My complete 1/400th collection..shelf by shelf

Purpleplane

My collection is housed in 2 IKEA "Billy" bookshelf units with glass doors. Here I'll go through each shelf. My collection is sorted by airline.

Shelf 1 on left side: Air Florida, AirTran, Alaska, Allegheny, Allegiant. Shelf 2 is also ivsible in this photo: American. The shelf at the top is for my "photo booth"
shelf 1L.jpgShelf 1 on right side: America West, American Trans Air. Shelf 2 is also visible: Braniff, Continental. The DC-8 between the Braniff II 727 and the Continental DC-9s is the Aeroclassics ONA DC-8-21 N1976P with special decals applied to make it look exactly as it appeared in service with Club USA Travel Club that was based at IND:

shelf 1R.jpg
Shelf 3 on left side: Delta narrowbodies. Shelf 4 is also visible: Eastern, Frontier, Hughes Airwest, Midway, National, New York Air, North Central, And Northeast.

shelf 2L.jpg
Shelf 3 on right side: Delta 757's and widebodies.
shelf 2R.jpg

Shelf 5 on left side: Northwest.. Shelf 6 is also visible: Southwest. And shelf 7: United
shelf 6L.jpg
Shelf 4 right side: FedEx. Shelf 5 also visible: Ozark, Pan Am, People Express, Piedmont, Republic, Southern, Spirit, Sun Country, Ted, Texas International, Trans International, Valujet, Western, Western Pacific.
shelf 4 R.jpg
Shelf 7 left side: United. Shelf 8: widebody overflow: Braniff, Cargolux, Northwest and TWA 747's, Eastern DC-10-30, American MD-11, FedEx 777 and MD-11 overflow.
shelf 7L.jpg
Shelf 6 right side: TWA Shelf 7: USAir and US Airways.
shelf 5R.jpg
A better view of shelf 7, USAir and US Airways. Also Shelf 8 widebody overflow... for now just United 767-300's
shelf 7R.jpg

Attachments

• shelf 6R.jpg
    shelf 6R.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Ohhh I love your Northwest collection!
It is a bit peculiar to me that you have the planes on the shelves backwards, is there any specific reason for this?
Yes, actually there is a reason for it. I have several models that just refuse to sit properly on their nose gear. When I anchored the cabinets to the wall, they angled in slightly. When I put the models in tail out...all of the "tail draggers" sat perfectly on their nose gears.

What a spectacular fleet you have there! And I love the dedicated space for which airline. Oh by the way this is the first time that I see a collector displays the model with the nose pointing inside.

What a spectacular fleet you have there! And I love the dedicated space for which airline. Oh by the way this is the first time that I see a collector displays the model with the nose pointing inside.
Thank you. The reason I have them tails out is because it actually keeps the "tail draggers" properly on the ground. When I anchored the cabinets to the wall, I didn't notice that they angled in slightly, but it keeps them all nose down. So far that's the only solution that's worked. Another reason I have the tails out is because, for me, it's like looking at the planes from the ramp "at the gates".. I just like seeing all those tails sticking out.

Last edited:
Thank you. The reason I have them tails out is because it actually keeps the "tail draggers" properly on the ground. When I anchored the cabinets to the wall, I didn't notice that they angled in slightly, but it keeps them all nose down. So far that's the only solution that's worked. Another reason I have the tails out is because, for me, it's like looking at the planes from the ramp "at the gates".. I just like seeing all those tails sticking out.
A genuine solution and a different perspective too! I am amazed by your collection!