Please do not buy from Diecast Airplane Store

I inquired about my order via email and it turns out it just shipped today. It should get to me by the 11th according to the FedEx tracking info. Hopefully it's intact.
I’m glad to hear that… Hopefully the models do not fall victim to the game of ‘roulette’.

Uh oh --- I worry this might be one of those forums and threads I didn't know I needed until after I wished I'd found it earlier.

I guess I'll soon find out if my own experience with DAS proves to be a saga or not. I'd never bought from them before but they had a few models I wanted and they seemed legit (albeit from a hasty scan online). It was one of several orders across various retailers as I cross random things off my wish-list.

A week ago today I ordered four items all showing as "in stock." The order has been stuck on "awaiting fulfilment" since then and I see one of the items is now showing as out-of-stock. Normally I would chalk that up to my having ordered the last one, except it doesn't explain a full week going by without shipment. Unless they really are just that slow getting shipments out even when they have the items on hand?

Perhaps I'm being impatient, but a few of these comments have me second guessing myself, especially where all the other orders I made around the same day are all either en route or already delivered. I'll give them another day or so before following up, but not the finest introduction.

Thanks - that's of some comfort, and it does seem a lot of the issues people have had related to pre-orders, so hopefully in my case it's just a matter of being a bit slow to get in-stock models out.

Normally I wouldn't make much of it, but in this case, I've had the models sent to a family member in the States and with whom I'll be staying in a few weeks while visiting from Australia, so I'm fretting a bit more than I otherwise might. We shall see.

I did get my "in-stock" order after 3-4 months, the reason being it was out-of-stock at the time. The thing for them is that they are legit but never trust their "in-stock" sign, chances are 50% of those are out-of-stock and are awaiting further fulfillment from factories.

But is it worth the saga? depending on if you think that's a reasonable time frame cuz I've heard some JC wings stuff take over a year. Personally I wouldn't

• Wow
Reactions: ace
I did get my "in-stock" order after 3-4 months, the reason being it was out-of-stock at the time. The thing for them is that they are legit but never trust their "in-stock" sign, chances are 50% of those are out-of-stock and are awaiting further fulfillment from factories.

But is it worth the saga? depending on if you think that's a reasonable time frame cuz I've heard some JC wings stuff take over a year. Personally I wouldn't
That is... not ideal. It sounds like these guys are certainly legit, but that there may be errors with the inventory status that leads to delays. I've gone ahead and just sent a follow-up to ask them to confirm. I ordered through them specifically because the items showed as being in-stock, so while I can handle waiting a week so for an in-stock order to go out, anything longer starts feeling like something that you'd hope would be noted from the outset. It may also have just been an error, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and report back how I go.

Following up as promised: I didn't receive a response to my request for an update, and couldn't reach them by phone, at which point I sent a more sternly worded message to state that I'd initiate a chargeback if they didn't come back to me to explain the unexplained delay + lack of communication, either with a refund or confirmation the order was going out. I received a response within minutes, and a shipment notification the next day. I haven't received the order yet, but I have the tracking number to see it's on its way. Perhaps it was pure coincidence, but I doubt it --- I suspect they're simply a bit disorganised and the subject of my harsher e-mail got their attention and prompted action. A shame, if so, as they seem to mean well. Still, I don't think I'd purchase from them again.