Models of aircraft you've spotted or flown

Most of my collection is based of planes I've seen, spotted, flown on, or flown myself. A few members of the collection:

Flown on
KLM DC-10-30 PH-DTA 1:200
KLM MD-11 PH-KCE 1:200/1:400
ALM MD-82 PJ-SEH 1:200
ALM MD-82 PJ-SEF 1:200
Grupo Taca A320 1:200 (flew on several)
Grupo Taca 737-200 1:200 (flew on several)
Aeropostal DC-9-30 YV-24C 1:200
Aeropostal DC-9-51 YV-32C 1:200
Aserca DC-9-30 1:200
SAM RJ100 1:144/1:400
Dutch Caribbean Airlines DC-9-30 PJ-SNL 1:400
American 727/737-800//757-200/A300 1:200/1:400

And I have a wishlist of others I have flown on that I have to get or make as customs.

Spotted, quite a few but I'd have to go through pictures to check.

Flown myself,

Copa 737-700
Copa 737-800

Both in 1/400 and 1/200. Oddly enough I don't have any models of anything I flew before that. But they're on the to-do-list.

Haha! How can you find the pilot in the room... 😉.

Well, going by that logic then yes, I have plenty of airplanes that I have flown on in my collection, but I did not get them because of that. I'm sure there are also some tail numbers that I have spotted that are in my collection, but I'm just not aware of them, there is only a handful that I have intentionally gotten because I have spotted them.

I also have a few that I have flown myself in my collection, but the most special one in that category is a Shuttle America Embraer E-170 in 1:200 scale N867RW. My first airline job was with them, and the day I passed my E-170 type-rating (my first type) I got all three Gemini200 Shuttle America E-170s from Waffle as soon as I got back to the hotel as a gift to myself. It was a really fun first airline gig, but I had to commute to New York, where I was based, so after a year I left for another regional that gave me an offer to do the same job but based out of IAH. As luck would have it, when I showed up at the gate to operate my last flight for Shuttle the aircraft assigned to it was N867RW. After doing the last walk around I asked someone from the ground team to take a picture of me next to the plane.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0513.jpg
    DSC_0513.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0514.jpg
    DSC_0514.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Heaven, literally. Something about JT8D’s😍
The whistle, the smell, and the roar... 😎. One of the last times I went spotting at IAH was to catch the last American MD-80 departure, N979TW to DFW on September 3, 2019. Drove all around IAH trying to catch everything from touch down, water salute and takeoff. I have two in 1:400, GJ and DW.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't consider my AA MD-80s part of my "have spotted them" category, since the tail numbers don't match, and I wasn;t thinking about it when I got the models or when I went spotting. I also flew on many AA MD-80s, but never kept track of tail numbers.

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0095.jpg
    DSC_0095.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0144.jpg
    DSC_0144.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0144.jpg
    DSC_0144.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Well, going by that logic then yes, I have plenty of airplanes that I have flown on in my collection, but I did not get them because of that. I'm sure there are also some tail numbers that I have spotted that are in my collection, but I'm just not aware of them, there is only a handful that I have intentionally gotten because I have spotted them.

I also have a few that I have flown myself in my collection, but the most special one in that category is a Shuttle America Embraer E-170 in 1:200 scale N867RW. My first airline job was with them, and the day I passed my E-170 type-rating (my first type) I got all three Gemini200 Shuttle America E-170s from Waffle as soon as I got back to the hotel as a gift to myself. It was a really fun first airline gig, but I had to commute to New York, where I was based, so after a year I left for another regional that gave me an offer to do the same job but based out of IAH. As luck would have it, when I showed up at the gate to operate my last flight for Shuttle the aircraft assigned to it was N867RW. After doing the last walk around I asked someone from the ground team to take a picture of me next to the plane.
This is epic! I hope the 170 was a blast!

The whistle, the smell, and the roar... 😎. One of the last times I went spotting at IAH was to catch the last American MD-80 departure, N979TW to DFW on September 3, 2019. Drove all around IAH trying to catch everything from touch down, water salute and takeoff. I have two in 1:400, GJ and DW.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't consider my AA MD-80s part of my "have spotted them" category, since the tail numbers don't match, and I wasn;t thinking about it when I got the models or when I went spotting. I also flew on many AA MD-80s, but never kept track of tail numbers.
Man, so glad you got to see 979! Love that DW as well! Would take MD-80s any day!

Hahahaha he'll tell you! Infact I want to make the ones I used to fly before. I flew twin otters and the Let410 for NatureAir in Costa Rica. Very colorfull.

I love your story with N876RW, awesome coincidence.

I also don't know to include some of the spotted ones because many with many big airlines it's hard to track the tail numbers.

I have seen my Qantas Airbus A330 VH-QPA (with 80 years sticker), parked at the gate on a recent Sydney to Singapore trip (sadly without the 80 years sticker)

20221023_081518.jpg

Hahahaha he'll tell you! Infact I want to make the ones I used to fly before. I flew twin otters and the Let410 for NatureAir in Costa Rica. Very colorfull.

I love your story with N876RW, awesome coincidence.

I also don't know to include some of the spotted ones because many with many big airlines it's hard to track the tail numbers.

I didn't know about NatureAir, that is a cool livery, are you planning to customize one on the new GJ200 Twin Otter mold?
I have seen my Qantas Airbus A330 VH-QPA (with 80 years sticker), parked at the gate on a recent Sydney to Singapore trip (sadly without the 80 years sticker)

View attachment 2643

Welcome to MAF.

I didn't know about NatureAir, that is a cool livery, are you planning to customize one on the new GJ200 Twin Otter mold?

Welcome to MAF.
Yes I already got one. Infact I got that one, a shapeways 1:400 twin otter and a revell 1/72 twin otter. All going nature air.

Sounds like you will stay busy for a while. Will love to see pictures of them when finished.
Ohh I'm busy with customs for a good while. Is there some sort of album or inventory function in the forum where we could upload pictures as an album without starting a new thread?

Ohh I'm busy with customs for a good while. Is there some sort of album or inventory function in the forum where we could upload pictures as an album without starting a new thread?
Not that I know off, I think the idea is to keep MAF simple without a bunch of different sections.