Pictures: Airbus A330-743L Beluga XL5 F-GXLN

Phantom

I'm into classics to 99% but as Airbus' Belugas are rather regulars at my local spot and because my son loves them I decided to order one.
NG's version of XL5 just arrived at my doorstep so here's a few pictures. A pretty nice addition to my collection.

Beluga XL5 F-GXLN cn 2027 is the latest of the XL Belugas and was handed over to ops late in September this year.

fgxln4 by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
fgxln5 by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
fgxln3 by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
fgxln2 by AlexK3800, auf Flickr

For the fun of it here's two of my pics of the real deal:
XL5 only showed up in cruel weather (OVC008) so far. The bottom image shows XL2 on very short final
Airbus A330-743L F-GXLN by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
Airbus A330-743L F-GXLH by AlexK3800, auf Flickr

Wow... Your photos just make the models look so great, I might need to reconsider my purchase on this one! :ROFLMAO: NG should hire you to be their model photographer!

The only issue I have with this one is the colors on tail. A few elements appear to be on the yellow side instead of a light blueish grey they should be in.
That's unfortunate... They don't look too obvious in the pictures, how about in person?

That's unfortunate... They don't look too obvious in the pictures, how about in person?
Higher resolution pictures of course highlight such issues. But it is noticeable to the naked eye when you know that the real thing has only shades of blue, though by far not to an extend that would ruin the model.

Higher resolution pictures of course highlight such issues. But it is noticeable to the naked eye when you know that the real thing has only shades of blue, though by far not to an extend that would ruin the model.
Fair enough. Small mistakes like that are annoying but also not the end of the world. Does anyone know if the other Belugas had the same problems?

Looks really good in the photos. I wish they were more regular visitors to the States but having them in Europe where the bulk of their operations are at makes sense. I know one of the older Belugas did land in the Northeast US not too long ago.

Looks really good in the photos. I wish they were more regular visitors to the States but having them in Europe where the bulk of their operations are at makes sense. I know one of the older Belugas did land in the Northeast US not too long ago.
When you say older Belugas, do you mean the ones based on the A300 or some of the original A330 ones?