Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

I have this one also. A super nice little model. Didn't know you were into this kind of stuff JJ.
It peaked my interest so I had to buy it. I’m sure you’ll be seeing me buy more Antonovs and, slightly unrelated, Soviet-era models too. Starting to get into those…

so here is what i got today.
two phoenix releases.
China Eastern A340-600 B-6050
1702139535458.png
with this, i can finally put the 3 Chinese major airlines with their once-flagship quadjets together.
1702139629057.png

and, another one from KOREAN AIRLINES, is the 777-300ER HL7204 with BUSAN EXPO campaign, but there is no other reason to pick it other than the KPOP group Blackpink. gotta say, the box artwork is really stunning.
1702139788056.png

"It's the most wonderful time of the year" I should say. After having saved for quite sometime, I managed to get some models and they arrived today (I prefer to combine shipping - less cost and less time I need to receive the parcels, which is more convenient). A photoshoot of the group and a (quite) lengthy introduction.
20231212_224206_HDR.jpg
Let's start off with a quadjet from Russia - the testbed Ilyushin OKB Ilyushin IL96-300 RF-96007 by PHX. This is one of the new releases I planned to get at a later time but since striking a good enough deal I had the opportunity to get it earlier than expected.
20231212_224219_HDR.jpg
Another quad, but this time owned by the Afghanistan private airline Kam Air. The type is Airbus A340-300 with registration YA-KMU and the model is also made by PHX. I did not have a good close look at the model and the paint underside starboard wings got scratched - I should have deeper dive into the provided photos. Nonetheless it is a beauty (and a big wing gap on the port wing).
20231212_224236_HDR.jpg
Also falling into the same category like the IL96 is Bhutanese' s flag carrier Druk Air A320-251N A5-JKW by PHX. I thought that a model from an underrepresented nation in 1:400 would not receive much interest. And I was wrong, all models from the shop I usually like to get were sold which made me panic. A nice deal on the second-hand site meaning a welcoming addition.
20231212_192441_HDR.jpg
I think that the majority of new release models this year I got is from PandaModels with their attractive offerings. When this mould is introduced, I said to myself that I had to get the Black Pear when it appears. Russian Air Force Tupolev Tu-134UBL RF-12037, which is used as the trainer for Tu-160 pilots, hence the long pointy nose of the -160.
20231212_224329_HDR.jpg
Another one from my future to-get list crossed (however it is not as important to get as the others - since it would be a part for my fictional fleet) - the Paris Air Show demonstrator Aeroflot Tupolev Tu-204-100 RA-64010 by NGModels. Like the prototype Fokker 70 I received at the beginning of this year, this specific frame is also being chopped down to make a shorter fuselage version (with extended range) - the Tu-204-300. RA-64010 now respires its role as a business jet.
20231212_224317_HDR.jpg
My NG Round 3 Redemption has arrived - and it came with a point card (I got lucky). Jetstar Japan Airbus A321-251N JA26LR would go along nicely with her sistership VH-OFE I got in Singapore. Only due to the redemption can I get the models, since it received no discount at all.
20231212_224309_HDR.jpg
The pride of China's Commercial Aviation in 21st Century - the 150-seater single-aisle COMAC C919 operated by China Eastern. B-919A is the world's first C919 in service and can be seen operating domestically. This is the 2nd release by NG and comes with a metal stand, which doesn't fit entirely lengthwise.
20231212_224300_HDR.jpg
On its stand with another indigenous product - ARJ21-700
20231212_200413_HDR.jpg
Lastly a standard modern widebody - BIMAN Bangladesh Boeing 787-8 S2-AJT by JCW. I have long wanted to add Biman but only want the 787-8 due to the unpopularity of the type as compared to the 789. This example seems perfect on the picture but it got the starboard main landing gear and engine detached. Gasp!
20231212_224249_HDR.jpg
So that's all for today. Which of my new arrivals caught your attention most?

