Aviation400 May 2024 Release

I'll pick up the CX A359 B-LRS, and the All Blacks ANZ 789. Excellent release set IMO. Hopefully a normal ANZ 787 and/or a Qantas 787 is not too far away too.

Great set, I'd get the CX 350s if it weren't for the crude mould. Next door should take notes!

Last edited:
I am getting one of the CX 350 because coincidentally it has the same rego as my name's initials ... lol you dont get that everyday.
otherwise the anz 787 all black has long been in my wishlist, and i have the 77w and 772 all blacks already so this one is a must have.
Delta's paint scheme for team usa is nice, so those will be in my collection as well.

Great set, I'd get the CX 350s if it weren't for the crude mould. Next door should take notes!
Crude? That's a bit harsh... It's still a nice mould, just some slightly oversized ariels. My only real gripe with it is the wing fairing joint; it just looks off to me.

But yes, this number of Cathays from NG would be nice.

Also, what is the verdict on AV400's A339 mould? I'm tempted by the Cebu release, but I'm not sure on the mould.

Crude? That's a bit harsh... It's still a nice mould, just some slightly oversized ariels. My only real gripe with it is the wing fairing joint; it just looks off to me.

But yes, this number of Cathays from NG would be nice.

Also, what is the verdict on AV400's A339 mould? I'm tempted by the Cebu release, but I'm not sure on the mould.
Right, but the gargantuan aerials totally throw off the proportions. Sharklet shape isn't brilliant either. I have an earlier CX 35K from them, and was less than impressed.

Opinion on AV's A339 seems to be generally negative, apparently there are some pretty big issues with the nose.

Right, but the gargantuan aerials totally throw off the proportions. Sharklet shape isn't brilliant either. I have an earlier CX 35K from them, and was less than impressed.
Considering the AV A350 is the 2nd best in the scale by some distance I think crude is a little harsh. If that one's crude then the others must be dreadful :LOL:
Opinion on AV's A339 seems to be generally negative, apparently there are some pretty big issues with the nose.

I think Av400 are modifying their A330neo so it may be the case that these ones will be different to the first round. I'd wait and see what the pictures are like when it arrives at retailers. I suspect these models won't be available until August or September anyway.

I think Av400 are modifying their A330neo so it may be the case that these ones will be different to the first round. I'd wait and see what the pictures are like when it arrives at retailers. I suspect these models won't be available until August or September anyway.
Right, thanks. I'll wait until some pictures come out. If not, the Gemini release is still available near me anyway.

Personally, the AV400 A350 isn't as 'crisp' or 'sharp' as the NG feels, but I still like it. Plus it's cheaper from where I buy, so I'll tend to go with the AV400 most of the time. Although, I buy Phoenix 747s so I really can't talk about accuracy haha 😅

Considering the AV A350 is the 2nd best in the scale by some distance I think crude is a little harsh. If that one's crude then the others must be dreadful :LOL:
I'm the dude with the second highest standards here, so my opinion probably doesn't apply for 99% of collectors 🤣. Let me rephrase: it's good, just a little rough around the edges.

Definitely getting the ANA and KLM B787s~

I would say their A350s are pretty good. But I agree the sharklets aren't that great. In a couple of cases, I received some where the sharklets don't look alike. Their landing gear isn't the greatest, either. But that's something throughout all their models

I just noticed they introduced their B787-8s and -10s. So these new model variants for AV400~

Last edited:
Nice release set! Going for the KLM 787-9. Missed out on the NG one so happy to see that one! Also might be going for some house liveries. Rip the wallet all in all.

Great set of releases. A bit harsh on the AV400 A350 I think. Sitting at my desk I can see my copy of the Virgin Atlantic A350-1000 they did and it was by far the best version of that airframe done in 1/400