Prins Johan Friso: Virgin's Only 767

YesterAirlines

About a month ago I wrote about the short-lived Aer Lingus 767s, but they weren't the only airline in the British Isles to unexpectedly try out the 767-
300. Virgin did also, although there reasons for briefly using the 767-300 were very different. This is another model I picked up recently at the Manchester Aviation Fair. Read on here:

VS_B763_11.JPG

Smashing model and one I have myself. I never really considered it to be 'full livery' though, on account of the basic Martinair look and the polished belly. That said, the entire Virgin fleet may have looked better like this ! 😎

Yep, indeed not a full livery but another perfect example of a HYBRID :D
Would look even better if she had red engines

I personally don't count this as a hybrid. It has the entire Virgin fuselage and tail scheme applied. The only thing missing is the red engines. It is effectively the full scheme.

I personally don't count this as a hybrid. It has the entire Virgin fuselage and tail scheme applied. The only thing missing is the red engines. It is effectively the full scheme.

The polished belly and grey engines are elements still reminiscent from the Martinair livery. If this 767 had the full Virgin livery, it should have a white belly and red engines, just like their A340s...

Here, there's a mix of both liveries; therefore, a hybrid IMO.
One could even say that, if we "cut" horizontally the plane, the lower part will be from Martinair and the top part would be from Virgin

Last edited:
There was also the one in Virgin Nigeria livery, although it was a separate airline from V. Atlantic.
There's a nice Big Bird model of that. For some reason I seem to have two. I assume I got the second forgetting I had the first.

Attachments

• 73235_1410033858.jpg
    73235_1410033858.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: