NG Model Delta A319/A320 title issues?

Atlspotter

Hi everyone,
I was looking to get the NG models Delta A319 or A320, but noticed they have an issue with the DELTA titles. The A320 seems to have a small and squished title, but the A319 isn’t as bad, but still noticeable. If anyone has these models can you please confirm the issue? I attached some photos below, interested to see what y’all think.

Attachments

• IMG_4644.jpeg
    IMG_4644.jpeg
    392.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4645.jpeg
    IMG_4645.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4643.png
    IMG_4643.png
    560 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4646.jpeg
    IMG_4646.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
Hi everyone,
I was looking to get the NG models Delta A319 or A320, but noticed they have an issue with the DELTA titles. The A320 seems to have a small and squished title, but the A319 isn’t as bad, but still noticeable. If anyone has these models can you please confirm the issue? I attached some photos below, interested to see what y’all think.
Seems to be an error in the artwork department here.
Window line should sit roughly mid of 1L door height with the titles almost touching 1L top. While the title top seems to match the door, the window line is too high squishing the titles.
I wish NG's artwork department would catch up with their moulds. This isn't the only model with this issue.

There's of course another issue leading to squished looking titles. Even a "correct" artwork looks squished if set up too high on the fuselage.
A combination of both might be the case here.

Last edited:
I agree, the titles are looking pretty squished. Furthermore the whole window line on the A320 isn't horizontal and placed too high.

Seems like the recent Delta releases starting summer 2022 (which all happened to be Delta Airbus narrowbodies) had the same issue. Through the box arts you can notice that was the time they started using a clearly incorrect (compressed) version of the logo.

Why they took a completely fine logo, compressed it, and started using that, I have no clue.

The CGI for the upcoming 738 with scims has the correct titles (although presumably they took the CGI from the 2020 release and just updated the winglets), however we do see the compressed titles on the box. Not sure which one they'll choose for the actual model, but I did send them an email about a week ago, with the diagram attached below.

Attachments

• Delta Titles.jpg
    Delta Titles.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 60
Well I’ve just ordered the A319, so we’ll see how it goes.

(EDIT: I have requested to cancel the order)
The titles on the A319 really isn't that bad after seeing it in person. In my opinion negligible enough to keep the order, although the decision is yours.

Hi everyone,
Gemini Jets one is better imo.IMG_4943.jpeg

Screenshot_2023-12-31-23-07-09-754_com.android.chrome-01.jpeg
This is GJs version. Oh yeah, titles correct?!
Great!

Let's not look at the terrible cockpit printing
The snooty nose section
The wonky nlg
The rudder issue
The chonky engine / wing detailing
And the fact that, the cabin windows are printed higher - not very different from NG's - which is given away by the window line location wrt the horizontal stabs.
Just because the cockpit printing is twisted - doesn't mean the cabin windows are okay

Oh yes, but the titles are probably okay - but only by a bit - ish, I'd say,
Rest doesn't really matter, does it? 😅🙄😄

View attachment 26024
Great!

The snooty nose section
The wonky nlg
The rudder issue
And the fact that, the cabin windows are printed higher - not very different from NG's - which is given away by the window line location wrt the horizontal stabs.
Just because the cockpit printing is twisted - doesn't mean the cabin windows are okay

So, I have this plane and it looks better from the left side than the right. In my opinion, it depends on the model you get since each one might have its differences. Fortunately, mine does not have that bad of a cockpit window issue but, the Delta title is angled on the right side. Hopefully, the upcoming a320 won't have this issue.

Last edited:
Gemini Jets one is better imo.View attachment 26018
Yeah GJ is way better on the Delta titles on the 319... originally I committed to NG but I decided to go with GJ. Part of it was due to the squished titles but also because PandaFox didn't have NG's available (still marked as preorder apparently), and seeing as they don't have the NG 320 it'll be the same case for that too. I checked Waffle, another place I buy from frequently, and they had neither one when I purchased it.

I hope NG is able to address this issue with future Delta releases.

Just for fun, I thought I'd compare it to my older Gemini A319, N348NB (released August 2009). I know, it's the older mould, but the window line looks better, along with the titles, the cockpit windows are straight...and best of all....it doesn't have the ginormous engines.
Delta A319-114 N348NB L.jpg

Delta A319-114 N348NB R.jpg

Last edited:
Just for fun, I thought I'd compare it to my older Gemini A319, N348NB (released August 2009). I know, it's the older mould, but the window line looks better, along with the titles, the cockpit windows are straight...and best of all....it doesn't have the ginormous engines.
View attachment 26042

View attachment 26043
I would've preferred to get one of these but they're so hard to find, so the new release is the next-best thing.

View attachment 26024
Great!

The snooty nose section
The wonky nlg
The rudder issue

Ooh, doesnt look to great. Order hasn’t been cancelled yet by the retailer so I guess the NG might come.

I would've preferred to get one of these but they're so hard to find, so the new release is the next-best thing.
Squatchysdiecasthanger has one in stock at $45 I think. They have a pretty nice selection of rare models in fact, all reasonably priced (though shipping is expensive).

..... but also because PandaFox didn't have NG's available (still marked as preorder apparently), and seeing as they don't have the NG 320 it'll be the same case for that too. I checked Waffle, another place I buy from frequently, and they had neither one when I purchased it.
Yes the NG DL A319 pre-orders sold out real quick - I had a similar experience, though with other stores. By the time I decided to pre-order mine, it was sold out on 2 of my 3 preferred stores, with just the last one (luckily) remaining in the third one. Snatched it without any second thoughts.
Edit: My 3 preferred stores are each in 3 different continents 😂

Last edited: