Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Two recent additions to the retro fleet: Delta 757 in the Ron Allen scheme from NG, and USAir BAE-146 from Gemini.

20231028_101259.jpg

Like a lot of people, I was never a big fan of the Ron Allen livery at the time it was in use. But it does fit my 80s/90s criteria and I didn't have it in the collection at all, so I figured I should at least have it represented. And of course, an NG 757 looks good in anything. Also have to say that looking at the Ron Allen livery up close on this model, I don't hate it. It's mostly the really bland tail design that brings it down, but otherwise it's not bad on its own. It's just that it pales in comparison to the widget livery.

20231028_101321.jpg

This one helps fill another gap in the retro fleet as I was sorely lacking in short-hauls. It's an older release (2007), but aside from the seam lines, I think it still looks pretty sharp. And it's not like there are tons of BAE-146s coming on the market these days.

Two recent additions to the retro fleet: Delta 757 in the Ron Allen scheme from NG, and USAir BAE-146 from Gemini.

View attachment 23540

Like a lot of people, I was never a big fan of the Ron Allen livery at the time it was in use. But it does fit my 80s/90s criteria and I didn't have it in the collection at all, so I figured I should at least have it represented. And of course, an NG 757 looks good in anything. Also have to say that looking at the Ron Allen livery up close on this model, I don't hate it. It's mostly the really bland tail design that brings it down, but otherwise it's not bad on its own. It's just that it pales in comparison to the widget livery.

View attachment 23541

This one helps fill another gap in the retro fleet as I was sorely lacking in short-hauls. It's an older release (2007), but aside from the seam lines, I think it still looks pretty sharp. And it's not like there are tons of BAE-146s coming on the market these days.
Nice! I do wish that NG chose a different registration for the Ron Allen livery Delta 757. The tail text on N601DL was higher and further towards the rudder than the other Ron Allen livery 757s.

Here is N601DL
1698532015894.png

And here are other Ron Allen 757s
1698532432403.png1698532558023.png

Some gems here with the older Singapore 777’s at West Main Toys. Some really rare models behind the counter, however the prices imo are ridiculously high (although the mainlanders apparently still pay it)…
Ain't West Main Toys ludicrously expensive something every local collectors know? :ROFLMAO:
I see a Bigbird Tropical 744 behind the counters charging 988 HKD, Aeroclassics JAS A300/ Phoenix Malaysia Airlines Hibiscus 744/BB Air Do 763/ Herpa Singapore Airlines A345 charging HKD600+...
Japanese carriers and Chinese carriers are the most overpriced - I haven't seen any retailers in HK dare to sell models of these carriers higher than them LOL

P.s. Ain't many Chinese retailers like to go to "Collector Wings" one stop down on the MTR instead? - Heard they do a lot of promotions on Chinese social media platforms.

Ain't West Main Toys ludicrously expensive something every local collectors know? :ROFLMAO:
I see a Bigbird Tropical 744 behind the counters charging 988 HKD, Aeroclassics JAS A300/ Phoenix Malaysia Airlines Hibiscus 744/BB Air Do 763/ Herpa Singapore Airlines A345 charging HKD600+...
Japanese carriers and Chinese carriers are the most overpriced - I haven't seen any retailers in HK dare to sell models of these carriers higher than them LOL

P.s. Ain't many Chinese retailers like to go to "Collector Wings" one stop down on the MTR instead? - Heard they do a lot of promotions on Chinese social media platforms.
Yeah prices I think I quite high but still slightly cheaper than the retailers (not the rarer models lol) in Australia.

Those BigBird SQ 747’s are still there. I spotted the China Eastern A340-600 Expo and Swiss “San Francisco” A340 for 1200HKD each. Decided to pass on those…

I brought a few from Toymax as well. Haven’t been to Collector Wings yet. Will be going back to them tomorrow if time permits.

View attachment 23580
Finally made it back to Hong Kong. Some gems here with the older Singapore 777’s at West Main Toys. Some really rare models behind the counter, however the prices imo are ridiculously high (although the mainlanders apparently still pay it)…
God, I miss HK. Lovely models mate! I used to visit the local shops during layovers before continuing on to mainland China or back home to MEL all the time pre-COVID, but unfortunately life's changed a bit since then. I hope to get back there one day.

That's one epic 732! Love the livery, South American carriers just did them so well!

Yes, indeed! Cruzeiro's livery is regarded by many Brazilian enthusiasts as being one of the most beautiful liveries ever :love:
AC did a wonderful job with this B737-200. Really happy to add this one, specially because she's replacing a custom model I had which wasn't so good.

View attachment 23540

View attachment 23541

Love the USAir 146! Definitely want one in my collection.. 👀

Some Aeroclassics I had ordered a few days ago, two being on sale and one a newer release. I still have to grab the normal Delta 727 but at least I have the Delta Shuttle one now which I find to be a very cool variant! Picked up the Delta A321neo completing my fleet for that specific type and the A321 “Thank You” to go along with it. Still need the GJ one to complete around 50% of my A321 fleet before I try and score all the normal A321s. I really do think the AC modern releases aren’t bad at all, despite no aerials and rather simple landing gear the mould, printed detail and such make up for it. On the other hand the 727 is a fantastic model and would go for more 727 releases from AC in a heartbeat.

IMG_1496.jpegIMG_1497.jpegIMG_1498.jpegIMG_1499.jpegIMG_1500.jpegIMG_1501.jpegIMG_1502.jpegIMG_1503.jpegIMG_1505.jpegIMG_1506.jpeg

Last edited: