British Airways Boeing 737-4Q8 G-BNNK Landor

YesterAirlines

I just received this lovely British Airways Landor 737-400 G-BNNK made by Panda Models. In the UK this appears to be sold only by ARD due to licensing issues although typically they haven't received their stock yet. I got this from Waffle and the standard release number, 52309, rather gives away that this doesn't look like it was originally meant to be an exclusive. BNNK is an interesting release as it was an ex-Dan Air aircraft, so LGW based, that went to GB Airways in 1995 rather than one of the more common G-DOCx series bought new by BA.

BA_B734_01.JPG

BA_B734_11.JPG

BA_B734_03.JPG

Lovely model.
Panda have a good 737-300/400 mould but their nose gear and nose gear doors bother me sometimes.
The nose gear is sometimes poorly positioned and the gear doors should be longer horizontally. And also, the gears should be a bit shorter, for less ground clearance.

Printing seems to be an issue aswell: sometimes Panda print the window line a bit too high. Doesn't seem to be the case here, but they did on the Varig releases.

Last edited:
Lovely model.
Panda have a good 737-300/400 mould but their nose gear and nose gear doors bother me sometimes.
The nose gear is sometimes poorly positioned and the gear doors should be longer horizontally. And also, the gears should be a bit shorter, for less ground clearance.

Printing seems to be an issue aswell: sometimes Panda print the window line a bit too high. Doesn't seem to be the case here, but they did on the Varig releases.
Same with me. That nose gear bothers me way too much when I look at them.

I absolutely love the BA Landor c/s. Interestingly, I grew up watching the livery stamped on 747s (in ads and, toys, and in the flesh). It really takes some effort for me to learn how to appreciate it when applied to, what I consider, uninspiring twin narrowbodies. To me, it was BA's gala/ambassador's suit, not something you'd wear to go for a stroll around the neighborhood 😅. Nice little model indeed though.

-------

If you notice, the T seems to come from the Utopia font. The W is definitely from the Landor font. I find the other letters too similar between the two fonts to be distinguishable on a 1:400 model.

I have noticed that weird mixed BA font on a number of Landor releases. The IF400 747s, the NG fantasy 77W, and now this one. Something similar to that AC erroneous PhiliPPines artwork that shows up every now and then?

Totally agree on the Hapag Lloyd, add Air Berlin.
But first they'd need to get their v.tails to a correct shape. I don't see me buying it this way.😐
Could you elaborate on the V. tail situation? I can tell that there is something off but I can't quite put my finger on it. Aside from that I personally think it's a lovely little mould.

After seeing the comparison pics in the post above (of the real BA B737-400 and the Panda model), I also have the feeling that the real one seems to look slightly longer than the Panda model, and maybe that's because the model need to have a thinner fuselage.

Here's a comparison I did in Photoshop. I think it looks better now. Feel free to disagree!

Panda734byLeo.jpg

To enhance it even more: in my opinion, the gear length should be reduced, the main gear wheels should be smaller and the nose gear doors should also be trimmed.

Last edited: