New Ng Models release reaction (a disappointing month)

Epic Tristars which have been done by others in past are nothing to get excited about. I share the author's opinion!!
Yes, but on inferior moulds? AK, once again, you make points with no proof. If anything, you are the one who doesn't care about accuracy.

I hope we can all find the good in models no matter what, it's still crazy to me that we weren't getting diecast model airplanes even 30 years ago.

I hope we can all find the good in models no matter what, it's still crazy to me that we weren't getting diecast model airplanes even 30 years ago.
We were!! They were 1:600 scale made in Germany by Schabak and previously Schuco! I still have a lot of mine! Prior to that were AeroMinis in the larger scale, and if you're really old, there were Dinky. I still have my Dinky BEA Viscount, BOAC Comet, Air France Caravelle, Canadian Pacific Britannia, and Air France Constellation. There was even Techno, who made similar, and I have a few of their DC-7s
Quality and details pale compared to today's offerings, but those were still treasures back in the day!!

We were!! They were 1:600 scale made in Germany by Schabak and previously Schuco! I still have a lot of mine! Prior to that were AeroMinis in the larger scale, and if you're really old, there were Dinky. I still have my Dinky BEA Viscount, BOAC Comet, Air France Caravelle, Canadian Pacific Britannia, and Air France Constellation. There was even Techno, who made similar, and I have a few of their DC-7s
Quality and details pale compared to today's offerings, but those were still treasures back in the day!!
Funnily enough I have one of them, a Delta Tristar. Picked it up at a gift shop in Boston a couple years ago on a trip for $20.

Great release in my opinion, other than the southwest “ugly canyon blue is thankfully gone soon!” I’ll be picking up 5 possibly 6 of these releases.

I agree, the Canyon Blue livery was ugly. However, I got this release as there is a gap in my collection between the mustard rocket ones and the heart ones. I like NG 737s.

I agree, I want a modern scheme too, but that particular jet is still wearing those older colors as of 1 month ago and the reason I've preordered it is because I have seen and photographed the exact tail number CC-BGI, which is a big part of my collection criteria.

Also, Phoenix have a new / modern LATAM livery, they do make a fine 787, but I don't like their wing flex: https://www.eztoys.com/latam-boeing-787-9-dreamliner-ps-laa-phoenix-11712-scale-1-400.html

52494262774_718a9c1e44_b.jpg
by JC Photography, on Flickr

You guys talking about a 787 in the colors of LAN (as opposed to LATAM) being old makes me feel old 😆. When I think of LAN the image below is what comes to my mind, with the Avensa 727 in the background and all 😅.

1669744259492.png