NG Models Is Shaking Up the 1:400 Scale World: The Good and The Bad

I would also add that maybe NG never knew about Luxair SP? I personally know of it but I thought it had South African registration.

Awesome reading. I'm one of those who were quite frustrated about the Corsair B747SP with Luxembourg reg.
Do I plan to have a Luxair 747SP model? No. But I still like to view each release batch, each modus operandi of the manufacturers, and what NG did would definitely make me mad if I wanted a Luxair 747SP.
That release seemed completely pointless to me. If NG wanted to release the LX-ACO version of the Corsair 747SP, they should have released it before, together with the French F-GTOM version.

We all know that NG is quite lazy about classics lately. By hinting a "LX-***" 747SP, we were all fooled into thinking it was a Luxair. It would be a very cool classic release. Instead, we got an exact livery we have seen before. Frustrating!!!

I understand and echo some of the frustrations in your post. I would say though that people here seem to take what NG does very personally as if NG are here to make you happy. The level of scrutiny they get is a good thing for them but also a bad thing. Do you really think they are setting out to frustrate you or me on purpose?

I agree they have been frustrating but putting some form of emotion into it like that strikes me as weird. NG weren't trying to fool anyone and it was literally 1 day after the hints they gave out the full list.

As for the WN Pink. I agree on customs but they are seemingly trying to keep people happy and it was asked for and apparently supported by others.

I think a good chunk of this disconnect comes down to the language barrier. Nobody at NG is a native English speaker from what I can tell. Their messages often don't read well and are a little confusing. The perils of daring to communicate with collectors I guess. Maybe they should just shout abuse at them like another brand?

I honestly wish NG had sub-brands to diversify their releases, kinda like what IF200 does with WB and JFox. NG does their usual United, American, Southwest, BA, Qatar, China majors, ANA... While the sub-brands do airlines NG ignores(Delta, Singapore, modern Cathay, Asiana etc.) on NG moulds.

I understand and echo some of the frustrations in your post. I would say though that people here seem to take what NG does very personally as if NG are here to make you happy. The level of scrutiny they get is a good thing for them but also a bad thing. Do you really think they are setting out to frustrate you or me on purpose?

Yes, I am convinced that they had me followed for several days to find out what frustrates me and did exactly that.

Yes, I am convinced that they had me followed for several days to find out what frustrates me and did exactly that.

Glad we got that cleared up ;) because you literally wrote "It seems that NG may have intentionally sought to cause frustration in some collectors"

You know I can probably say for sure that a huge percentage of collectors don’t even belong to these sites! A lot of young collectors are coming in every day! My children (6&8) love these new releases cause that’s what they see at their local airports. I know we all moan and b***ch about the lack of diversity the re releases, the amount of models, but I think we all get blinded by what we want. Who cares if NG releases 47 models. Most young collectors aren’t thinking about oh why is there so many. They just tell their parents what they want and maybe they only get 1 or 2. When I was young (and still today) Lego produces models left and right does that mean it’s irresponsible for them to produce multiple sets?

I personally am annoyed that JC AC GJ don’t re release some of their stuff! I came late to the game, so don’t have the years of collecting like most of you. I would love for AC to release A300 on AA and PG (birds of paradise). I’d love for JC to produce more B744 in liveries WE WANT.

I really think we here and on DAC are blinded to the older collectorate when in reality we are overshadowed by kids coming in to this hobby who care less about classics and re releases. In 10 years time we will look back at this and all laugh in how stupid these arguments are.

I honestly wish NG had sub-brands to diversify their releases, kinda like what IF200 does with WB and JFox. NG does their usual United, American, Southwest, BA, Qatar, China majors, ANA... While the sub-brands do airlines NG ignores(Delta, Singapore, modern Cathay, Asiana etc.) on NG moulds.
Buchannan Models could be an excellent classic model sub-brand, along with some new molds (727, 747 classic, etc.), but it seems they've just been focusing on obscure hybrids.

You know I can probably say for sure that a huge percentage of collectors don’t even belong to these sites! A lot of young collectors are coming in every day! My children (6&8) love these new releases cause that’s what they see at their local airports. I know we all moan and b***ch about the lack of diversity the re releases, the amount of models, but I think we all get blinded by what we want. Who cares if NG releases 47 models. Most young collectors aren’t thinking about oh why is there so many. They just tell their parents what they want and maybe they only get 1 or 2. When I was young (and still today) Lego produces models left and right does that mean it’s irresponsible for them to produce multiple sets?

I personally am annoyed that JC AC GJ don’t re release some of their stuff! I came late to the game, so don’t have the years of collecting like most of you. I would love for AC to release A300 on AA and PG (birds of paradise). I’d love for JC to produce more B744 in liveries WE WANT.

I really think we here and on DAC are blinded to the older collectorate when in reality we are overshadowed by kids coming in to this hobby who care less about classics and re releases. In 10 years time we will look back at this and all laugh in how stupid these arguments are.
If I'm being honest I heavily disagree with that last statement. Now kids do like seeing what they see everyday though not all of us are like that. Some of us would prefer older types over newer types despite never growing up around them. I think if manufacturers thought about those types of people too by saving at least 1/4 of their release slots for classics then some of us would be much happier.