NG 777 Cockpit Windows

OscarBravo992

Hi all, I was just wondering what your opinions are on the NG 777 cockpit windows when compared to the real thing / the JC 777? I personally do not mind, I think that they both have great detail and shape, but I feel the JC 777's windows are too long. My opinion is all based off pictures I have seen on the internet as I do not own a NG 777.

IMG_2694.JPG1665788059324.png
394364d1664561421-73012-2-.jpg

What do you think?

Last edited:
Hi all, I was just wondering what your opinions are on the NG 777 cockpit windows when compared to the real thing / the JC 777? I personally do not mind, I think that they both have great detail and shape, but I feel the JC 777's windows are too short. My opinion is all based off pictures I have seen on the internet as I do not own a NG 777.

View attachment 898View attachment 901

What do you think?
I don’t see anything wrong with either

Some of ngs older ones looked odd but they fixed the problem the jc one is ok but I have noticed it screwd up on a few, the ac 777-200 releasesed by gj on there mould had bad windows so I didn’t get it.

Agreed. It was usually the -200s that had issues when the mould was new -- the sharp nose and high windowline -- and now it seems to be better.

What I think of the NG 777 is that it looks flawless in certain angles and it doesn't look quite right on some of the other angles. For example... if you look from the front I'd say it looks as close as it gets but from a diagonal perspective you can see the cockpit is slightly too short. I do appreciate their level of detail in the cockpit windows. I'd say NG has been fairly active in updating their 777 but some issues still remain untouched...

With that note, here is my list of potential NG 777 improvements:
- Engine clearance for GE90-115B; the engines themselves are fine but the pylons need to hold the engine further up.
- APU exhaust; for some reason NG lacks this key detail of asymmetrical APU shape on the mould, and instead decided to just print the detail.
- Flap fairings; the outboard fairings are quite short and it needs to be larger.

Agreed. It was usually the -200s that had issues when the mould was new -- the sharp nose and high windowline -- and now it seems to be better.

What I think of the NG 777 is that it looks flawless in certain angles and it doesn't look quite right on some of the other angles. For example... if you look from the front I'd say it looks as close as it gets but from a diagonal perspective you can see the cockpit is slightly too short. I do appreciate their level of detail in the cockpit windows. I'd say NG has been fairly active in updating their 777 but some issues still remain untouched...

With that note, here is my list of potential NG 777 improvements:
- Engine clearance for GE90-115B; the engines themselves are fine but the pylons need to hold the engine further up.
- APU exhaust; for some reason NG lacks this key detail of asymmetrical APU shape on the mould, and instead decided to just print the detail.
- Flap fairings; the outboard fairings are quite short and it needs to be larger.
This ^ couldn’t have said it better.

Hi all, I was just wondering what your opinions are on the NG 777 cockpit windows when compared to the real thing / the JC 777? I personally do not mind, I think that they both have great detail and shape, but I feel the JC 777's windows are too short. My opinion is all based off pictures I have seen on the internet as I do not own a NG 777.

What do you think?
In my opinion, I feel that NG does a great job on all their noses, and their 777 nose is close if not perfect. The issue I have with the NG mould for the 777 is the apu. Those two protruding elements are not apparent, and should appear. The apu is instead, rounded similar to the Pheonix version. An unfortunate oversight by NG. The others have them represented, however too long. Aviation seems to do better here, but the nose 👃... Could be stubby. Curious to hear what others have to say now that we have the NG mould, is it the best?

Attachments

• IMG_20220815_181308__01.jpg
    IMG_20220815_181308__01.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 19
In my opinion, I feel that NG does a great job on all their noses, and their 777 nose is close if not perfect. The issue I have with the NG mould for the 777 is the apu. Those two protruding elements are not apparent, and should appear. The apu is instead, rounded similar to the Pheonix version. An unfortunate oversight by NG. The others have them represented, however too long. Aviation seems to do better here, but the nose 👃... Could be stubby. Curious to hear what others have to say now that we have the NG mould, is it the best?
I personally do not mind the NG's APU, it doesn't bother me much. If they edited it to have the protruding elements I would be happy, but in my opinion it doesn't seem to take too much away from the model. I do not yet have a NG 777, so my opinion might change when my Qatar 777 arrives. :)

I noticed that on the latest qatar 777. I’m yet to aquire it but I’ve got the Oneworld one from a few months ago so I’ll compare and see if NG have indeed altered the windows :)

I noticed that on the latest qatar 777. I’m yet to aquire it but I’ve got the Oneworld one from a few months ago so I’ll compare and see if NG have indeed altered the windows :)
Thanks! I also have the new Qatar on order, however no older release to compare it to.

What do you think?
Thanks for bringing this up. Simply put, JC’s windows are long, much longer than they need to be and overall oversized. The size it’s not too terrible. What is terrible is inconsistency when it comes to printing them. Sometime lower. Sometimes higher and. Those discrepancies totally change the face of the plane. NGs look about the right size but I’m yet to own one. Based on the pictures they appear to be almost perfect.