JC Wings 1:400 Release Hints (December)

My point overall (and considering I'm called an NG apologist the irony is rich) is that

a) the praise of NG here is getting out of hand. They are not perfect. Did any of you buy the recent Bolivian A330 from them? If you did - did you turn it over because it's completely missing the massive belly logo
b) The JC 777 is at least as good as the NG one (and better than the AV400) and it just is a case of picking the aspects you dislike the most when choosing between them
c) NG's printing isn't any better than JC Wings or Pandas or AV400s. Infact, at times NG has reproduced printing poorly like on the Virgin A350-1000 I reviewed

Plus if people are going to make criticism of moulds then they could at least add some evidence rather than making blanket statements.
easy Richard, I still remember not a long ago when we saw the new mould from NG there were loads of criticisms as well and now it seems it's overturned.
still, i believe since this thread is talking about JC's new releases, the criticisms have been amplified, and those who are ok with JC's mould will just buy it anyway. indeed, from batch to batch manufacturers will mess up and will have QC issues, and no one is perfect.

You guys are getting rather extreme and Aviation400 has had a stinker of a year really. We all know the JC Wings 737-800 is poor.

The pair of 777s in this set look very good. I wouldn't judge the colour of the SQ blue from a single photo witha strong light source and reflective surface.

View attachment 24673
View attachment 24674
Perhaps, however these pictures seem to show a discrepancy in the nose region. The 773's cockpit windows look better positioned than the 772's. The nose on the 772 also seems too pointy. Although, it appears that there has been some improvement to the APU, but as you note photos can be deceiving.

a) ...... buy the recent Bolivian A330 from them? If you did - did you turn it over because it's completely missing the massive belly logo
b) The JC 777 is at least as good as the NG one (and better than the AV400) and it just is a case of picking the aspects you dislike the most when choosing between them
c) NG's printing isn't any better than JC Wings or Pandas or AV400s. Infact, at times NG has reproduced printing poorly like on the Virgin A350-1000 I reviewed

Plus if people are going to make criticism of moulds then they could at least add some evidence rather than making blanket statements.
@YesterAirlines my bad - and I perhaps will take the onus for the discussion going a bit out of hand.
- a) yes that missing BoA logo is crazy - but I decided to pick that one nonetheless, as compared to the PH version where it is totally off, the window line is (almost) correct but not really perfect as @quanng mentioned - and agreed, NG doesn't have a stellar, flawless track record rightly speaking. and neither am I stating that they are flawless or free of mistakes or even implying as much - and yes agree of course with @mike_charlie_lima that no one's above board. I'm only citing the magnitude or frequency or extent to which this happens, and the extent to which they end up messing the 'perception' or 'feel' of that model as a miniature.
- b) I haven't been able to get the time to put together the detailed analysis that I'd wanted to - replete with diagrams and overlays - but I will make it a point to do so hopefully very soon - so that I am able to justify why I made those points regarding the JC 777 - and especially with regard to the 772 - as the JC 773 is better definitely - and I agree with @Sithan400 in this regard.
- c) I have recently reconsidered purchasing Av400's stellar A350s (not only because of - seeming - subtle mould alterations?) - when in comparison, NG's printing on A350s with the same regs (the Sichuan ones, Azul, for example), are clearly superior. I can't get over that actually, and maybe I'm nitpicking, but Av400 seems to be faltering on 'crispness' or 'sharpness' - when compared to NG's (and I hope there's only back uphill from here for Av400).
- JC's mould/print mess-ups are a bit too much now and too in-your-face to be overlooked - and too frequent and glaringly so - The recent Martinair MD-11 (that I reluctantly bought - with its horrible nlg and cockpit printing), the Azul ATR (that I didn't though it's within my criteria), all the nlg mess-ups including the recent Thai 146 (didn't buy though I wanted to) and the AMX XA-APB (with winglets) - amongst a host of others - even when the mould is good or decent enough.
Cheers!

I'm not saying that I think JC are better than NG. I 100% agree in general that NG are making better models overall but I'm just saying that NG make plenty of mistakes too and just because NG make it it doesn't mean it is necessarily better than another brands. The 'NG have changed 400 scale' talk I find rather hyperbolic. Although they generally make great products so do most of the brands just perhaps less often.

Outside the moulds themselves when it comes to paint and print I see a lot less evidence that NG is superior to AV, Panda, JC or Gemini - even Phoenix at times.

I don't mean to sound angry about this by the way :) so sorry if I do!

- c) I have recently reconsidered purchasing Av400's stellar A350s (not only because of - seeming - subtle mould alterations?) - when in comparison, NG's printing on A350s with the same regs (the Sichuan ones, Azul, for example), are clearly superior. I can't get over that actually, and maybe I'm nitpicking, but Av400 seems to be faltering on 'crispness' or 'sharpness' - when compared to NG's (and I hope there's only back uphill from here for Av400).

It's been a little frustrating recently. I really like the AV400 brand but I agree with you. The changes AV have been making to existing moulds and some poor QC in recent times have made their models worse than they were before not better.

I agreed with Rich in this point. When I first unboxed it, I didn't notice and thought it would be placed somewhere high in the Model of the Year list. But when I put it on display in my cabinet whose floor is made out of glass, I am in complete shock! Such a large and standout detail is forgotten by NG is shocking - but not really! Also worth mentioning is the BoA window line is a bit higher than my liking. They also missed the registration on the VN 789 starboard wings (they had that on the 78X release but the font was a mess on that model) - which I think I would ask my friend to apply the decal reg for me. NG has their ups- and downs this year.
Also NG's Chosonminhang Tu-154B completely forgot the reg and title under the wings

The N5017V Boeing 777-300ER is now the Japan Airlines 777-300ER in One World livery JA732J, the oldest 77W in the world.IMG_4755.jpegIMG_1221.jpeg