Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Yeah, I’ve seen it. 75 USD + shipping is quite a bit, but I doubt another opportunity will arise anytime soon. Chances are I will buy it, but that depends on the remaining March releases.
Yeah I know it’s on the pricier side. It very seldom comes up and being a 2003 release, it’s a very early one produced in the year that tooling was introduced. The shipping always pushes it up, especially for a single model 😬 More often than not, it’s always a tough one on the wallet when these old ‘grails turn up 😞

I just went back from holiday in Hanoi (my first airplane trip for over 2.5 years) with my friend (also the first time going far with my pals). On the way back I flew on Bamboo A321 - same reg as NG made and also the only missing NG Bamboo A321 in my collection (i got the 2 Neos already) so VN-A585 is an instant purchase for me. She is on the way to me. So here I share you what have arrived recently.

Starting off with an Airbus pair I bought from 2tb. Foreground we have HK Air Cargo A330-200F by PandaModels (I just sold my previous version because the nose gear was not glued in, missing an antenna and a broken nose tyres so that I could exchange with this new one, with extra money of course). Background is Finnish flag carrier - Finnair A350-900 by NGModels (I had the same aircraft by JCW and also found her a new home so I can get this NG beauty. The JCW has really high wingflex).
20230308_224841.jpg
Next up are three models from Taobao. Starting with China Airlines Boeing 777-300ER by JCW on the back (I previously got PHX version which had bubble and got lucky to find her a new home). My first ever AV400 B77W came in the form of United Airlines evoblue livery (my 2nd evoBlue and 3rd UA). These 2 are great models.
20230310_201111.jpg
The third one which came in the same taobao package is Air New Zealand B787-9 by NG. When ANZ received their 787s I immediately bought PHX version which came with really really long nose gear which made the model pointing skywards, a new home was also found. I keep the best (also the most dramatic model) for the very last: Delta L1011 by NG (i got it with a not outrageous price fortunately (one ended on eBay for nearly 130s, that same model from the same seller was listed once before but did not end with expected price so the seller cancelled the order from that lucky bidder). The sender described my model as "used model airplane" therefore it was stopped by the custom by the word "USED". Whereas "used toys/model replica" was not in the prohibited-import list. After many discussion with my dad (who is very good at advising many laws to my mom, aunts, cousins,... but not me), he advised me not to talk with the customs and rather having it sent back to its origin for not stepping into more troubles (fine by importing prohibited items). I decided not (as advised by my friend) and went on talking with the custom who was nice and listened to my explains while we open the package together. The custom let it pass as i opened as the custom determined "no it was not used, brand new; sender put wrong description" and even gave me a complement for "reading all the laws well and thoroughly". Phew at least I have a companion who supported me a lot with my emotions. And oh boy, the DL 1011 is such a gorgeous model. I can't wait to have the CX Tristar which is also incoming (alongside with Air Busan Neo and AA 772!). I will have some outdoor shots with the Delta (i promised to have a review with SU IL86 but I haven't - I really apologize for that).
20230310_201319.jpg

Thank you all for reading my terribly long writing! Hoping to see many new models from all of you guys!

I just went back from holiday in Hanoi (my first airplane trip for over 2.5 years) with my friend (also the first time going far with my pals). On the way back I flew on Bamboo A321 - same reg as NG made and also the only missing NG Bamboo A321 in my collection (i got the 2 Neos already) so VN-A585 is an instant purchase for me. She is on the way to me. So here I share you what have arrived recently.

Starting off with an Airbus pair I bought from 2tb. Foreground we have HK Air Cargo A330-200F by PandaModels (I just sold my previous version because the nose gear was not glued in, missing an antenna and a broken nose tyres so that I could exchange with this new one, with extra money of course). Background is Finnish flag carrier - Finnair A350-900 by NGModels (I had the same aircraft by JCW and also found her a new home so I can get this NG beauty. The JCW has really high wingflex).
View attachment 13731
Next up are three models from Taobao. Starting with China Airlines Boeing 777-300ER by JCW on the back (I previously got PHX version which had bubble and got lucky to find her a new home). My first ever AV400 B77W came in the form of United Airlines evoblue livery (my 2nd evoBlue and 3rd UA). These 2 are great models.
View attachment 13732
The third one which came in the same taobao package is Air New Zealand B787-9 by NG. When ANZ received their 787s I immediately bought PHX version which came with really really long nose gear which made the model pointing skywards, a new home was also found. I keep the best (also the most dramatic model) for the very last: Delta L1011 by NG (i got it with a not outrageous price fortunately (one ended on eBay for nearly 130s, that same model from the same seller was listed once before but did not end with expected price so the seller cancelled the order from that lucky bidder). The sender described my model as "used model airplane" therefore it was stopped by the custom by the word "USED". Whereas "used toys/model replica" was not in the prohibited-import list. After many discussion with my dad (who is very good at advising many laws to my mom, aunts, cousins,... but not me), he advised me not to talk with the customs and rather having it sent back to its origin for not stepping into more troubles (fine by importing prohibited items). I decided not (as advised by my friend) and went on talking with the custom who was nice and listened to my explains while we open the package together. The custom let it pass as i opened as the custom determined "no it was not used, brand new; sender put wrong description" and even gave me a complement for "reading all the laws well and thoroughly". Phew at least I have a companion who supported me a lot with my emotions. And oh boy, the DL 1011 is such a gorgeous model. I can't wait to have the CX Tristar which is also incoming (alongside with Air Busan Neo and AA 772!). I will have some outdoor shots with the Delta (i promised to have a review with SU IL86 but I haven't - I really apologize for that).
View attachment 13733

