DC10 new releases?

ncostasilva

Hello Everyone!!!
What happened with the DC10s / MD11s?
Such of nice trijets have been left behind by the 1:400 manufacturers.
When NG released the tristar I got excited, but until now no sign of them! Does anyone know about it? Who else is waiting for the DC10s mould by NG models?

Aeroclassics has the best 1:400 DC-10 mould by far, and still uses it pretty regularly. I have lots of their DC-10's. There's no need for NG to do a DC-10.

NG's TriStar moulds are the first outstanding 1:400 moulds for the type. NG used their TriStar moulds more heavily in the first year or two. Now, NG mostly makes high-volume modern twins big and small. They should get back to using the L-1011 (and their 747SP!) more regularly.

There are several liveries that still need to be made: JAT Airways 1990s livery, JAT YU-AMC, JAT Finnair hybrid, LAP, Kras Air

Phoenix has actually just announced a new MD-11 for release, why I personally prefer the GeminiJets/JC wings mould, others actually prefer Phoenix's so there's that haha.

As for DC-10s you'll really be looking at Aeroclassics for those, and those are great except for the lack of aerials

Yeah, I agree, from what I can tell, the last time GJ used their DC-10 mould was 2008 for a Northwest example, and the last time they made a passenger MD-11 was in 2014. So yes, we need to see those moulds getting more use

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, there is quite a number they still haven't made. I would love to see an Air New Zealand DC-10 from them some time, goodness knows if that will ever happen though.

Aeroclassics has made the NZ DC-10. There's no point in Gemini making DC-10s, on what is an inferior mould, that Aeroclassics have made on their excellent one.

NZ_DC10_01.JPG

Aeroclassics has made the NZ DC-10. There's no point in Gemini making DC-10s, on what is an inferior mould, that Aeroclassics have made on their excellent one
Indeed AC's DC-10 is excellent but people who get into the hobby late are quite worse off as AC rarely has the incentive to re-release something. I took a break from buying models back in 2019-2020 and I missed the Zambia Airways which is a shame, my fault obviously. But the older releases like the JAT, Delta, Zaire...they are still heavily demanded.

Reactions: PRM
Oh yes agreed completely DT. However, the Viasa example I posted above has never actually been made by Aeroclassics..... their release in these colours was produced on the Gemini Jets mould despite being sold as an Aeroclassics model within a 'LatinClassics' box..... so extra reason for a release done on the best DC-10 mould out there! :)

I also agree with what @DTcustoms said. I have not been in the hobby long enough to have bought the NZ DC-10 at release, and I have not seen one going around eBay yet. And even then, I would expect it would fetch a fairly high price point, probably out of my range.