Gee, Fantasy!

Jazajia

The story goes that one time in the early nineties Boeing was running into some delays to deliver some 747-436s to BA. With mounting pressure from shareholders and the loss of profit, one early morning Lord King had had it and took a Concorde straight to Everett! (fuel stop t JFK) It was still midnight on the U.S. West Coast when Boeing got word that King was en-route, so they quickly grabbed a NTU -4XX with GE engines they had handy and did the best they could to apply the BA livery on it in time for King's arrival. Turns out Lord King liked the livery so much that he requested that a 747-436 that was a Sea-Tac and another Concorde that was doing a charter in the area, dropped by for a photoshoot. (If you are going to fantasize, go all the way).

Said aircraft received the reg. G-FTSY "Gee-Fantasy!"

On a JC Wings blank mold.

Nosewheel does not touch the ground. Look at the shadow and you will see the cardboard was raised to contact the NLG:

DSC_2086.jpg

Too low cockpit windows:

DSC_2087 2.jpgDSC_2088.jpgDSC_2089.jpgDSC_2090.jpg

With regular Landor 747-400. Look at the properly printed cockpit windows on it by, of all people, GeminiJets.

DSC_2092.jpg

And with Concorde, the aircraft that did wear this version of the livery in real life.

DSC_2095.jpg

hahaha that's really awesome. Interesting fantasy bird.
I know Qantas have once operated a BA B747-400 in full BA colors and World Images tail, with "QANTAS" titles replacing the BA titles.

I guess this would be the result if BA operated the Qantas 747! And QF did have a few frames with GE engines back in the 1990s!

I know Qantas have once operated a BA B747-400 in full BA colors and World Images tail, with "QANTAS" titles replacing the BA titles.

I guess this would be the result if BA operated the Qantas 747! And QF did have a few frames with GE engines back in the 1990s!
Yep! QF operated a few leased 747s in interesting hybrid liveries. Although, I think it would have been much more fitting if Qantas leased a BA 747 with an Australian tail instead!

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpeg
    IMG_0996.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0994.jpeg
    IMG_0994.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0993.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0992.jpeg
    IMG_0992.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 21
The story goes that one time in the early nineties Boeing was running into some delays to deliver some 747-436s to BA. With mounting pressure from shareholders and the loss of profit, one early morning Lord King had had it and took a Concorde straight to Everett! (fuel stop t JFK) It was still midnight on the U.S. West Coast when Boeing got word that King was en-route, so they quickly grabbed a NTU -4XX with GE engines they had handy and did the best they could to apply the BA livery on it in time for King's arrival. Turns out Lord King liked the livery so much that he requested that a 747-436 that was a Sea-Tac and another Concorde that was doing a charter in the area, dropped by for a photoshoot. (If you are going to fantasize, go all the way).

Said aircraft received the reg. G-FTSY "Gee-Fantasy!"

On a JC Wings blank mold.

Nosewheel does not touch the ground. Look at the shadow and you will see the cardboard was raised to contact the NLG:

View attachment 15749

Too low cockpit windows:

View attachment 15751View attachment 15752View attachment 15753View attachment 15754

With regular Landor 747-400. Look at the properly printed cockpit windows on it by, of all people, GeminiJets.

View attachment 15755

And with Concorde, the aircraft that did wear this version of the livery in real life.

View attachment 15756
Excellent work on the custom, although it is a bit odd to see a 747 in the Concorde’s modified Landor scheme. 👍

Thanks Leo! You know, I'm actually surprised we didn't get to see a similar variation of the BA Landor on aircraft other than Concorde. I am sure I'm not the first one to do something like this with a model, but also could not find pictures of other examples online.

Excellent work on the custom, although it is a bit odd to see a 747 in the Concorde’s modified Landor scheme. 👍

Thanks, Oscar, definitely not standard. It felt like the right fantasy model to do though.

I'd also like to know if there is a photo of this aircraft in real life. cause i don't know what to google to find a photo of G-FTSY in these colors.

I myself absolutely love fantasy retro livery's. Lets hope that NG will make some like a Qantas 70s livery, ANZ 70s livery, BA Landor livery
IDK why i love ANZ and Qantas livery so much, never flew on those airlines.

How did you make the decals?
were they printed or ordered from a store?
Home made. I have a 1/144 decal sheet for a BA 742 Landor c/s. Did a high resolution scan and then made the required adjustments. The fantasy reg. I just typed using Arial, and the Royal Mail logo I borrowed from Google.

Bruh, the story sounded convincing, i read most of the story. and din't read the "(if your going to fantasize, all the way"). Because in my eyes it was a real story.

Bruh, the story sounded convincing, i read most of the story. and din't read the "(if your going to fantasize, all the way"). Because in my eyes it was a real story.
It's cool dude. I thought the reg was also a dead giveaway (FTSY). But yeah, the aircraft didn't exist, I just thought I'd make up a story to justify its creation. Maybe I can recycle it at some point for an April's Fool joke :D

It's cool dude. I thought the reg was also a dead giveaway (FTSY). But yeah, the aircraft didn't exist, I just thought I'd make up a story to justify its creation. Maybe I can recycle it at some point for an April's Fool joke :D
I thought G-FTSY was the registration given to the custom model, and that the real registration was something else.