Release Speculations & Predictions: Gemini Jets August 2024

JJ Skippy

Gemini Jets has their July releases sent out to retailers and collectors around the globe, and for the North American crowd there was lots to discuss. My Mad Dogs are on the way and I'm hoping for them to arrive before the end of this week.

With that release behind us, it's time to look ahead to their August set, which I'm predicting will be announced on Thursday (official word on its release date will be posted when info is available). For the releases themselves I'm thinking they will shift to modern planes and go for less retro. What do you all think will happen this month?

Gemini Jets has their July releases sent out to retailers and collectors around the globe, and for the North American crowd there was lots to discuss. My Mad Dogs are on the way and I'm hoping for them to arrive before the end of this week.

With that release behind us, it's time to look ahead to their August set, which I'm predicting will be announced on Thursday (official word on its release date will be posted when info is available). For the releases themselves I'm thinking they will shift to modern planes and go for less retro. What do you all think will happen this month?
Here we go again:
-Emirates (again…)
-UPS 767 rerelease (i love UPS but too much is too much)
-Special livery nobody wants
-Lufthansa new livery a320 (same as ups)

What do you all think will happen this month?

More B767-400ER, more MD-80, more US-based airlines (specially Delta, United), Emirates or Qantas, something interactive or flaps down, some other Cubana model to serve as the exotic release of the month.

More B767-400ER, more MD-80, more US-based airlines (specially Delta, United), Emirates or Qantas, something interactive or flaps down, some other Cubana model to serve as the exotic release of the month.
Qantas A330-300 old livery would be nice btw

Since Gemini has that in the works I’m hoping for that to be out before Christmas. I’d be happy to pick up a Thermometer MD-80 too.
And a "bowling shoe" MD-80 as well. Did GJ give any indication of what the tail number will be on that DL Ron Allen MD-88?

I'm hoping the Qantas A220 in the future releases finally gets released, or a standard livery A220 wouldn't be bad either.

Yes! I've been waiting for the Balarinji A220 - I hope that, while they will crack the artwork for sure, GJ won't mess up with the NLG again.

Not really... There's the Phoenix releases (albeit they are hard to find) and the Gemini A330 mould is not ideal. And NG release though, that'd be awesome! 😍

Totally. Especially in the delivery scheme - both the 333 and 332!
And agree - the GJ/JC A330 mould is way inferior when compared to PHX or NG's - of course NG's takes the cake - that one's exquisite!

There should be some releases from 1:200 making its way to 1:400. And by what @LeoMuse747mentioned, the exotic of this month shall be VASCO - Vietnam Air Service Company ATR-72 which was released in the bigger scale last month. Hopefully they got the cockpit right.

There should be some releases from 1:200 making its way to 1:400. And by what @LeoMuse747mentioned, the exotic of this month shall be VASCO - Vietnam Air Service Company ATR-72 which was released in the bigger scale last month. Hopefully they got the cockpit right.
Yes I'd noticed that. Found the choice very curious - a regional airline from South East Asia - quite unlike the mainstream target GJ market

Yes I'd noticed that. Found the choice very curious - a regional airline from South East Asia - quite unlike the mainstream target GJ market
Yes it is true, this falls to the same category as Cubana ATR. But hey, GJ made loads of Vietnam Airlines during the 2015-2020 period (A321ceo o/c & current, A321neo, A359 2x current and a Skyteam, B789 2x, B78X - those are only the public releases and there are also exclusive releases as well - ironically I have not came across those in real life to get a hold of - but was able to get the LH B748 Herpa for the press release during the new livery unveiling) and VASCO is the regional subsidiary of the airline so that makes sense as well.

Last edited:
Yes it is true, this falls to the same category as Cubana ATR. But hey, GJ made loads of Vietnam Airlines during the 2015-2020 period (A321ceo o/c & current, A321neo, A359 2x current and a Skyteam, B789 2x, B78X - those are only the public releases and there are also exclusive releases as well - ironically I have not came across those in real life to get a hold of - but was able to get the LH B748 Herpa for the press release during the new livery unveiling) and VASCO is the regional subsidiary of the airline so that makes sense. And the graphical designer for the brand comes from my city as well, that should explain why too.
Ah the last bit! 😅. Always helps to have an 'insider'! Btw I love the VASCO scheme - simple and sleek - we should have more such regional subsidiaries / regional airline prop liners from diverse parts of the world!

Why not 12pm UTC or 12am UTC? Not everyone leaves on west coast.
Because Gemini is based on the West Coast? Makes sense for them to release them at a time convenient for them, and it's not like Gemini announces new releases like Aeroclassics, where it's a fight to get your models as soon as you can before they sell out. You won't be impacted by being a few hours late for the Gemini announcements.