Herpa 1:200 British Airways Negus Boeing 234 Chinook

Aviation18

British Airways Chinook.jpg
Recently we had the release of a very unique aircraft from Herpa in 1:200 scale.
British Airways Helicopters used 6 Chinooks from 1981 to 1986 and had them based up in Scotland at both Aberdeen airport and Sumburgh airport, to take oil rig workers out to oil rigs in the North Sea.
We don't seem to get many rotor/helicopter models in 1:200 scale so hopefully this is the start of what could be a new line of 1:200 helicopters like Chinooks, Super Stallions, Merlins, S91's... and so fourth
What do you guys think of this new model from Herpa?

Welcome aboard! Wow that looks like a really nice model - exactly the sort of thing that will tempt me over to the dark side! I might look it up now and see if it's still available

[EDIT] Looks like I missed out on it as I can't see any for sale anymore. Probably just as well!!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Wow that looks like a really nice model - exactly the sort of thing that will tempt me over to the dark side! I might look it up now and see if it's still available
Thank you! Glad to be here,
As much as I love 1:400, you just can't beat some of the unique smaller aircraft that are being released by 1:200 companies.
It definitely is tempting haha

Definitely a unique choice by Herpa here. Would be nice to see some of this over in 400 scale, but Shapeways is our next best thing.

Welcome onboard, Aviation18! We’re glad you’re here! I have always thought Herpa is 1:200 has been underrated, and this is a prime example of such! Fantastic aircraft right here, love this one!

Welcome Aviation18! Had no idea that model came out but gotta admit it's really cool! How big is it in 1/200?
Thank you so much! And it’s about 10-15cm long so similar in fuselage size to a dash 8 200. It’s always weird comparing the size of aircraft like this to others that no one’s usually used to seeing next to each other so it can be tough to judge.

View attachment 581
Recently we had the release of a very unique aircraft from Herpa in 1:200 scale.
British Airways Helicopters used 6 Chinooks from 1981 to 1986 and had them based up in Scotland at both Aberdeen airport and Sumburgh airport, to take oil rig workers out to oil rigs in the North Sea.
We don't seem to get many rotor/helicopter models in 1:200 scale so hopefully this is the start of what could be a new line of 1:200 helicopters like Chinooks, Super Stallions, Merlins, S91's... and so fourth
Welcome to MAF! Yeah, this model looks super awesome! Have they made any version for the US military? If so I might be interested. If not, I'm sure they are in the pipeline.

View attachment 581
Quite the interesting model, nice detailing