Far Eastern Classics: Il-62 'Basics'

YesterAirlines

Yesterday I received a box of wonderful custom models from a good friend who has created his own brand @DTcustoms . His speciality is modifying the Aeroflot scheme to make customs of airlines that used the base SU livery.

Today I get straight into looking at the most historic of them, which is this unusual Il-62 wearing 'Dalnevotochnyi' titles. The original non-M 62s remained important parts of the Aeroflot fleet even as they were relegated to domestic routes in the 1970s. This special 'First Class' service illustrates that.

Also note this is an Il-62 not an Il-62M! Checkout the 3D printed NK-8-4 engines on this one to make an accurate 62 'basic'

CCCP86649_B.jpg

So, your here permanently? or are you just gonna duplicate posts on both MAF and DA.C, as you've seen to done with this post (btw i am "thiscooldude123" on DA.C)

Awesome model and great story, thanks for sharing! These old Soviet birds always have some interesting backgrounds.

So, your here permanently? or are you just gonna duplicate posts on both MAF and DA.C, as you've seen to done with this post (btw i am "thiscooldude123" on DA.C)
That's some signature!

Is duplicating posts a problem? This model was made by a friend and I want to give it the maximum exposure for him.

At this point I don't post everything I do at DAC and my status here hasn't changed. I'll post when I feel like it I guess.

That's some signature!

Is duplicating posts a problem? This model was made by a friend and I want to give it the maximum exposure for him.

At this point I don't post everything I do at DAC and my status here hasn't changed. I'll post when I feel like it I guess.
No, i was just asking a question. also wdym by "That's some signature" ?

Yesterday I received a box of wonderful custom models from a good friend who has created his own brand @DTcustoms . His speciality is modifying the Aeroflot scheme to make customs of airlines that used the base SU livery.

Today I get straight into looking at the most historic of them, which is this unusual Il-62 wearing 'Dalnevotochnyi' titles. The original non-M 62s remained important parts of the Aeroflot fleet even as they were relegated to domestic routes in the 1970s. This special 'First Class' service illustrates that.

Also note this is an Il-62 not an Il-62M! Checkout the 3D printed NK-8-4 engines on this one to make an accurate 62 'basic'

View attachment 15091
Those customs are on another level! The 3D-printed engines look great, and the colour blends in very well. While I disagree with the current situation in Russia, the old-time IL-62s and Tu-134s are favourites of mine.