Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Unboxing and Review!
JC Wings has created a beautiful specimen of a333p2f, first to be converted to be precise!
The aircraft was manufactured in 1995 and had entered service for Malasya Airlines and was then converted between 2012 and 2017, where in December it entered service for ASL Airlines with the hybrid livery.
One of the few freighter models with P&W4000 engines! Which makes me appreciate it even more as specimens are generally reproduced with the RR Trent700.
Of this model we can find this version produced by JC Wings, and another one by Panda Models with the same registration, while we can find a Phoenix version with the B-LDO registration from when it was in service for AIR HONG KONG.
Emotionally I am very close to EI-HEA as it is often a visitor to MXP, the airport where I was usually a spotter.

But now after small general notions .. let's move on to the model!

Model a little difficult to find new, mine arrived from a shop in China, the box is not in perfect condition, but I don't make a big deal of it, let's say it has the signs of aging like the original model! I don't make a drama out of it.
The bogies seem fragile to me, but being the model large, and the bogies small and very detailed.. they can give this impression, I appreciate that the bogie axles also flex! Well done JC, I LIKE IT!
Small detail for the fanatics, where there are antennas you can see the circular hole, it's not a drama, but maybe the most fussy turn up their noses ... it's an imperceptible detail, but I know the most attentive ones will notice, a honestly it doesn't bother me at all and it's imperceptible.
Model full of details and care in the decals, in my opinion JC has done a good job here. WONDERFUL JC! Could it get better? Yes, by putting the windows plugged.
Many don't get the 333 JCs as they say they wheelie, and there's too much load behind them... there's absolutely no wheelie. Don't worry!
The real one doesn't have the gray, raw metal in the engine mounts, but it's all white, a small oversight, which I notice as a fan of this precise model
Plus: land gear, good mould, cockpit shapes and decals
Minus no close windows, error in the upright that supports the engine, with the gray part.

In conclusion I would give the model a good 8, I would say that it is a particular aircraft and deserves to be exhibited! Noteworthy construction. I absolutely recommend it!

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    965.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1860.jpg
    IMG_1860.jpg
    1,017 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1861.jpg
    IMG_1861.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1862.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Both very beautiful models! That IL-86 is really cool. Would be interesting to have a version with Soviet flag and CCCP reg, to match the recent IL-62 released by Gemini.
I agree with you Leo. With JCW tendency to recreate multiple regs in the same livery, I hope one day we'll see the CCCP iteration.

A surprising quick arrival into my collection - I just ordered it 2 days ago on Taobao(China's Amazon) and now it has traveled all the way across China to my hands

Yu Models(HYJL Wings) China Northern Airlines B-2281 A321-231
20230302_173856.jpg
Such a nostalgic yet quite classy livery isn't it :LOL:

Here's my latest arrival:

USAF Lockheed C-130H Hercules - 89-1186 - Tennessee Air Guard
by Dragon Wings

IMG_6918.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6919.jpg

This is my first military model in 1:400 and I'm quite happy!
Very cool 1990s lizard camouflage scheme, and the mould is also very nice. The tail shape is a bit off, it's too wide, but I believe Dragon have corrected this later, judging by some pics i've seen on the internet.

Got this Herc for a quite cheap price on Ebay, so it was a happy purchase for me.
It seems the rear cargo door can open, but honestly I didn't manage to do it and I prefer not to... maybe I might break it. LOL

A new comer that compliment my Cathay Pacific regional fleet

JC Wings Cathay Pacific B777-300 B-HNG
20230304_013859.jpg
I originally thought it is a Phoenix release, but after checking databases it is in fact a JC Wings release in the earlier slot-in casting! Not something you see everyday :p

Last edited:
A new comer that compliment my Cathay Pacific regional fleet

JC Wings Cathay Pacific B777-300 B-HNH
View attachment 13503
I originally thought it is a Phoenix release, but after checking databases it is in fact a JC Wings release in the earlier slot-in casting! Not something you see everyday :p
The APU looks proportional, however not sure about the engine or cockpit window size, the former seems a tad too small and the latter a tad too big. Nonetheless a lovely rendering.

2B257184-FCFA-4AAE-8BF5-1F07DE503BF1.jpeg

New arrival today. NWA by Aeroclassics. This actually turns out to be better than expected. Alot have said that the colour of the engines were incorrect. They looked incorrect on pictures but having the model in hand you can tell that they are correct.
If only the landinggears would be updated.

My latest arrivals from the Avalon Airshow:

PH Qantas A330-300 VH-QPJ ‘Silver Roo’ Livery:

A95054C5-B07E-4216-946A-05A025B4D7FC.jpeg

A gorgeous aircraft, with not a defect in sight! Nice and cheap too, just as models should be. I will probably sell my AC version now, and buy the upcoming NG release to go alongside this.

JC TAA L-188 Electra VH-TLB:

3FF634BD-6E3E-4957-BF0E-361E04FB6FD9.jpeg

An absolute steal, I got it for just 15 USD! Happy to have both TAA L-188s now.

Last edited:

View attachment 13521

A gorgeous aircraft, with not a defect in site! Nice and cheap too, just as models should be. I will probably sell my AC version now, and buy the upcoming NG release to go alongside this.

View attachment 13522

That A333 is looking sharp, how are the horizontal stabs? They're somewhat oversized on the 332.

View attachment 13521

A gorgeous aircraft, with not a defect in sight! Nice and cheap too, just as models should be. I will probably sell my AC version now, and buy the upcoming NG release to go alongside this.

View attachment 13522

Those are some nice models!