Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Hi there !
Well, two models I really wanted to have...but being Phoenix, you've got to be ready for some annoyance. As someone wrote in the forum, they've got the best ideas but the worst QC. I really don't like the idea of always having to place the models in a way that you have to hide the flaws...
Delta Boeing 767-300 N117DL

IMHO, Phoenix has the best 767-300 mould around, no doubt about this, specially when it comes to chrome belly and front part of the plane. I purchased the DL 767 , which is a BEAUTIFUL model, BUT...the screw it up with the tail. If you look closely, the base of the widget should be straight and not titled to the right. View attachment 27300

View attachment 27301View attachment 27302

TWA Boeing 747-100 N5110

Nothing to add to the PH 747 mould. We all know what we are going to get, but I can live with it...from the far.
As the quality control of PH is a disaster, its easy to find flaws al around. But as this is a model I needed, I cannot wait for NG to release it as this is something nobody knows.
As with the DL 767, the paint in the vertical stabilizer is wrong , too low and missplaced. The registration was changed, but they forgot to change as well the registration on the nose side. Apart from this, as I said, I can live with it, obviously hoping to replace it with a NG model if the really manage to have a decent cockpit windows on the classics 747's

View attachment 27303View attachment 27304View attachment 27305View attachment 27306View attachment 27307View attachment 27308View attachment 27309
Dudeeee yess that looks beautiful! Definitely getting one soon here!

This is either an achievement or an indictment depending on how much you like model aircraft but model 2,950 arrived the other day and was this little Ansett F28 wearing the Skymark livery. It is my 5th Ansett F28 and 10th Ansett frame wearing this scheme:

View attachment 27320
View attachment 27321

What a little beauty! Great Ansett fleet too. These models look so good together.

A new purchase but not a new model - Last March, I got NG's N7816B, back then their closest attempt at releasing a WN heart 737-700. Sadly, that one arrived with its horizontal stabilizers broken and I returned it.

Fast forward to New Year's Day, 2024 - I was in the BWI observation gallery when I saw N7817J (and as mentioned above, N819CA/N969AV). That particular registration rang a bell - it was 7816's sistership (7816 herself was retired back in 2022). Since the NG WN 737-700 trio is now delayed, it wouldn't hurt if I got 7816 again, and I managed to nab one from Waffle for only $29! Fortunately, this one arrived intact and I was more than happy to add this "missing puzzle piece" of sorts back to my WN fleet.

2.jpg4.jpg7.jpg

Another package from West Coast Diecast arrived last week.

The LH A342 came with wiggly wings, needs some work. Shame, as it is the one that I was looking forward to the most, but it is the name of the game in today's online-commerce world.

The UPS 767 is a bit of a disaster: bent left winglet (looks like came like that from the factory), does not sit on its nose, awful wing seam. GJ can't help but to taint their reputation more often than not and then get offended when collectors call them out.

There is something off about the SW nose area too. But hey, new models nonetheless 😌

DSC_3185.jpegDSC_3186.jpg

The LH A342 came with wiggly wings, needs some work. Shame, as it is the one that I was looking forward to the most, but it is the name of the game in today's online-commerce world.

The UPS 767 is a bit of a disaster: bent left winglet (looks like came like that from the factory), does not sit on its nose, awful wing seam. GJ can't help but to taint their reputation more often than not and then get offended when collectors call them out.

There is something off about the SW nose area too. But hey, new models nonetheless 😌

View attachment 27387View attachment 27388

Great arrivals! Too bad about that UPS 767! I can see the bent winglet - looks like the "spatula" winglets on the E175.

I think GJ should stick to making accident dioramas, seems what all their models turn out to look like!

Last bunch of models for a while. One birthday gift and one I bought that happened to be shipped together! Being pretty happy with Phoenix decided I would get their A339, and then also ask for the flaps down A350 as i’ve always been interested in that mould. With the Phoenix i’m very happy with it, came with no issues and overall solid model! The GJ also was very well done, aside from the engines fan blades which I despise on the mould, the flaps down components are really nicely done! Really happy with these two additions to my Delta heavies!

IMG_2817.jpegIMG_2819.jpegIMG_2821.jpegIMG_2822.jpeg

A339s, and A350s so far lined up!

IMG_2824.jpegIMG_2825.jpegIMG_2823.jpeg

Last bunch of models for a while. One birthday gift and one I bought that happened to be shipped together! Being pretty happy with Phoenix decided I would get their A339, and then also ask for the flaps down A350 as i’ve always been interested in that mould. With the Phoenix i’m very happy with it, came with no issues and overall solid model! The GJ also was very well done, aside from the engines fan blades which I despise on the mould, the flaps down components are really nicely done! Really happy with these two additions to my Delta heavies!

View attachment 27409View attachment 27410View attachment 27411View attachment 27412

A339s, and A350s so far lined up!

View attachment 27413View attachment 27414View attachment 27415
Those are some nice Deltas! And happy birthday!

Turns out the Swissair MD-11 also came with issues. Paint chip on the #2 engine lip. 🫠 Only realized after the photos were taken. Also, glue residue pouring out of the wing seam. Needs visit to the shop... Have not had this many issues in a while. Maybe everyone in China was rushing things before the New Year holiday 🤔

1707798264924.png

Long post. Just got back from overseas and catching up on some recent arrivals.

Phoenix Models Boeing B 777-300 Singapore Airlines 9V-SYL & Cathay Pacific B-HNK
IMG_2562.jpg

Visited Aviation Retail Direct when I was back home in the UK. Most of these were nicely discounted.

Phoenix Models - Sichuan Airlines B-6518 / Hong Kong Airlines B-LND
Panda Models - Air China B-2386
NG Models - Malaysia 9M-FFF
JC Wings - HK Airlines Cargo B-LNV
IMG_2563.jpg

NG models - Air China B-5977 / ANA JA784A
JC Wings - Singapore 9V-SVN (ordered flaps up but received flaps down) / Scoot 9V-TNB
IMG_2564.jpg

Phoenix - Cathay Cargo B-LJN
NG Models - Air India VT-ANP
Herpa - Singapore 9V-SPG. I brought this model to replace my heavily damaged version of 9V-SPG, that I brought in-flight on Singapore in 2004, which was actually my first ever 1:400 model.
IMG_2567.jpg