Did NG ever plan to release the 747 MOULD or is that rumours

DiamondCollector

I’ve heard going around a lot about NG 747 mould are those just rumours or was it leaked or announced by NG themselves, now I hope this is true because I need a lot of 747 in my collection

They have said that they were working on one, but have been saying the same thing for quite a few years now. Back in late 2021/early 2022 we got this picture:

1671313896069.png

IIRC this was a leak, and considering that the rest of the moulds pictured here have been made, I'd imagine that it is legit. Obviously, this shows the 747-8i and 747-8F, which were not what many people were hoping for. Multiple people, including myself, have emailed NG asking for more information and they usually provide the vague answer of 'coming in 2023' or they just do not respond. Ultimately, I think we will see them make a 747 at one point, but goodness knows when that will happen. :D

NG says all versions of the 747 is coming in 2023. They wouldn't tell which month. So we will have to keep waiting.Av400 also had a 747 mould. Do they still have it or plan to use it.

NG says all versions of the 747 is coming in 2023. They wouldn't tell which month. So we will have to keep waiting.Av400 also had a 747 mould. Do they still have it or plan to use it.
No, they don't. The old AV400 had one, and it was perhaps the best we have, even now. But it got lost to history, AFAIK it might be owned by JC now, but I'm not sure. Sadly, I doubt it will ever see the light of day again...

Last edited:
Okk thanks I didn't know that. I hope JC starts using the 747 mould more. There is so many models to make and so many collectors waiting for it. I think JC is just waiting for NG 747s to come and they can start flooding the market with every possible 747 as they did with the A380s before AV400s A380 came to the market.

Okk thanks I didn't know that. I hope JC starts using the 747 mould more. There is so many models to make and so many collectors waiting for it. I think JC is just waiting for NG 747s to come and they can start flooding the market with every possible 747 as they did with the A380s before AV400s A380 came to the market.
The problem with JC is that they are tied to GJ, with severely limits the range of models they can make... We cannot see them making most of the 747s that NG would simply because GJ wouldn't allow it. And also I think that the BB400 and AV400 747 moulds are not wholly owned by JC, but no one knows for sure.

NG's 747SP box has a ton of extra space that was clearly designed with the longer classics in mind. Richard and NG themselves have also confirmed they're coming, so it's really just a question of when. I just wish NG would hurry up and drop the -8 first, they've been sitting on the finished mould for a year now. I guess they don't want to get bombarded with messages from angry classics collectors 😛.
20220820_121812.jpg

Last edited:
NG's 747SP box has a ton of extra space that was clearly designed with the longer classics in mind. Richard and NG themselves have also confirmed they're coming, so it's really just a question of when. I just wish NG would hurry up and drop the -8 first, they've been sitting on the finished mould for a year now. I guess they don't want to get bombarded with messages from angry classics collectors 😛.
View attachment 8302
I'd definitely like to see the 747 classics done.

I have contacted NG last month about when or if will see the 747 mould come out there answer was very vague
They just said they will come out somewhere in 2023, i think it means we will see 747-100/200 + 747-8
This is exactly what they are saying to everyone. My guess is that when the 747SP was releases there were some criticism of the under belly. Now NG wants to take time and make good mould as the 747 is special to everyone and they want to bring out the best as compared to the BigBird mould.

This is exactly what they are saying to everyone. My guess is that when the 747SP was releases there were some criticism of the under belly. Now NG wants to take time and make good mould as the 747 is special to everyone and they want to bring out the best as compared to the BigBird mould.
Fair point. The SP lacks some moulded-in details that are present in NG's newer moulds (ex. 777), like the underbelly inlets. I recall there was also some criticism regarding the nose. Hopefully the delays are because those features will be properly incorporated into the -8 and classics.

Probably they'll make some tweaks to the SP mould as well? NG is well regarded for doing so and listening to the collectorate. Hopefully it'll be a 747 family bonanza whenever they make the announcement. Until then, need to save up lol.

Also I do not believe JCs version that they cannot release more 747 classics due to their agreement with GJ. I was told that the Air India brand was controlled by GJ but in recent times all the Air India releases has been JC releases (Air India 747 300). Same goes with British Airways as JC has released BA 767 both in 400 and 200 scale. So this is a confusion created by JC dilebrately.

Probably they'll make some tweaks to the SP mould as well? NG is well regarded for doing so and listening to the collectorate. Hopefully it'll be a 747 family bonanza whenever they make the announcement. Until then, need to save up lol.
They are making it for sure. Depends when are they releasing it. Also NG nowadays is very secretive.

They are making it for sure. Depends when are they releasing it. Also NG nowadays is very secretive.
I'm guessing the secrecy is an outcome of recent incidents. There was a fall-out they had with Panda I recall Richard @YesterAirlines writing about - during the almost simultaneous release of their respective Tu-204s - as well as the recent 'shelf-hogging' courtesy JC and PH after Av400 announced their A380s. Same with ACs flawed Tu-154s and the flood we've been seeing recently of that mould. I guess the best way is how NG's strategy has been recently - announce the mould and release within a month or so to avoid this undercutting by existing manufacturer moulds.

Also I do not believe JCs version that they cannot release more 747 classics due to their agreement with GJ. I was told that the Air India brand was controlled by GJ but in recent times all the Air India releases has been JC releases (Air India 747 300). Same goes with British Airways as JC has released BA 767 both in 400 and 200 scale. So this is a confusion created by JC dilebrately.
JC releases models that breach their agreement/licensing in orange boxes. That's how they have been able to release models that Gemini has a license too, such as Lufthansa, Qantas, BA, etc, etc...

I am sure all collectors will be happy to receive the 747s in the orange boxes. But the issue is that they do not use that 747 mould much. I hope to see a Air India 747 200 release from them, dosent matter if it comes in an orange box.

I am sure all collectors will be happy to receive the 747s in the orange boxes. But the issue is that they do not use that 747 mould much. I hope to see a Air India 747 200 release from them, dosent matter if it comes in an orange box.
Best-case scenario is that NG hurries up with their 747s. JC's 747 mould isn't perfect (even their 744), and that's before we take into consideration their constant printing issues.