Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Don't know what took me that long to finally order the Super Guppy.
Very nice detailing of those engines and props. The size of the antenna on top of the fuselage is ridiculous though.
Gorgeous this one is. Indeed that antenna is oversized. The rest is fabulous though.
I'm hoping there will be an interactive version - regardless of its relatively small size.
Maybe that's why I'm still on the fence regarding getting this one.
Very tempting though, I admit

Last weekend, I spotted a few military jumbo jets at my hometown airport: three 747s and one C-5M. The first 747 I caught, a National 747-400 registered N702CA, peaked my curiosity, as it would be my first time catching a National cargo jet. I have previously spotted their A330-200 charter at FSD.
national747.jpg

I looked up to see if, by chance, there had been a National 747 with the white livery made before. Sure enough, JC Wings did it, and with the exact same reg too (they also did N756CA)! PandaFox Toys had 702 in-stock, so after I returned home from catching this jumbo, I immeidately ordered it.
DSC01680.JPG

She's gorgeous and will look awesome in my collection!

Bit of a 737 Sunday going on at the hangar today. This Icelandair 737-400 has been awaiting an unboxing for a few months now but has finally got its day in the sun. Obviously, the mould isn't up to the standards of the Panda version but it remains passable and I do try and get European aircraft that visited Heathrow in the 90s.

TF_B734_01.JPG
TF_B734_08.JPG

That makes 6 Icelandair models in the fleet nowadays:

TF_B734_12.JPG

Another 737 that's been hanging around awaiting its turn to be unboxed is this old Aeroclassics Transaero 737-200. There were actually two 737-200s flown by Transaero as RA-73001. The first was an ex-Luxair example from 1993 and the second an ex-BA aircraft from 2000. That makes it 7 Transaero aircraft in the fleet nowadays.

TRANSAERO_B732_02.JPG
TRANSAERO_B732_14.JPG

Bit of a 737 Sunday going on at the hangar today. This Icelandair 737-400 has been awaiting an unboxing for a few months now but has finally got its day in the sun. Obviously, the mould isn't up to the standards of the Panda version but it remains passable and I do try and get European aircraft that visited Heathrow in the 90s.

View attachment 28779
View attachment 28780

That makes 6 Icelandair models in the fleet nowadays:

View attachment 28781
TF-FIA looks actually better than I expected. Hope to receive it soon to add to my 6 other Icelandair models in this livery.

Smells classic around here.

Finally found a TAP 707 in the 1980s livery for under $100. Under $80 shipped and all. eBay has its deals, you just have to wait for someone to post an auction that ends when everyone else is likely to be distracted, and try not to be distracted yourself ;).

The Pan Am billboard 727-200 was a nice surprise from the Waffle Collection Sale. Can't have too many Pan Am 722s.

I Initially let the recent Lufthansa 747 pass, but in the end pulled the trigger on the last one that EZtoys had left. My DW is looking tired. This one looks a bit better than other recent AC 74s. (I can almost hear Phantom saying "I don't know what this guy's definition of "a bit better" is 😄)

DSC_3444.jpg

DSC_3434.jpg

DSC_3439.jpg

DSC_3437.jpgDSC_3440.jpgDSC_3441.jpgDSC_3443.jpg

Last edited:
Smells classic around here.

Finally found a TAP 707 in the 1980s livery for under $100. Under $80 shipped and all. eBay has its deals, you just have to wait for someone to post an auction that ends when everyone else is likely to be distracted, and try not to be distracted yourself ;).

The Pan Am billboard 727-200 was a nice surprise from the Waffle Collection Sale. Can't have too many Pan Am 722s.

I Initially let the recent Lufthansa 747 pass, but in the end pulled the trigger on the last one that EZtoys had left. My DW is looking tired. This one looks a bit better than other recent AC 74s. (I can almost hear Phantom saying "I don't know what this guy's definition of "a bit better" is 😄)

View attachment 28882

View attachment 28883

View attachment 28888

View attachment 28884View attachment 28885View attachment 28886View attachment 28887
Good lord the gear on that 747.

My last batch before the move abroad (i already bought a model over there lol) and it’s a large ones (and also a long post) with some interesting models, each with their very own story.

First, let’s start with a tiny model - probably the smallest in the scale of 1:400 - Aerolitoral SAAB SF-340 XA-TKT by JCW. Despite being made 11 years ago, the model still looks very fine and the gears are well-proportioned - unlike the recent ones made by GJ. Such a shame that many models released later, when technologies are more advanced, has even worse quality then their predecessor.
IMG_1650.jpeg

Things are gettin’ bigger - YTO Express B757-28S(PCF) B-2859 by HYJL. One of the earlier 752 and sadly suffers from bubbling - a quite common issue for some early HYJL and NG. I have eyed this model for around 2 years and glad to capture one despite its issue. Though the JCW are lying everywhere for a much cheaper price, the mould refinement is unmatched to that of NG’s.

IMG_1651.jpeg

Another early 752 release by NG, which also came in the form of tin box like the the previous HYJL - China Postal Airlines B757-2Y0(PCF) B-2827. This is one of the newest members joining the Chinese-registered collection, which still misses many airlines, both from passenger and freighter companies.

IMG_1652.jpeg

The 2 above 757s were purchased later from the same guy who sold me this 757 (yes, I admit I have addiction for 757s) - a quite hard to come-by model these days - Tajik Air B757-2Q8 EY-751 - a variant release of the Taban Air since the latter shared the livery with the former. Variant release is a practice commonly used by many manufacturers and I think it is not a bad thing at all - manufacturers don’t have to make so many models that won’t sell while collectors have more livery choices. I got the Taban from the earliest NG Exchange Mall. The aligned parking looks good to my eyes.

