Probably the worst way to start 2024

KG3036_SS

I just have some time to check new additions in my collection and I'm completely horrified with recent releases from 2 different manufacturers.

Phoenix Swissair MD-11 HB-IWH
20240107_012520.jpg

This one looks nice, but unfortunately this is the only one that I'm happy with since the other three that I checked at the retailer's place come with different problems that I just can't take.:confused:
The first one I opened comes with a touch of black paint on the bottom side of the wing and a terrible wing join that stains fly everywhere around it.☹️
The second one comes with a hair, real hair, sticking to the brown cheatline.:oops:
The third one comes with a poorly fit horizontal stabs with stains around the joins.:rolleyes:
Even this one ain't perfect - the MD-11 wording on the wingtip ain't perfect here and there - but they're small and minor so I'll leave it.🤕20240107_012551.jpg20240107_012613.jpg20240107_012559.jpg

The MD-11 gives me a painful experience in pick up, the other one are so bad that I regret purchasing the instant I opened the box.😨

JC Wings Lufthansa B747-400M D-ABTE
20240107_015719.jpg

You may have notice how crooked the nose gear is - yes it is indeed bent!🫠
20240107_014657.jpg
If a bent nose gear is not enough to drive you nuts - then how about a detached nose gear with poor finish?🫣20240107_014131.jpg20240107_014113.jpg20240107_014124.jpg20240107_014119.jpg
What makes me even more angry is that this one looks totally fine otherwise - it can sit on the main gears alone well and the paint job is nicely done! I paid almost USD$64 for such a joke! It's some of the most expensive models I've bought and the build and finish is so laughable that I feel like I, as a consumer, are being treated as clowns by manufacturers! 😡 😡 😡

C'mon, I can't believe this is the kind of build and finish manufacturers are going for in 2024, right? Especially for the brand that is targeting to intercept other brands popular releases right??? You're gonna challenge other brand with such QC???😧

C'mon, I can't believe this is the kind of build and finish manufacturers are going for in 2024, right? Especially for the brand that is targeting to intercept other brands popular releases right??? You're gonna challenge other brand with such QC???😧
It's funny how Hotwheels can be worth a lot more money when having an issue, while being produced in much higher numbers and costing 1 or 2 dollars. The nosegear issue is just a classic JC thing: keep releasing models with the same issue without fixing it. I have the KLM B747-400 with Aviationtag and I'm not going to buy another 747.

I just have some time to check new additions in my collection and I'm completely horrified with recent releases from 2 different manufacturers.

Phoenix Swissair MD-11 HB-IWH
View attachment 26172

This one looks nice, but unfortunately this is the only one that I'm happy with since the other three that I checked at the retailer's place come with different problems that I just can't take.:confused:
The first one I opened comes with a touch of black paint on the bottom side of the wing and a terrible wing join that stains fly everywhere around it.☹️
The second one comes with a hair, real hair, sticking to the brown cheatline.:oops:
The third one comes with a poorly fit horizontal stabs with stains around the joins.:rolleyes:
Even this one ain't perfect - the MD-11 wording on the wingtip ain't perfect here and there - but they're small and minor so I'll leave it.🤕View attachment 26173View attachment 26175View attachment 26174

The MD-11 gives me a painful experience in pick up, the other one are so bad that I regret purchasing the instant I opened the box.😨

JC Wings Lufthansa B747-400M D-ABTE
View attachment 26176

You may have notice how crooked the nose gear is - yes it is indeed bent!🫠
View attachment 26177
If a bent nose gear is not enough to drive you nuts - then how about a detached nose gear with poor finish?🫣View attachment 26178View attachment 26181View attachment 26180View attachment 26179
What makes me even more angry is that this one looks totally fine otherwise - it can sit on the main gears alone well and the paint job is nicely done! I paid almost USD$64 for such a joke! It's some of the most expensive models I've bought and the build and finish is so laughable that I feel like I, as a consumer, are being treated as clowns by manufacturers! 😡 😡 😡

Looks like they it got just tossed into the box and thrown into a truck to be shipped yeesh!

Agreed with Leo on the MD-11 issues since I seldomly get the chance to inspect the models directly at the shop (I got to do it for 3 models last year and that is equivalent to roughly 4% of the models I got last year). However, the nose landing gear on 747 of JCW is notoriously defective like that and rarely do they come unbent, unfortunately. I really understand your frustration when paying such a high price but got such a sad surprise…