Some new arrivals :LOL:

Aviation400 United Airlines B777-300ER N2534U
20231216_011906.jpg
AV400 improved the cradle design so as to fit the stand and the possible magnetic gears as opposed to leaving them flying around in the box - nice touch(y)20231216_012238.jpg
Two generations of UA flagship:love:Really miss the days when UA 744 flew into HKG everyday from SFO (I guess the pax won't be pleased by these 744s without IFE in Y though😛😛)20231216_012044.jpg
Two new Aeroclassics B742 that are - quite rare to catch I should say
Left: El Al 4X-AXH, Right: THAI HS-TGC
20231216_010516.jpg
Individual model:
El Al:
20231216_010623.jpg
THAI:
20231216_010539.jpg

The nose profile is a bit weird I must say - so I grabbed some other 747s on hand for a quick comparison:

BB vs new JC 744
20231216_010747.jpg
BB vs Dragon 74420231216_011001.jpg
I might need to get my old Witty Garuda 742 (Also in BB mould) to see if there are minor discrepancies between them.

Given the hefty price tag (My retailer charges 490 HKD for each them - equates to $63 USD) on the duo I can't say I'm pleased with them - but they ain't horribly unacceptable by any means and I'm still happy to welcome them to my collection - my 49th and 50th 747😙

The Druk Air A320. I also ordered it, but like you, I also combine shipping. Mine is paired up with the JC Conviasa A346, so the wait should be coming to an end.

The Druk Air A320. I also ordered it, but like you, I also combine shipping. Mine is paired up with the JC Conviasa A346, so the wait should be coming to an end.
I also really like the Conviasa A346. Fortunately, V0 just acquired another new A342 and put it in active service. Hence my A342 PHX can stay with me and be displayed in my airport diorama. I would be delighted if anyone release the Bhutan Airlines A319 as well!

Christmas came early for me - here are the arrivals I got yesterday. The arrivals will be posted into 2 different replies. Firstly, let’s unwrap the largest package of the day - courtesy of one of my usual retailer from the bordering countries. And I also took these picture on my new equipment (some pics are cropped) - the colors differ a lot from my previous phone. Do you prefer these more?

Starting off with the single narrowbody of the day - OK Air B737-900ER B-1291 by NGModels. I planned to get it later from my Malaysian retailer and they had it out of stock so a change of direction. NG released 2 versions of this model, this is the former release whose reg is still in active real life. The latter release features reg of the retired ones - not my cup of tea. A new member to my expanding Chinese carrier fleet - this airline also flies internationally so it’s a must!
IMG_0043.jpeg

Next up - something exotic (I like) for my upcoming fictional diorama - Air Senegal A330-900 9H-SZN by Phoenix Models. The same story like the Drukair continues: exotic airline -> thought no one like -> wait and wait to save up -> sold out at favorite dealer and have to look out at other sources. The model is done beautifully by Phoenix.
IMG_0044.jpeg
A highly controversial release with the airline stepping foot in owing to the licensing - EuroAtlantic Airways B777-200ER CS-TSX by NGModels. I thought that this model would not see the light of the day but it finally got out of the factory - one of the rare 2023 releases I purchased. NG executed this model very well!
IMG_0045.jpeg
Another airline on the charter market - the neighboring’s nation carrier - Privellege Style B777-200ER EC-MUA by JCW. The JCW streak starts from here. The livery is bold with all of the cheatlines - I like it. But then why JC - why all the upward wings like that? Air-2-Ground shot is fine but not from ground angle, too sad… also the box of this model has a matte finish instead of the usual glossy ones - this year’s trend perhaps?
IMG_0048.jpeg
Another 777-200 series but not the ER like the previous 2 - China Cargo B777-200F B-220E. I got this model to complement the growing Chinese cargo fleet. An extremely simple livery - boring to say the least. The model is well-made.
IMG_0050.jpeg
The SV behind would be introduced in the next reply, the file is corrupted lol. A Türkiye cargo airline is next in the list - AirACT Cargo B747-400BDSF TC-ACG. I loved this model since it was released thanks to the nice B747 mould. I waited and now I got the chance to get it! This angle looks really really nice imho. Rarely do JCW new 744 mould come with its nose gear in place.
IMG_0051.jpeg
It did not come flawless, however. It was really and even covered with the shiny oil when I opened the box. Like the usual Jc new mould 747, it has bubbles on its wings (both under and upper side) - really really unfortunate.
IMG_0052.jpeg
This concludes the first part of my yesterday’s arrivals. The next part would be on air really really soon.

Last edited:
The next round of my yesterday’s arrivals is here. I promise this round is an interesting one, as 2 models would be included in the MoTY list!

Let’s kick off with a model that I couldn’t include in the previous set, which was in the same package as those 6 models above. Introducing SAUDIA B777-300ER HZ-AK38 by JCW, a model I really wanted and had to wait for a while. As PH’s offering is a VIP version, this JC is the suitable commercial jet. However, I think that the release timeframe for this model is not quite ideal because it coincides with the introduction of SV’s new livery.
20231216_110411_HDR.jpeg
Oh and I also got SV’s new livery from a different shop and I must argue it is one of the best new liveries introduced recently - very striking. SAUDIA B787-10 HZ-AR32 by NG. What is your thoughts on this model?
IMG_0060.jpeg
Another modern widebody, this time is my country’s flag carrier - Vietnam Airlines B787-9 VN-A868 also by NG. This blows out GJ’s earlier 2 rendition - a beautiful livery on a realistic mould but sadly missing the reg on starboard wing’s upper surface. Honestly speaking, the font on this 789 is mich better than NG’s earlier 78Xs. The color is spot on and I must said to myself “Wow, so realistic!”. Here is the model taken by 2 different devices, which one would be your choice?
20231215_105637_HDR.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg
An aged Freighter - I got this as a trade deal with my friend. Asiana Cargo B747-400BDSF HL7414 by Witty Wings. You might understand how strict I am when adding modern aircraft (must be active) but the real 7414 is now a member of Western Global (hence some virtual reg custom is required). The model got fine cracked paint lines underside, which is no big deal. Like many of Witty’s and Apollo’s models, the engines are cast out of plastic and the sign of the time is visible to the naked eyes. However it is still a nice addition to my collection since there is no OZ currently in my collection (I once got a GJ A380 but sold it due to the merger fear - things are not as quick as my expectation).
IMG_0059.jpeg
And lastly, the most interesting model of the batch, and it’s a classic. Drumroll please!

IMG_0058.jpeg
And it’s an Eastern L1011-1 N309EA by NG. I admit I must be very lucky to get this model though having to wait for quite a while for it to reach my place but I am happy that the wait is over. I got this opportunity thanks to my friend who traded the OZ with me. It’s the 3rd L1011 NG this year for me and I am impressed with each of them. The paintings still look crisp after 4 years! This surely sits high on the MoTY list.

Thank you all so much for reading my terribly long double post today. This and the incoming 2 (or 3 if it could make it before the new year) would conclude this year for me. I had bought too many. Which model would be your overall pick? I think it is the last one!

Last edited:
"It's the most wonderful time of the year" I should say. After having saved for quite sometime, I managed to get some models and they arrived today (I prefer to combine shipping - less cost and less time I need to receive the parcels, which is more convenient). A photoshoot of the group and a (quite) lengthy introduction.
View attachment 25129
Let's start off with a quadjet from Russia - the testbed Ilyushin OKB Ilyushin IL96-300 RF-96007 by PHX. This is one of the new releases I planned to get at a later time but since striking a good enough deal I had the opportunity to get it earlier than expected.
View attachment 25130
Another quad, but this time owned by the Afghanistan private airline Kam Air. The type is Airbus A340-300 with registration YA-KMU and the model is also made by PHX. I did not have a good close look at the model and the paint underside starboard wings got scratched - I should have deeper dive into the provided photos. Nonetheless it is a beauty (and a big wing gap on the port wing).
View attachment 25131
Also falling into the same category like the IL96 is Bhutanese' s flag carrier Druk Air A320-251N A5-JKW by PHX. I thought that a model from an underrepresented nation in 1:400 would not receive much interest. And I was wrong, all models from the shop I usually like to get were sold which made me panic. A nice deal on the second-hand site meaning a welcoming addition.
View attachment 25137
I think that the majority of new release models this year I got is from PandaModels with their attractive offerings. When this mould is introduced, I said to myself that I had to get the Black Pear when it appears. Russian Air Force Tupolev Tu-134UBL RF-12037, which is used as the trainer for Tu-160 pilots, hence the long pointy nose of the -160.
View attachment 25136
Another one from my future to-get list crossed (however it is not as important to get as the others - since it would be a part for my fictional fleet) - the Paris Air Show demonstrator Aeroflot Tupolev Tu-204-100 RA-64010 by NGModels. Like the prototype Fokker 70 I received at the beginning of this year, this specific frame is also being chopped down to make a shorter fuselage version (with extended range) - the Tu-204-300. RA-64010 now respires its role as a business jet.
View attachment 25135
My NG Round 3 Redemption has arrived - and it came with a point card (I got lucky). Jetstar Japan Airbus A321-251N JA26LR would go along nicely with her sistership VH-OFE I got in Singapore. Only due to the redemption can I get the models, since it received no discount at all.
View attachment 25134
The pride of China's Commercial Aviation in 21st Century - the 150-seater single-aisle COMAC C919 operated by China Eastern. B-919A is the world's first C919 in service and can be seen operating domestically. This is the 2nd release by NG and comes with a metal stand, which doesn't fit entirely lengthwise.
View attachment 25133
On its stand with another indigenous product - ARJ21-700
View attachment 25138
Lastly a standard modern widebody - BIMAN Bangladesh Boeing 787-8 S2-AJT by JCW. I have long wanted to add Biman but only want the 787-8 due to the unpopularity of the type as compared to the 789. This example seems perfect on the picture but it got the starboard main landing gear and engine detached. Gasp!
View attachment 25132
I've spotted YA-KMU a while back so I obviously had to get PH's offering. Stunning model! Also that Tu-134UBL is very awesome and unique too! Definitely on my wishlist to buy...

