Did NG ever plan to release the 747 MOULD or is that rumours

What better time than 2023 to launch a new classic 747 tooling, and all the other variants too. The year of the final 747 delivery is almost upon us, with the last 747-8 now constructed and heading to completion. As this is a significant event in the timeline of the aircraft, I'd suggest side by side releases of the first prototype 747-100 in Boeing house livery with customer logos and the final 747-8F in Atlas Air colours (plus any alleged special livery detail).

Attachments

• 747-first-flight-takeoff-c-boeing_75956.jpg
    747-first-flight-takeoff-c-boeing_75956.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Atlas-Air-Boeing-747-8F-for-web.jpg
    Atlas-Air-Boeing-747-8F-for-web.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 3
What better time than 2023 to launch a new classic 747 tooling, and all the other variants too. The year of the final 747 delivery is almost upon us, with the last 747-8 now constructed and heading to completion. As this is a significant event in the timeline of the aircraft, I'd suggest side by side releases of the first prototype 747-100 in Boeing house livery with customer logos and the final 747-8F in Atlas Air colours (plus any alleged special livery detail).
I agree completely… If this could be released as a double-set I would be one of the many to buy them both!

I am sure all collectors will be happy to receive the 747s in the orange boxes. But the issue is that they do not use that 747 mould much. I hope to see a Air India 747 200 release from them, dosent matter if it comes in an orange box.
I do not care what box my models come in either... I just want the model to be good!

Would be nice if they released the last pax 747 as well. I would also have suggested the first one (Pan Am Clipper Victor) had it not suffered such a horrific fate.

They have said that they were working on one, but have been saying the same thing for quite a few years now. Back in late 2021/early 2022 we got this picture:

View attachment 8298

IIRC this was a leak, and considering that the rest of the moulds pictured here have been made, I'd imagine that it is legit. Obviously, this shows the 747-8i and 747-8F, which were not what many people were hoping for. Multiple people, including myself, have emailed NG asking for more information and they usually provide the vague answer of 'coming in 2023' or they just do not respond. Ultimately, I think we will see them make a 747 at one point, but goodness knows when that will happen. :D

That's what I was thinking, I remember when they unveiled the 747-8 moulds. If they are starting to use the mould in releases in 2023, I hope their -8F's aren't like the Interactive Series mould that GeminiJets and JC Wings have begun to overly use. As I would rather have a solid model and not one that does look very realistic in dioramas, but also comes with small pieces that as far as I know, are plastic and not diecast metal.

That's what I was thinking, I remember when they unveiled the 747-8 moulds. If they are starting to use the mould in releases in 2023, I hope their -8F's aren't like the Interactive Series mould that GeminiJets and JC Wings have begun to overly use. As I would rather have a solid model and not one that does look very realistic in dioramas, but also comes with small pieces that as far as I know, are plastic and not diecast metal.
Fortunately, NG doesn't do interactives.

Last edited:
Would be nice if they released the last pax 747 as well. I would also have suggested the first one (Pan Am Clipper Victor) had it not suffered such a horrific fate.
HL7644 of Korean. And didn't Dragon Wings release Clipper Victor ?