Phoenix August 24 release

KG3036_SS

Phoenix's August 24 release has just been published - Somewhat nice, but the dreadful 747 is still haunting the market with 2 new moulds on the horizon...

Qantas B787-9 "Go Australia" VH-ZNH
JAL Japan Airlines B787-8 "Myaku Myaku Jet" JA823J
Kalitta Air B777-300ER(SF) N779CK
Air Canada B777-300ER "Go Canada Go" C-FITW
Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 "Llevamos Campeones" LV-KAO
Caledonian Airways A320-200 G-BVYB
ANA All Nippon Airways A320neo JA220A
LATAM A320neo (Green+Yellow tail) PR-XBG
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines A321neo PH-AXA
Airbus A330-200 Old House livery F-WWKJ
Ethiopian Airlines A350-1000 "First A350 in Africa" ET-BAW
Iberia A340-600 Old livery EC-IQR
Air France B747-100 Old livery F-BPVC
LAB Lloyd Aero Boliviano B767-300ER CP-2426
Finnair MD-11 Final livery OH-LGG

The fact that they are constantly improving their moulds and releases is a very good sign in my eyes, despite their downsides! I just wish that they took initiative for heavily modifying their 747 classic mould like NG did. I might have even bought an improved one had they done it...

The IB A346 is long awaited. It's surprising that it's not been made recently. And has been very scarcely made - for what is an iconic scheme on an iconic aircraft.
All those earlier ones are on inferior moulds or inferior or older versions. I have the Hogan one - has poor plastic gears and no aerials.

The IB A346 is long awaited. It's surprising that it's not been made recently. And has been very scarcely made - for what is an iconic scheme on an iconic aircraft.
All those earlier ones are on inferior moulds or inferior or older versions. I have the Hogan one - has poor plastic gears and no aerials.
There actually is a Phoenix edition on this mould but I imagine it is very hard to get

I certainly wish the 747 mould isn’t as bad as it is, i would definitely get that air france 747 if it had a different mould.

There actually is a Phoenix edition on this mould but I imagine it is very hard to get

It is, one guy had it at the Amsterdam show in 2023, he was asking 90 Euros for it. There was also a Herpa one that we discussed together, that one is just too crude and old...

I asked DT a while back if there was any chance of getting Phoenix to re-release an Iberia A346. Aparently they took him up on it. I also suggested the EC-IQR "Salvador Dalí." Glad to see that is the reg. the model will be bearing :)