Budget Oryx: Qatar Airways Early Years

YesterAirlines

Anyone watching my release ranking vids knows I'm not a fan of Qatar Airways but there's no denying how the ME3 have transformed air travel and Qatar has an interesting past. Originally formed as a very different airline to the one it has become I recently acquired this delightful AV400 model, which uses what is probably the best 747-100/200 in 400 scale. It's acquisition has allowed me to take a closer look at Qatar Airways early years:

QATAR_B741_14.JPG

Anyone watching my release ranking vids knows I'm not a fan of Qatar Airways

why is that? I'm aware that QR is currently being overrated by NG and tons of these releases are quite repetitive, but this is not the airline's fault...

back on topic: as always, a great reading. Quite odd to see that Qatar got the short range 747 and planned to fly to the US using them.
BTW the AV400 model is indeed lovely but I always thought that the engines could look much better.

why is that? I'm aware that QR is currently being overrated by NG and tons of these releases are quite repetitive, but this is not the airline's fault...

back on topic: as always, a great reading. Quite odd to see that Qatar got the short range 747 and planned to fly to the US using them.
BTW the AV400 model is indeed lovely but I always thought that the engines could look much better.
No not the airline's fault that there has been so much repetition but it doesn't make me like it more ;) . It's also not the airline itself as of such - more that as with other ME flag carriers it is a tool of the state, a state whose policies and actions I'm often not a fan of, especially when it comes to sportswashing.

No not the airline's fault that there has been so much repetition but it doesn't make me like it more ;) . It's also not the airline itself as of such - more that as with other ME flag carriers it is a tool of the state, a state whose policies and actions I'm often not a fan of, especially when it comes to sportswashing.

Got it! 😁