Gemini Jets April 2023 Announcements

Indeed, the AN-225 has affected the release size. There was a lot of demand for that model, and my guess is they produced way more than a typical release, and likely having a set budget per release, they had to shrink down the release set to accommodate that.

Edit: Limited space in the shipping containers is the culprit. However, I still think costs played a small role in affecting the release size.

I'm still curious what the "normal" production numbers are for a typical release. For Aeroclassics, Gemini, and NG. I've not been able to find the answers so far.

I'm still curious what the "normal" production numbers are for a typical release. For Aeroclassics, Gemini, and NG. I've not been able to find the answers so far.
IIRC AK has stated that AC’s production numbers are anywhere between 120 to 250 pieces. The March Aeroclassics thread on DA.C has more.

GJ’s productions are usually influenced by airline corporate orders, but I imagine they’re fairly consistent. My guess would be around 250-500. NG may be influenced by public demand so it probably fluctuates greatly.

To be honest, I don't like this release set given the fact that there is a small quantity of models that are from this release. My only good thing about this release set is the Antonov AN-225 and the Avelo 737-800.
The 1:400 sector is kinda trash in my opinion 👎

But on the more specific note, they made April a small set because of the size and volume of the AN-225. I like on how GeminiJets noted this to many of the collectors, which I think they did a decent job explaining it.

I hope May's release set is gonna be better than April's 🙏

GJ’s productions are usually influenced by airline corporate orders, but I imagine they’re fairly consistent. My guess would be around 250-500. NG may be influenced by public demand so it probably fluctuates greatly.
I was thinking generally less than 500 pieces. Good to know, thank you.

In the 1/400 scale, GJ is usually 1200-2400 or atleast that was the case back in the days. Phoenix used to be 600. Aeroclassics 80-240. JC can be 100-500. NG likely to be around 250-750.

In the 1/400 scale, GJ is usually 1200-2400 or atleast that was the case back in the days. Phoenix used to be 600. Aeroclassics 80-240. JC can be 100-500. NG likely to be around 250-750.
Releases were no more than 2,500 back in the day per DiMA. They’ve since reduced the batches to no more than a fourth of that figure.