The next round of my yesterday’s arrivals is here. I promise this round is an interesting one, as 2 models would be included in the MoTY list!

Let’s kick off with a model that I couldn’t include in the previous set, which was in the same package as those 6 models above. Introducing SAUDIA B777-300ER HZ-AK38 by JCW, a model I really wanted and had to wait for a while. As PH’s offering is a VIP version, this JC is the suitable commercial jet. However, I think that the release timeframe for this model is not quite ideal because it coincides with the introduction of SV’s new livery.
View attachment 25263
Oh and I also got SV’s new livery from a different shop and I must argue it is one of the best new liveries introduced recently - very striking. SAUDIA B787-10 HZ-AR32 by NG. What is your thoughts on this model?
View attachment 25270
Another modern widebody, this time is my country’s flag carrier - Vietnam Airlines B787-9 VN-A868 also by NG. This blows out GJ’s earlier 2 rendition - a beautiful livery on a realistic mould but sadly missing the reg on starboard wing’s upper surface. Honestly speaking, the font on this 789 is mich better than NG’s earlier 78Xs. The color is spot on and I must said to myself “Wow, so realistic!”. Here is the model taken by 2 different devices, which one would be your choice?
View attachment 25268
View attachment 25267
An aged Freighter - I got this as a trade deal with my friend. Asiana Cargo B747-400BDSF HL7414 by Witty Wings. You might understand how strict I am when adding modern aircraft (must be active) but the real 7414 is now a member of Western Global (hence some virtual reg custom is required). The model got fine cracked paint lines underside, which is no big deal. Like many of Witty’s and Apollo’s models, the engines are cast out of plastic and the sign of the time is visible to the naked eyes. However it is still a nice addition to my collection since there is no OZ currently in my collection (I once got a GJ A380 but sold it due to the merger fear - things are not as quick as my expectation).
View attachment 25265
And lastly, the most interesting model of the batch, and it’s a classic. Drumroll please!

View attachment 25266
And it’s an Eastern L1011-1 N309EA by NG. I admit I must be very lucky to get this model though having to wait for quite a while for it to reach my place but I am happy that the wait is over. I got this opportunity thanks to my friend who traded the OZ with me. It’s the 3rd L1011 NG this year for me and I am impressed with each of them. The paintings still look crisp after 4 years! This surely sits high on the MoTY list.

Thank you all so much for reading my terribly long double post today. This and the incoming 2 (or 3 if it could make it before the new year) would conclude this year for me. I had bought too many. Which model would be your overall pick? I think it is the last one!

These are gorgeous! BTW you always pick up so many cool stuff at once :ROFLMAO: 😲
The Vietnam 787 really looks stunning. What a fantastic livery.