Votes: 20 74.1%
  • HYJL Wings (Old NG)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Phoenix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@MikyleTheAviator as far as I know HYJL never had an A330 mould. They did have their own A321 mould yes. A330s released on the renewed HYJL brand nowadays are on NG's moulds (like the recent Air Canada one)
BTW Richard has a great comparison done on all the moulds.
Your options don't have Panda's moulds - before the NG ones they were the best.
Also you don't have Phoenix as an option.
Phoenix's A330-300 is excellent too and they've been very prolific - if there's no Panda or NG option - they're the next best. Phoenix's A330-200 is less preferable with their messed up empennage - but I'd prefer that to anything JC.
Frankly JC/GJ is the worst one currently available.
Writing all this as an A330 aficionado - probably my fav widebody low-wing twin jet along with the A350 & A300. (my fav narrow twin is the B757)

We've had our fair share of horrible and good A330 moulds but what brand is superior to the others?
I wouldn't exactly same 'horrible'. Yes, there have always been some better and some worse A330s, but of the current active moulds, four of them are extremely good. Perhaps the old Herpa A330 could classify as 'horrible', but the rest are perfectly fine. If you are looking for an A330 in 2023, here is my ranking:

1. NG Models
  2. Panda
  3. Aeroclassics
  4. Phoenix
  5. JC Wings/Gemini 2
  6. Aviation400
  7. Gemini 1
  8. Dragon
  9. Herpa
Bear in mind that the first four are all extremely good, and have very little to differentiate between them.

Last edited:
@MikyleTheAviator as far as I know HYJL never had an A330 mould. They did have their own A321 mould yes. A330s released on the renewed HYJL brand nowadays are on NG's moulds (like the recent Air Canada one)
BTW Richard has a great comparison done on all the moulds.
Your options don't have Panda's moulds - before the NG ones they were the best.
Also you don't have Phoenix as an option.
Phoenix's A330-300 is excellent too and they've been very prolific - if there's no Panda or NG option - they're the next best. Phoenix's A330-200 is less preferable with their messed up empennage - but I'd prefer that to anything JC.
Frankly JC/GJ is the worst one currently available.
Writing all this as an A330 aficionado - probably my fav widebody low-wing twin jet along with the A350 & A300. (my fav narrow twin is the B757)
Very true, but HYJLs mould is the old NG mould.

Very true, but HYJLs mould is the old NG mould.
What do you mean by the ‘old NG mould’? As far as I know, NG have only ever had one A330 mould. I’m happy for someone to prove me wrong, but I can’t find any evidence that NG is currently using a different A330 mould to the one they used in 2019.

Last edited:
That's the case for the A321 I'm pretty sure. NG only ever had one version of the A330.
I second this. I don’t have one of the old NG/HYJL A321s on-hand, but they are different from the current A321 in multiple areas. The sharklets, engines and the nose shape are some visible areas of improvement on the new mould.

Older NG A330s had passenger windows printed at cockpit or above cockpit levels. On the A330, windows are below the cockpit NG has gladly fixed this issue now.
This isn't a mould issue and still does not mean there are two versions of the NG A330. Although I am very glad they fixed it, I do think the cockpit windows look a lot better for it.