Highlights of 2022

Yeah, hopefully they space out the in-demand releases as mercy for our bank accounts. Must-haves for me are the KAL 748 and CX lettuce sandwich 743. I'll probably get two copies of each for redundancy lol. That's 240 bucks right there... 🤑
For me, the most important would be the classic 70s QF 742 and then both the standard 90s and Nalanji 743s. Then all of the CX Lettuce sandwich 747s, and a BA Landor 742.

Yeah, hopefully they space out the in-demand releases as mercy for our bank accounts. Must-haves for me are the KAL 748 and CX lettuce sandwich 743. I'll probably get two copies of each for redundancy lol. That's 240 bucks right there... 🤑
Agreed. Really need HL7644 from NG! The last ever PAX 747 deserves an NG level representation.

My list of acquisitions this year:

- I started off January with a six model haul. One major highlight was an Egypt Air Boeing 707, of which I lost the original copy I had as a kid many years ago. Thankfully PandaFox Toys had a bunch still left on clearance so I figured why not? Also in this were various releases I saw that interested me, the Amerijet Boeing 767-300F being another highlight. This would be my sixth model from the March 2021 releases, of which I have both CRJs, Kalitta 727, Southwest 737 Retro, and the Frontier A321 already.

- February’s only highlight was the American Eagle Embraer 175 I had preordered after the Christmas holiday. This would be my only new acquisition for the month.

- March was a big month. I made a trip to Minneapolis and bought a handful of models from DGPilot and another local hobby shop. Some highlights included the Northwest Boeing 757-200, United Boeing 737 MAX 8, United Boeing 737-900ER, and United Boeing 757-200. Unfortunately, the aforementioned 737-900, along with an American 757-200 Jet Flagship, and Continental Retro 737-900 were broken (I bought the Continental as a Scratch and Dent). I also picked up my first 1:200 model, a Delta Connection CRJ-900. My first Retro FSD model of the year arrived at the end of the month, that being the Northwest DC-9-50.

- April’s major highlight was the North Central DC-9-50 I snatched off a Waffle collection sale for a little more than what I desired. However, with this being the only good opportunity I have seen since I got this, I figure that it was worth it. A nice Easter haul arrived shortly after, as I got my first Breeze model in the Breeze Embraer 195.

- In May, I completed my search for the current American Eagle aircraft as my American Eagle CRJ-700 arrived. Also, my Southwest Boeing 737-700 Missouri One arrived, which was ordered alongside the American 737-800 I ordered a while back, but Waffle was kind enough to ship the American separately and then get Missouri One to me later. Very pleased with his effort in that situation.

- June marked a turning point for the collection, as I picked up a whopping 26 models at the Airliners International 2022 convention in Chicago. There’s a lot of highlights from that haul, but I’ll pick out the best. Northwest Orient Boeing 377, jetBlue Airbus A320 High Rise, Delta Boeing 767-200 “Farnborough ‘82”.

- July marked a quiet period as my wallet needed some time to recover after the blowout from Airliners. A United Express BAe 146 and Delta Connection/Comair CRJ-100 were the only arrivals this month.

- August had a small handful of models, one highlight being the Northwest Airlink/Pinnacle CRJ-200 I found on eBay. I also had a three model haul of which the TWA Lockheed L-1011 Tristar was the major highlight from it.

- I ordered a pair of September releases which arrived at the tail end of the month. Both the Allegiant Airbus A319 and Mesa CRJ-900 were in great shape.

- October had a nice retro pair arrive in the Braniff L-188 Electra and Frontier Convair 580.

And that’s where we stand. I have acquired 62 new models this year so far.

My list of acquisitions this year:

- I started off January with a six model haul. One major highlight was an Egypt Air Boeing 707, of which I lost the original copy I had as a kid many years ago. Thankfully PandaFox Toys had a bunch still left on clearance so I figured why not? Also in this were various releases I saw that interested me, the Amerijet Boeing 767-300F being another highlight. This would be my sixth model from the March 2021 releases, of which I have both CRJs, Kalitta 727, Southwest 737 Retro, and the Frontier A321 already.

- February’s only highlight was the American Eagle Embraer 175 I had preordered after the Christmas holiday. This would be my only new acquisition for the month.

- March was a big month. I made a trip to Minneapolis and bought a handful of models from DGPilot and another local hobby shop. Some highlights included the Northwest Boeing 757-200, United Boeing 737 MAX 8, United Boeing 737-900ER, and United Boeing 757-200. Unfortunately, the aforementioned 737-900, along with an American 757-200 Jet Flagship, and Continental Retro 737-900 were broken (I bought the Continental as a Scratch and Dent). I also picked up my first 1:200 model, a Delta Connection CRJ-900. My first Retro FSD model of the year arrived at the end of the month, that being the Northwest DC-9-50.

- April’s major highlight was the North Central DC-9-50 I snatched off a Waffle collection sale for a little more than what I desired. However, with this being the only good opportunity I have seen since I got this, I figure that it was worth it. A nice Easter haul arrived shortly after, as I got my first Breeze model in the Breeze Embraer 195.

- In May, I completed my search for the current American Eagle aircraft as my American Eagle CRJ-700 arrived. Also, my Southwest Boeing 737-700 Missouri One arrived, which was ordered alongside the American 737-800 I ordered a while back, but Waffle was kind enough to ship the American separately and then get Missouri One to me later. Very pleased with his effort in that situation.

- June marked a turning point for the collection, as I picked up a whopping 26 models at the Airliners International 2022 convention in Chicago. There’s a lot of highlights from that haul, but I’ll pick out the best. Northwest Orient Boeing 377, jetBlue Airbus A320 High Rise, Delta Boeing 767-200 “Farnborough ‘82”.

- July marked a quiet period as my wallet needed some time to recover after the blowout from Airliners. A United Express BAe 146 and Delta Connection/Comair CRJ-100 were the only arrivals this month.

- August had a small handful of models, one highlight being the Northwest Airlink/Pinnacle CRJ-200 I found on eBay. I also had a three model haul of which the TWA Lockheed L-1011 Tristar was the major highlight from it.

- I ordered a pair of September releases which arrived at the tail end of the month. Both the Allegiant Airbus A319 and Mesa CRJ-900 were in great shape.

- October had a nice retro pair arrive in the Braniff L-188 Electra and Frontier Convair 580.

And that’s where we stand. I have acquired 62 new models this year so far.
Wow, 62 so far this year? You've got me beat.

Yep. Bulk of it was from the Airliners convention, of which I highly recommend attending (or even a local convention if you have them in or near Indianapolis).
Yes, I may have to do that. I checked, and I've purchased 49 models so far this year. Really surprised me.

That's what I got told I had to do this year! :ROFLMAO: Been keeping some money aside for 2023, hopefully, we will see NG put out some Qantas 737s. I would be beyond bankrupt if they did! :ROFLMAO:
Yep, I'm working on putting some cash back for 2023 also..but I've got to get through this year first...LOL

98 so far this year mainly British Airways, but some other retro models such as the NG Delta L1011, and some United Battleship 772, and 744s, as well as the NG Finnair A350 and the GJ Alaska Max 9 West Coast Wonders

So farr this year i have bought about 15 models the majority of them are rare BB400/AC 747 i will try to share some photos of them soon (and no i ain't one of those crazy high bidders i never go over 120 dollars for most models except some really wanted models)