NG models July?

Tinfoil theory, but I think the CRP is overwhelming NG. Why the delays now, as opposed to earlier when the backlog was larger? Between the radio silence on the 748, declining release set quality and now this, it kinda seems like NG is ignoring the fundamentals in a quest for gimmicks. Nobody asked for the CRP, we just want good models and diverse release sets...
We might as well give them time and wait

A new DC-9 would be incredible. I doubt anyone other than Aeroclassics would use it properly, but that’s why custom models exist!
A Series 10 is where any and all discussion about a new DC-9 mold series needs to start.

We know AC has a policy of not redoing any proper releases, no matter how inferior or how affected by zinc rot the prior version was. It's going to have to be up to someone else. I think it would be nice if the Buchanan brand could be focused on US classic workhorses. That would be a good way to accommodate this segment of the hobby. It's small, but bigger than a niche.

Tinfoil theory, but I think the CRP is overwhelming NG. Why the delays now, as opposed to earlier when the backlog was larger? Between the radio silence on the 748, declining release set quality and now this, it kinda seems like NG is ignoring the fundamentals in a quest for gimmicks. Nobody asked for the CRP, we just want good models and diverse release sets...
Who knows honestly. All I know is that I'm waiting on the 2 ryanair 737s and neither has reached the retailer I have bought from so there are some shipping delays. whether thats a problem with NG or the shipping company they use I dont know as alot of other retailers have received theirs so I'm inclined to believe the latter.

As for quality, I don't really see your point of view as every model I've bought this year has arrived intact and accurate the the aircraft it replicates, maybe I'm just lucky?

I do also think that the CRP is an interesting idea and something no manufacturer has done before. I suspect that this is why weve had delays on release hints but it is a huge global project and one which NG seems to care alot about so we probably won't hear much from them until all the models for that programme are sent out.

I would like to see some more hints soon but I am patient and will wait but if I've learnt anything from these forums, there will always be people who are never going to be 100% satisfied.

Last edited:
Who knows honestly. All I know is that I'm waiting on the 2 ryanair 737s and neither has reached the retailer I have bought from so there are some shipping delays, whether thats a problem with NG or the shipping company they use I dont know as alot of other retailers ha e received there's so I'm inclined to believe the latter.

As for quality, I don't really see your point of view as every model I've bought this year has arrived intact and accurate the the aircraft it replicates, maybe I'm just lucky?

I do also think that the CRP is an interesting idea and something no manufacturer has done before. I suspect that this is why weve had delays on release hints but it is a huge global project and one which NG seems to care alot about so we probably won't hear much from them until all the models for that programme are sent out.

I would like to see some more hints soon but I am patient and will wait but if I've learnt anything from these forums, there will always be people who are never going to be 100% satisfied.
Fair enough. Regarding quality I wasn't referring to the models themselves (still top notch), but rather the boring and repetitive release sets. I'm admittedly biased due to the airlines I collect, but others have been saying similar things lately.

We know AC has a policy of not redoing any proper releases, no matter how inferior or how affected by zinc rot the prior version was.
AC has remade pretty much all the B.737-200 releases which were originally affected by zinc rot (CP Air, Air Tanzania etc.) and updated some original SMA releases on the 2009 slotted-wing version of the 732 mould, same with the DC-9-32 which also got a tweak at around the same time. The B.707 also had some previous zinc pest victims replaced, albeit on the later tooling (Royal Air Maroc springs to mind).

They have also released more than one registration in the same livery across a few other moulds, both in the past and very recently. For example: Thai, Korean Air (blue top), Air Afrique, United, Continental & American Airlines have all had more than 1 release on separate occasions in the same scheme on the DC-10 mould, Alitalia has had 2 separate releases in the same scheme on the B.727-200 & A300 moulds; Swissair ‘70s delivery even got redone on the B.741/2 mould when blanks of those were acquired in 2020! As they have moved to a new factory recently, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of new mould development either?

It is very much an individual AK choice. He remade this 747 because the factory previously got the wing colour wrong for example, but I agree they do sometimes remake models.
I remember that being the reason cited for the 2020 release. I think in some cases it’s to do with remaining inventory left over from the first production, which is strategically held back then released again later on with a different reg. The recent United DC-10s for example were probably left over from the batch released previously with Canadian registrations. Inventory clearing from the previous factory due to the move.

Quite a few have been remade over the years as mentioned, I own several of them and they build up a nice little fleet among the airlines concerned - I was very glad to finally track down an ‘impossible’ 2014 re-release of the AA DC-10-30 (N138AA) which is fully electroplated as per the 1st release of 2008 (N163AA).

Anyway - back to NG July releases - I’m sure people coming here don’t want to see a side-discussion about Aeroclassics developing in this particular thread 😂🙏

Last edited: