Recent Gemini Kudos

pnagrows

I just had 3 recent Geminis delivered…

Aviatsa 737
Cubana An24
KLM E295

I must say I am sharply impressed with the quality. The Antonov is great, and the 737 is drastically improved with previous releases. E2 is in a different league than the E1 mould.

A300 notwithstanding, they really seem on the right track.

Attachments

• IMG_3112.jpeg
    IMG_3112.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3113.jpeg
    IMG_3113.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50

Aviatsa 737
Cubana An24
KLM E295

I must say I am sharply impressed with the quality. The Antonov is great, and the 737 is drastically improved with previous releases. E2 is in a different league than the E1 mould.

Would love to see them make the 732 seamless and maybe rerelease some other classics since this mould has aerials and it looks really nice imo.

Yep, I have also noticed some improvements on their B737-200. Just wish they could also improve the engines. They look strange with those slumps and odd lines. The Antonov is a beauty, hope to get one of these new An-26/32 at some point.

Unfortunately no, though I wouldn’t be opposed to getting one. Mine are Frontier Saul Bass, and Western Indianhead and Flying W white top.
Another Frontier Saul Bass would be great! I've always thought there was enough demand in the market that those rare SMA and AC releases weren't enough to meet. I bought that SMA one several years ago from a personal collection, and to this day it holds the record for the highest price I've ever paid for a model. I didn't buy it for the rarity; I bought it because my dad took a photo of one at IND on Race Day weekend in 1983 (back in the day, the 500 brought in all kinds of wild charters and stuff, but this one was on a scheduled flight) and built a model of N7391F in 1:144. It was a 3-figure price even then. A new release would definitely find a home at IND gate A7 in the 1983-84 scenarios.

Aviatsa 737
Cubana An24
KLM E295

What’s the improvement on the 737? Looks to me like the same old mold.

I have to say I don't think they've improved the 737-200 and it is just that the good printing and excellent livery hide the moulds faults. This was the previous Pan Am example. The mould is not awful but the aerials they've added are a little too large. In detail most of the mould has issues - nose shape, wing seam, engine barrels, nosegear door size and attachment to fuselage, being nose down.

1710406991804.png

I actually reviewed an Aloha version by Aeroclassics against the old Gemini back in 2017 and I gave the Gemini mould a 5/10. The Aeroclassics mould is vastly superior and near perfect (when it hasn't got a pointy nose and the wings are attached anyway):

The Aeroclassics mould:

PA_732_03.JPG

As always with GJ they are good sometimes (KL E195 E2, CU An-26), ordinary a lot of the time (DL 757, Aviatsa 732) and dreadful quite a lot too (EK A300 and the DL CRJ with the gear on backwards again). I haven't seen any evidence there has been any across the board improvement. It's just business as usual.

Maybe it's the good cockpit window position then.
This GJ Pan Am and the recent Aviatsa seem to have a nice nose section. Seems to be in the correct shape for me. Can't say the same about older releases (like the Aloha).

Tbh I think JC is worse across the board than GJ. I've found QC issues to be far more common, and complaints about horrid printing are rampant every time sample photos get released... cough cough Asiana 744 🙃

GJ gets more flak simply because more people on forums and youtube get their stuff, hence issues tend to get blown out of proportion relative to other brands.

Yep, my TAM F100 have this same issue.
I even talked about it in my post HERE.
Thanks. Your copy looks flat-winged in this photo - doesn't seem to mar the appearance of the model as such

This makes it my third 'bent wing' model from 2023 (AC's EA & AY A300s being the other two)

Last edited: