointing 🫤

Back when NG made more interesting subjects - National Airlines A330-243 N819CA. Saw this bird at BWI before she left for Ramstein, one of the many flights operated on behalf of the Air Mobility Command.

Charter planes either come with no paint job or have the most amazing liveries you could imagine. N819CA clearly falls in the latter :cool:

View attachment 31425View attachment 31426View attachment 31427View attachment 31428
Very nice, I got this as my first 1:400 last year. Reason being that national airlines reposted my photo of the plane onto their social medias as an ad.

Recent arrival from the Waffle sale. A couple of paint drops and a good polishing needed.

I was just looking for an Air France delivery c/s Concorde, and per the usual with the Waffle collection sale I had to shoot first and ask questions later, so to speak. I am not too familiar with 1:400 Concordes, so this one being a Socatec I wasn't sure if it was the GJ mold or the other much crappier mold they seem to use nowadays. It is the GJ mold 😮‍💨. It also happens to be F-BTSC, the one involved in the 2000 crash. This might be the only delivery c/s AF Concorde in 1:400 scale, tough to tell with the databases being all screwed up...

Same thing happened to me with my Pan Am Clipper Victor by DW (lovely model BTW). Fire purchase on a Waffle sale, and turned out to be a reg. involved in a famous accident.

I don't mind crash regs at all. Great conversation starters.

IMG_5029.jpeg

N17128 in the post-merger livery, a 2018 release by NG.

Notice the two lines of text below the registration: "Operated by: CALA014A". This was Continental's air operator's certificate # and was applied to ex-CO jets during the period after the two airlines merged their brands but not their AOCs. NG captured this detail nicely.

CALA014A would later become the merged airline's AOC#, so in a weird way, Continental lives on :cool:
2.jpg3.jpg
6.jpg7.jpg

Last edited:
I am proud to report that after many delays mostly caused by my own foolish actions, I have received a copy of the NG Saudia L-1011. I plan to write a review about this model, primarily to have an excuse to talk about a model that I have been wanting since I started collecting. NG did a great job with this one, learning from their mistakes from the first release.
17221186905007153870427421287598.jpg
17221187384542943074696962957782.jpg
Bonus: Father and Son, the L-1011 and the 777-300ER
View attachment 20240727_174918.jpg

I am proud to report that after many delays mostly caused by my own foolish actions, I have received a copy of the NG Saudia L-1011. I plan to write a review about this model, primarily to have an excuse to talk about a model that I have been wanting since I started collecting. NG did a great job with this one, learning from their mistakes from the first release.
View attachment 31564
View attachment 31565
Bonus: Father and Son, the L-1011 and the 777-300ER
View attachment 31566

What a beauty! Congratulations on your purchase! :love:

N17128 in the post-merger livery, a 2018 release by NG.

Notice the two lines of text below the registration: "Operated by: CALA014A". This was Continental's air operator's certificate # and was applied to ex-CO jets during the period after the two airlines merged their brands but not their AOCs. NG captured this detail nicely.

CALA014A would later become the merged airline's AOC#, so in a weird way, Continental lives on :cool:
View attachment 31550View attachment 31551
View attachment 31552View attachment 31553

When it comes to detail and overall quality, NG rules!!!