How can I attach a new antenna?

Tropicalista

Hi all, I have buyed a a321 neo and unlikely i have seen that was ruined the last antenna so close to to the tail.
The seller say that he will send a new antenna, my question it's how can I attach it? Because it's so small and I don't want ruin the livery

Hi all, I have buyed a a321 neo and unlikely i have seen that was ruined the last antenna so close to to the tail.
The seller say that he will send a new antenna, my question it's how can I attach it? Because it's so small and I don't want ruin the livery
Small tweezers, white glue (I prefer super glue, but white is more forgiving) a toothpick to apply a dot of glue, and a lot of care and patience.
Pretty much what @Jazajia said. A dot of glue, tweezers, steady hands and a lot of patience.
Also make sure you have bright lights so you can see the hole to insert the antenna into.

And you might as well try a dry fit before you actually apply glue.. That way you would know if it is too loose or tight in the antenna hole... I do it to check if there is any glue residual left in the hole from the previous\original bond..

1:400 aircraft repairs can be quite tricky. I have failed many, many times at repairing 1:400 aircraft. I have found a method that seems to work. I use superglue that has a pointy edge, and get a very, very small dot and attach the part with tweezers. I haven’t repaired an antenna yet, but this seems to work. You have to be extremely careful not to smudge the paint, so that’s why you should use tweezers. I have to repair my Finnair A321’s horizontal stabilizer today, and it went well using the method. Same with a JSX E145 earlier this year. The smudging on the JSX E145 isn’t visible unless you zoom very closely, the Finnair A321 has a small smudge on the bottom of the fuselage.

Try this at your own risk!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 11
Thank you so much everybody for the tips, I'm waiting the antenna and I'm so much worry for the repair... I woul like also to try without the glue for see if it's fixed or not... Because I don't want ruin the decals :( it's a Wizz air and has a decal under :(

Thank you so much everybody for the tips, I'm waiting the antenna and I'm so much worry for the repair... I woul like also to try without the glue for see if it's fixed or not... Because I don't want ruin the decals :( it's a Wizz air and has a decal under :(
You'll need some sort of glue or it will fall out again.