NG 767

It really feels like the 1:400 world is in a new age with all of this new upcoming moulds
Edit: not a new age but very different from what it was in 2020-2018
With this deluge of NG moulds I'm starting to question if 1:200 has a future in the long run.

In the past 1:200 was the way to go if you wanted the absolute best, they were more detailed and above all more refined (proportional aerials, printing, gears etc.). These days your average NG offers the same amount of detail and refinement at a fraction of the cost; certain details like NG's fan blades are even better than what's the norm in 1:200. Until now it wasn't a big issue as NG's catalog was relatively narrow, but that's no longer the case with the 747s, MD80s and 767s.

As someone who started out as a 1:200 only guy, I just don't see the merit in getting those anymore.

With this deluge of NG moulds I'm starting to question if 1:200 has a future in the long run.

In the past 1:200 was the way to go if you wanted the absolute best, they were more detailed and above all more refined (proportional aerials, printing, gears etc.). These days your average NG offers the same amount of detail and refinement at a fraction of the cost; certain details like NG's fan blades are even better than what's the norm in 1:200. Until now it wasn't a big issue as NG's catalog was relatively narrow, but that's no longer the case with the 747s, MD80s and 767s.

As someone who started out as a 1:200 only guy, I just don't see the merit in getting those anymore.
Some people enjoy the realism and grandeur of a 1:200 model.

i dont doubt the future of 1:200, since people who do collect 1:200 in the first place dont have space issue, and when you dont have space issue you tend to go for the bigger one. the price of 1:200 doubles or triples compare to 1:400, but the actual size you get is more than twice, it's 8 times in volume.

I remember someone saying that we're in a golden age for 1/400 models and I think it's a great analogy. I don't think we've been spoiled like this since the start of the hobby!
I'm really thinking about this too. There's definitely been a lot of excitement as of late (from myself as well; I didn't expect NG to do molds for the MD-80 and 767 for another few years). If NG nails these new molds and utilizes them effectively, then this year will be seen as a turning point for 1/400 scale models (in a good way). :)

Besides the old fashioned mould, engines are as usual not horizontal and leaning to the bottom. Main landing gear spreads to the outside.
Maybe it’s a big misunderstanding and GJ just wanted it to be from the Interactive Series. Tilting engines are for the maintenance diorama, when the power plants are taken off the pylon, the whole model tilting backwards on the MLG is for the runway diorama while the aircraft is rotating, and finally the spreading main landing gear imitates a fully-loaded 767-400 prior to a long-distance flight. We just misunderstood what Gemini intended to bring us. :)

On a more serious note: it’s rather impossible to tell from a single photo – apart from the tilting fuselage, of course. But I would agree that the mould is looking rather outdated and - please apologize - even simple and cheap. I find it interesting, however, that quite many collectors obviously think (or take seriously into account) that a manufacturer makes a new mould, hides it in the model boneyard and dig it out on another occasion. While that sounds like a good thriller plot for Hollywood, I can hardly believe this Gemini 767-400 mould was casted years ago and held back for the moment a competitor is about to release it.

Maybe it’s a big misunderstanding and GJ just wanted it to be from the Interactive Series. Tilting engines are for the maintenance diorama, when the power plants are taken off the pylon, the whole model tilting backwards on the MLG is for the runway diorama while the aircraft is rotating, and finally the spreading main landing gear imitates a fully-loaded 767-400 prior to a long-distance flight. We just misunderstood what Gemini intended to bring us. :)

On a more serious note: it’s rather impossible to tell from a single photo – apart from the tilting fuselage, of course. But I would agree that the mould is looking rather outdated and - please apologize - even simple and cheap. I find it interesting, however, that quite many collectors obviously think (or take seriously into account) that a manufacturer makes a new mould, hides it in the model boneyard and dig it out on another occasion. While that sounds like a good thriller plot for Hollywood, I can hardly believe this Gemini 767-400 mould was casted years ago and held back for the moment a competitor is about to release it.
Indeed, I expected a bit more for a "new" mould, that's why I was trying it. But luckily we will have better options in the near future 😀