AVOID demographer_y on eBay also know as firstclasscolletibles AT ALL COSTS! if planning to purchase models!

DiamondCollector

AVOID demographer_y on eBay also know as firstclasscolletibles if planning to purchase models!

basically what happened was I purchased a Model on his eBay page on December 06, the model was claimed to have “shipped” but when I clicked the tracking it said ORDER CANCELLED shown on the carrier orangeconnex website for no reason, I contact the seller, a week and half or so go by and no response ever from the seller or refund, and still saids order cancelled, now I have had a couple issues in the past with the person running both the eBay page and Firstclass due to lack of communication and receiving models with issues but this was probably the Last time I deal with them, the carrier also said they didn’t know the reason the order was cancelled, and claimed it never got processed and shipped out as shown on the site and tracking.

Now the outcome of this was
eBay guarantee covered me and already investigated concluding with eBay refunding me since seller is unresponsive, I won’t ever get the model sadly, bad customer service is always bad business and I’d choose to avoid if you had any plans on buying from him!

Attachments

• A5C2C6D6-7EE4-443A-B879-E1CBA9EE8292.jpeg
    A5C2C6D6-7EE4-443A-B879-E1CBA9EE8292.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 24
  • F0F6B11A-8779-4291-8200-3A1218E726DD.jpeg
    F0F6B11A-8779-4291-8200-3A1218E726DD.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 23
Interesting. I've been dealing with him regularly since he started First Class Collectables and before that with his eBay shop, with no problems whatsoever, the opposite in fact. Always consistently good service, with well packaged models at great prices, arriving in the UK a fairly consistent 10-14 days after ordering.

As I commented in detail in another thread on this, Benedict was always solid and reliable as far as shipping/goods received were concerned in my experience, and I used to use him regularly for my NG models, both originally on ebay as ‘demographer_x’ then later as First Class Collectibles. However, his communication has always been extremely poor and when I did have an issue with one order I had to push through the PayPal refund route to resolve it at my end.

Since around July 2022 he has no longer supplied NG releases and I got zero reply when I asked about this, so I dropped him - no longer has anything I want + piss-poor comms = zero cash going his way.

Sadly, the experience cited above further highlights how this seller cannot be relied upon, together with no communication it’s a downhill slide from here

As I commented in detail in another thread on this, Benedict was always solid and reliable as far as shipping/goods received were concerned in my experience, and I used to use him regularly for my NG models, both originally on ebay as ‘demographer_x’ then later as First Class Collectibles. However, his communication has always been extremely poor and when I did have an issue with one order I had to push through the PayPal refund route to resolve it at my end.

Since around July 2022 he has no longer supplied NG releases and I got zero reply when I asked about this, so I dropped him - no longer has anything I want + piss-poor comms = zero cash going his way.

Sadly, the experience cited above further highlights how this seller cannot be relied upon, together with no communication it’s a downhill slide from here
That's sad to hear, clearly something's gone amiss. Covid and difficulties with shipping from Hong Kong are no doubt causing him a bit of grief.

That's sad to hear, clearly something's gone amiss. Covid and difficulties with shipping from Hong Kong are no doubt causing him a bit of grief.
It is - the agro I had with an order was a one-off back at the beginning of 2020 before the pandemic hit. I continued using him until May this year without any problems, but then he suddenly stopped supplying NG Models and never replied to my email, so I threw in the towel. The lack of communication had been a consistent feature since before the pandemic. Reading this experience here is not encouraging either.

Definitely something is amiss, and you’re right, all the Covid restrictions will have stuffed things up in HK not to mention all the other crap that has gone down there in recent years, total lockdown on multiple fronts. His retail site is still live and operational however, and can process payments for overseas orders, so there really should be an update on there at least about any potential issues customers might be facing when ordering.

AVOID demographer_y on eBay also know as firstclasscolletibles if planning to purchase models!

basically what happened was I purchased a Model on his eBay page on December 06, the model was claimed to have “shipped” but when I clicked the tracking it said ORDER CANCELLED shown on the carrier orangeconnex website for no reason, I contact the seller, a week and half or so go by and no response ever from the seller or refund, and still saids order cancelled, now I have had a couple issues in the past with the person running both the eBay page and Firstclass due to lack of communication and receiving models with issues but this was probably the Last time I deal with them, the carrier also said they didn’t know the reason the order was cancelled, and claimed it never got processed and shipped out as shown on the site and tracking.

Now the outcome of this was
eBay guarantee covered me and already investigated concluding with eBay refunding me since seller is unresponsive, I won’t ever get the model sadly, bad customer service is always bad business and I’d choose to avoid if you had any plans on buying from him!
Glad to here this now, was going to get a Delta A321 from him