IMG_1653.jpeg

Half of this batch is the NG Models Boeing 757 family and this is the last member of them - the white sample B757-300wl with Pratts - a model I thought I would receive earlier but not due to heavy traffics at the border of VN and China. I am amazed by the sheer length of the 753 - which fits entirely to its dedicated spot at my diorama.

IMG_1658.jpeg

Now, it’s the widebody trio. Let’s begin with a 4 engine machine - an Aeroflot IL96-300 RA-96008 by PHX. PHX has since released another reg for the livery + type combo. Nonetheless I find the original release much better thanks to its well-placed window lines and not too high mid gears. This is a model that I thought I would never get just simply because of its popularity. Another model off the bucket list - another model to my good ol’ classic collection.

IMG_1655.jpeg

One of the rare 2024 releases I have got till today - Airbus Transport A300B4-608ST F-GSTA Beluga "01" by JCW. I am not off to a good start since the starboard wing came loose and pulled out lots of paints - where is QC?

IMG_1647.jpeg

I tend to steer clear from interactive because of its large gap - but I found it to be more exciting and life-like while displaying. Here it is after I have fixed the wing, and its nose is opening - a Beluga loader would be perfectttt!

IMG_1657.jpeg

The post has been terribly long, but the last one is also the most interesting one - the star of the show. Starboard wing also came loose, with 1 bubble on its top fuselage, and the white paint turned yellow (but not as worse as my CX B743) - introducing Delta L1011-200 Tristar N730DA by NG. A 2019 release that would be really hard to come across and demanded top dollar. This is also my first Tristar -200 series and I am currently missing the -500 to complete the L1011 family. I would try my best to have a photoshoot with this DL, if time permits.

IMG_1659.jpeg

And lastly, a photoshoot of the whole batch.
IMG_1649.jpeg

And these are the last models I received by myself here in Vietnam. I hope you all enjoy this post. I will embark on a new journey next week.

Last edited:
My last batch before the move abroad (i already bought a model over there lol) and it’s a large ones (and also a long post) with some interesting models, each with their very own story.

First, let’s start with a tiny model - probably the smallest in the scale of 1:400 - Aerolitoral SAAB SF-340 XA-TKT by JCW. Despite being made 11 years ago, the model still looks very fine and the gears are well-proportioned - unlike the recent ones made by GJ. Such a shame that many models released later, when technologies are more advanced, has even worse quality then their predecessor.
View attachment 28903

Things are gettin’ bigger - YTO Express B757-28S(PCF) B-2859 by HYJL. One of the earlier 752 and sadly suffers from bubbling - a quite common issue for some early HYJL and NG. I have eyed this model for around 2 years and glad to capture one despite its issue. Though the JCW are lying everywhere for a much cheaper price, the mould refinement is unmatched to that of NG’s.

View attachment 28904

Another early 752 release by NG, which also came in the form of tin box like the the previous HYJL - China Postal Airlines B757-2Y0(PCF) B-2827. This is one of the newest members joining the Chinese-registered collection, which still misses many airlines, both from passenger and freighter companies.

View attachment 28905

The 2 above 757s were purchased later from the same guy who sold me this 757 (yes, I admit I have addiction for 757s) - a quite hard to come-by model these days - Tajik Air B757-2Q8 EY-751 - a variant release of the Taban Air since the latter shared the livery with the former. Variant release is a practice commonly used by many manufacturers and I think it is not a bad thing at all - manufacturers don’t have to make so many models that won’t sell while collectors have more livery choices. I got the Taban from the earliest NG Exchange Mall. The aligned parking looks good to my eyes.

View attachment 28906

Half of this batch is the NG Models Boeing 757 family and this is the last member of them - the white sample B757-300wl with Pratts - a model I thought I would receive earlier but not due to heavy traffics at the border of VN and China. I am amazed by the sheer length of the 753 - which fits entirely to its dedicated spot at my diorama.

View attachment 28910

Now, it’s the widebody trio. Let’s begin with a 4 engine machine - an Aeroflot IL96-300 RA-96008 by PHX. PHX has since released another reg for the livery + type combo. Nonetheless I find the original release much better thanks to its well-placed window lines and not too high mid gears. This is a model that I thought I would never get just simply because of its popularity. Another model off the bucket list - another model to my good ol’ classic collection.

View attachment 28907

One of the rare 2024 releases I have got till today - Airbus Transport A300B4-608ST F-GSTA Beluga "01" by JCW. I am not off to a good start since the starboard wing came loose and pulled out lots of paints - where is QC?

View attachment 28909

I tend to steer clear from interactive because of its large gap - but I found it to be more while displaying. Here it is after I have fixed the wing, and its nose is opening - a Beluga loader would be perfectttt!

View attachment 28908

The post has been terribly long, but the last one is also the most interesting one - the star of the show. Starboard wing also came loose, with 1 bubble on its top fuselage, and the white paint turned yellow (but not as worse as my CX B743) - introducing Delta L1011-200 Tristar N730DA by NG. A 2019 release that would be really hard to come across and demanded top dollar. This is also my first Tristar -200 series and I am currently missing the -500 to complete the L1011 family. I would try my best to have a photoshoot with this DL, if time permits.

View attachment 28911

And lastly, a photoshoot of the whole batch.
View attachment 28902

And these are the last models I received by myself here in Vietnam. I hope you all enjoy this post. I will embark on a new journey next week.

That DL tristar is a SCORE! Congrats!!