Midwest Model Store sold

"This will include creating a mediahub that will cover news, information, releases and topics in aviation model collectibles at FLYINGMag.com".

Does this mean there will be another forum-like website with the same purpose as MAF? Or just a dedicated news page about diecast models?

Ali here (original owner).

Yes that is correct, Midwest Model Store is now under new ownership. The new ownership (Flying Media Group) has a very skilled team of aviation enthusiasts operating behind the scenes that will be able to make the store an even better place to shop. I will work with the team over the next few weeks to ensure a seamless transition so you can still expect the same great service you've come to know from Midwest Model Store. If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out to us by email at: "[email protected]".

"This will include creating a mediahub that will cover news, information, releases and topics in aviation model collectibles at FLYINGMag.com".

Does this mean there will be another forum-like website with the same purpose as MAF? Or just a dedicated news page about diecast models?
Tentatively not another forum like MAF. FLYINGMAG.com posts lots of high quality aviation related articles which you can view here: https://www.flyingmag.com. Plans are to post the same in-depth articles but for diecast model airplane news.

Interesting. @Midwest, I curious about what will happen to the ownership of MAF?

Aside from that, it sounds good, although we will miss the excellent original Midwest customer service.

Hey guys - I am Craig, the new owner of MAF and Midwest (also FLYING).. We are excited to participate in the model community and want to be good stewards of the Midwest brand and support MAF. We are planning to keep MAF going (sorry for the hiccup this week, that was a platform issue by the host as they transferred ownership)...

Feel free to reach out to me for any questions/comments/concerns...

We plan on creating a news page and articles about diecast models. We want to cover the space with an editorial approach...