DC10 new releases?

I also agree with what @DTcustoms said. I have not been in the hobby long enough to have bought the NZ DC-10 at release, and I have not seen one going around eBay yet. And even then, I would expect it would fetch a fairly high price point, probably out of my range.

I sympathise with this but if the idea is to re-release everything that is hard to find then that is basically the entire production run of 400 scale, which isn't very realistic. Certainly the answer isn't to bring back inferior old moulds like the Gemini DC-10 for new releases.

I sympathise with this but if the idea is to re-release everything that is hard to find then that is basically the entire production run of 400 scale, which isn't very realistic. Certainly the answer isn't to bring back inferior old moulds like the Gemini DC-10 for new releases.
You make valid points, I will just keep my eyes out for existing ones. Thanks

I'd love to scheme Aeroclassics make this Viasa DC-10 scheme on their excellent mould View attachment 2364

There was a late DC-10 in Viasa's history that came from Iberia as YV-139C to replace YV-135C after it was written off at EZE. YV-139C had a variation of that livery with a grey belly (like their A300s and 727s) instead of bare metal like the rest of their DC-10s. I think this is a perfect excuse to release another Viasa DC-10 in the sought-after three shades of blue livery without actually re-releasing anything. It would be cool since it would also be replacing YV-135C in 1:400 scale 🙂

0252945.jpg

I personally think the GJ DC-10 mold is very good, and not that inferior to AC's. I just assumed that it didn't exist anymore, but if JC could fit a new LG, aerials, paint the inside of engine #2 black, and apply new printing details, as they have done with the 767-300, it would be a killer mold IMHO.

I personally would like to see someone make a Laker Airways DC-10, it's just something about the cheatlines and titles that make it look really good.

1666477590044.png

Aeroclassics produced the ANZ DC-10 twice, once in 2009 (ZK-NZM) and more recently in 2018 (ZK-NZR). I have both in my collection. Out of the 2, I prefer the 1st release of 2009 because it features electroplated wings and h-stabs in addition to the belly, which is a nice touch. Many of the early AC DC-10 releases were fully electroplated like this. The 2018 version has these parts sprayed silver instead. One other detail is the 'Air New Zealand' titles, I believe these should be black, not blue. Still great models though, and they make the best DC-10 currently available in 1:400.

https://database.diecastmodelaircraft.com/model/20701
https://database.diecastmodelaircraft.com/model/77253

If it was the original Jet-X, under the helm of Brian Wiklem & Vince Malta, it would be on the Dragon Wings mould, which is quite good
It was a 2004 release, so that would be? I'm not sure, I'm by no means an expert on the history of 1:400 scale.