JCW 747 cockpit window print

The Kuwait looks OK to me. The United/Sofia is weird but I guess that's a mould issue, not really the cockpit windows. The shape of the front section looks a bit off. Well, I guess the windows could be a bit smaller too.

The Korea 747-8 is indeed trash :( They're too big and poorly positioned.

JC Wings often have too big windows for their 747s.

Is it me or is the forehead area on the Korean simply too small? Or not steep enough? I'm pretty sure it's not just the printing that's wrong.

Cannot agree more. I bought a JCW 747 following the hype lately and only found instant regret -- completely honest opinion.

My biggest problem is that the landing gear rod is too thick, especially on the front gear, this takes all the elegance away instantly.
The second issue is that the front landing gear is too short, making it like an A332.
The cockpit printing on mine was good but it is too large, much like 1:300 cockpit being put on a 1:400 model.

I'm now back at buying PH 747s and will leave JC alone unless these issues are fixed. Maybe its nose is not pointy enough, but it is much more bearable to me and shows off the elegance of the queen very nicely.

The one I bought.
IMG_3472.JPG

Cannot agree more. I bought a JCW 747 following the hype lately and only found instant regret -- completely honest opinion.

My biggest problem is that the landing gear rod is too thick, especially on the front gear, this takes all the elegance away instantly.
The second issue is that the front landing gear is too short, making it like an A332.
The cockpit printing on mine was good but it is too large, much like 1:300 cockpit being put on a 1:400 model.

I'm now back at buying PH 747s and will leave JC alone unless these issues are fixed. Maybe its nose is not pointy enough, but it is much more bearable to me and shows off the elegance of the queen very nicely.

The one I bought.
View attachment 20189
The nosegear is another issue yes. JC tends to have that flaw across the board.

It's a matter of preference, but IMO the PH is even worse; that wing seam looks like half-melted wax haphazardly tacked onto the fuselage. Not even close to the real thing. The tail is also inaccurate. Yes there are fewer issues, but the wing joint alone is more egregious than any sum of JC's inaccuracies.

Last edited:
My only two JC 747-400s.

This blank came with the cockpit windows printed way too low, the nose gear does not touch the ground either (I had to raise the cardboard to prevent that in the photo):

1689909106740.png

Luckily my United Saul Bass example looks a lot better and it sits on its nose, though the NLG strut still looks a bit compressed, maybe the tire is a tad large? I think their landing gear construction could be less complex and wobbly.

1689909081928.png

Besides the inconsistencies with cockpit window printing and the odd landing gear, I think this is the best 747-400 (pax) mold in 1:400 scale.