NG Models Boeing 747-400 Mould Sample Review

@YesterAirlines Great review. I do want to add on to the engine section. The PW engines do seem well modelled. Infact the way I differentiate the PW engines from GE are the last bit of the exhaust tail pipe changes to a steeper angle towards the middle. They also have that vent mid way to the end. The GE engines do not, they remain at a constant angle and go parallel at the last tiny bit. At least it seems like they do. What I do see on the GE is that the tailpipe does seem a bit long.

Look at the last bit on the Korean engine (PW)

Attachments

• tss-boeing-747-pw-4056-pilot-edition-sound-package_6_ss_m_190102105605.jpg
    tss-boeing-747-pw-4056-pilot-edition-sound-package_6_ss_m_190102105605.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 33
  • 578059416_d9dcb14816_b.jpg
    578059416_d9dcb14816_b.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 17
I have to ask myself, do I really need another 747-400 as all the airline liveries I am interested in have been made by other manufacturers on quite satisfactory moulds?

I have to ask myself, do I really need another 747-400 as all the airline liveries I am interested in have been made by other manufacturers on quite satisfactory moulds?
at least with all the 747s i have, i am not going to get anew one with the same livery.
praising and admiring the new and better mold is one thing, spending money on the actual repeated model is another.

Great review Richard. Very happy that NG have delved into the 747-400. The mould itself looks good, just a shame that there isn't any markings on that would show us how they intend to print the windows and cockpit. However, the comparison you did gives me reassurance that they'll do a good job.

I terms of liveries, the livery that springs to mind for me is Virgin. The last one that was made in the regular colours was by gemini in 2018 which used the old JC mould so it would be nice to see another. There's also forever young which was an older livery virgin that had a sticker applied to honour a member of the company who sadly passed away.

Seen as though NG like concepts aswell, it would be amazing if they could do a retro livery on the 744 with their first livery

Attachments

• download (3).jpeg
    download (3).jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 30
Maybe placing the -400 sample nose to nose with their SP and -8Fs would be helpful in determining the accuracy of the nose cone position.

Adrian you constantly make this argument for literally every type that isn't a Bristol Freighter ;)

I think the answer may be no for you, though you ought to reconsider, but is likely yes for most people the following reasons:

• The moulds you consider quite satisfactory (Dragon, Gemini even Big Bird) are all obsolecent in terms of mould details
  • Printing quality has come a long way since 2005
  • The old BigBird 744s are horrendously expensive 2nd hand and hard to find anyway
  • There are plenty of schemes that haven't been made
  • There are lots of new younger collectors who haven't been able to get the old versions
  • Your collection criteria is quite limited and I know you don't have room for many more 747s in your cabinets!
For me I own 31 747-400s (so not that many really) and I'm quite willing to replace the 13 that use the Dragon and Gemini moulds. I'm not so sure about the BigBird / Aeroclassics / Apollo versions but I imagine I might be convinced. There are probably quite a few 'new' ones I've never even had the chance to buy.

I do admit though that 747 expansion will become a space issue.

Nice review, for the final product all I'm looking for is correctly sized cockpit window, current version, regardless 748F or 748, they are printed wayyyyy too large.