Thank you all for reading my terribly long writing! Hoping to see many new models from all of you guys!
Models look great! How's the nose on the AV400 777 United? I noticed overpolishing on some of their releases, specifically the United.

View attachment 13731
View attachment 13732
View attachment 13733

Divine! Mind sending a link to where you got the Air NZ 787 if they are still in stock?

[...]

Awesome models and really cool to read all that! I'm glad you managed to avoid trouble in your Delta L-1011 situation! That model really is gorgeous!

Models look great! How's the nose on the AV400 777 United? I noticed overpolishing on some of their releases, specifically the United.
Like you said the AV400 77W United nose is over-polished. Other than that this is an amazing model with exceptional detail level. The over-polished nose affects these releases (SQ, UA, AC, LX and the models released in that batch). Fortunately this came with the correct registration of N2251U, some models of this release came with N2551U - this reg belongs to a Piper PA-28.
Divine! Mind sending a link to where you got the Air NZ 787 if they are still in stock?
I got this one from Taobao and unfortunately it was out of stock. I saw this model is still in stock on 2taobao (Xianyu) but it appears that international buying merchants don't have the option to buy from this site (as it appears to be riskier than Taobao as the transaction is provider-buyer but not going through the middle man so the seller may not ship the items or send fault ones. My experience with 2tb was alright).
Awesome models and really cool to read all that! I'm glad you managed to avoid trouble in your Delta L-1011 situation! That model really is gorgeous!
Thank you Leo for your kind words! It is a real beauty and after many ups and downs, emotionally hurt I was able to get it.

Like you said the AV400 77W United nose is over-polished. Other than that this is an amazing model with exceptional detail level. The over-polished nose affects these releases (SQ, UA, AC, LX and the models released in that batch). Fortunately this came with the correct registration of N2251U, some models of this release came with N2551U - this reg belongs to a Piper PA-28.

I got this one from Taobao and unfortunately it was out of stock. I saw this model is still in stock on 2taobao (Xianyu) but it appears that international buying merchants don't have the option to buy from this site (as it appears to be riskier than Taobao as the transaction is provider-buyer but not going through the middle man so the seller may not ship the items or send fault ones. My experience with 2tb was alright).

Thank you Leo for your kind words! It is a real beauty and after many ups and downs, emotionally hurt I was able to get it.

No question about it, the AV400 777s are excellent. Unfortunate about that batch of releasees (January 22). However happy to report that their AC777 was one of the lucky ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_170339__01.jpg
    IMG_20230222_170339__01.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230222_171858__01.jpg
    IMG_20230222_171858__01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20230222_202105.jpg
    IMG_20230222_202105.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230222_171628.jpg
    IMG_20230222_171628.jpg
    717.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230222_170408.jpg
    IMG_20230222_170408.jpg
    718.7 KB · Views: 11
Happy to have this nice trio with me!
Here are three TRANSBRASIL Boeing 767-200 non-ER models. These were the very first 767s of a Latin American operator, if i'm not mistaken. Delivered brand new in 1983.

Trio TBA 2.jpg

These are custom models based on Dragon Wings donors, which I found very cheap on Ebay a while ago.
The custom work was done by a friend who lives in my city and who have done all my customs. It's incredibly handy to have a custom maker in your city!!!

Trio TBA.jpg

I really love the colorful wings of these birds, something quite rare to see. I can only think of Lufthansa, Braniff, BalairCTA, Condor (special scheme "Rizzi Bird") and maybe some VVIP operators? Who else had fully painted wings?

PT-TAA.jpg

PT-TAB.jpg

PT-TAC.jpg

I'm very pleased with these models! The original Transbrasil 767 pack was also originally released by JC Wings many years ago and sadly have become very rare... and expensive! I've found this trio on Ebay right now, but look at that price... no way i'll pay that. I'll stick to my custom models, which fortunately cost me waaaay less!!!

Ebay.png