Aviation400 May 2024 Release

While it's noteworthy for Av400 to make a 'new' mould to incorporate their magnetic gears - I hope we don't loose all the qualities that made the original Av400 mould so great - something that the revisions they made subsequently, began to erode at.

Also the pictures need to be on a neutral background imo - too much visual chatter.

Just received the KLM 787-9 of this batch. All in all a great model!

My only 2 points when compared to the NG 787-10 are:

1. The KLM logo on the tail is slanted and not very well centred. The ones that I checked all had the issue.
2. The engines on the 787-9 hang lower but also look different (kind of thicker) compared to the 787-10 from NG. Technically they should be the same dimensions (both are GEnx). It's hard to figure out which of the 2 is correct. I feel like the Aviation400 engines are better in overall shape but the engines on the NG 787-10 have the better ground clearance.

Also what I noticed when comparing the engines is that the exhaust of the engine on the NG 787-10 is gluded to the pylon and that is not correct. Maybe that creates something optical why I feel like the engines are different, I don't know haha.

Besides these small points, stunning details and finish, also no issues with the magnetic gears :)

Just received the KLM 787-9 of this batch. All in all a great model!

My only 2 points when compared to the NG 787-10 are:

1. The KLM logo on the tail is slanted and not very well centred. The ones that I checked all had the issue.
2. The engines on the 787-9 hang lower but also look different (kind of thicker) compared to the 787-10 from NG. Technically they should be the same dimensions (both are GEnx).
Any chance you have some pictures you could share? I’m interested in the KLM too but curious how off the tail logo is. Do you think the engine differences are more pronounced than in yesterday airlines comparison of 787 moulds?

As an aside, based on your 787 purchase and profile pic, do you have a ph-bva model? I’ve been thinking about the new NG release…

Any chance you have some pictures you could share? I’m interested in the KLM too but curious how off the tail logo is. Do you think the engine differences are more pronounced than in yesterday airlines comparison of 787 moulds?

As an aside, based on your 787 purchase and profile pic, do you have a ph-bva model? I’ve been thinking about the new NG release…

Took some pictures for you! On the picture that is a little further you can see that the M of KLM should be more upwards and closer to the darker grey edge like the NG 787-10.

Also took some pictures of the engine differences :)

I indeed have the PH-BVA in the old colours from Aviation400. Thinking about buying the 2 NG versions and replacing my A400 one. But I will first wait for pictures how they turn out!

Attachments

• 20240609_141826.jpg
    20240609_141826.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20240609_141549.jpg
    20240609_141549.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 20240609_141503.jpg
    20240609_141503.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
Took some pictures for you! On the picture that is a little further you can see that the M of KLM should be more upwards and closer to the darker grey edge like the NG 787-10.

Also took some pictures of the engine differences :)

I indeed have the PH-BVA in the old colours from Aviation400. Thinking about buying the 2 NG versions and replacing my A400 one. But I will first wait for pictures how they turn out!
Thanks! Really interesting to see the differences, including the slight differences in the klm blue color. The chevrons at the back of the nacelle look better on the AV, as does the fit of the rim, but I see what you mean about engine size (aerials are also larger). But overall still looks good enough that I’ll I’ll probably still get it to display wheels up. Seeing them side by side, is your preference for the NG over AV400 787?

I wasn’t collecting when the original orange pride livery (which I like much better than the new version) came out, but getting the color transition right would be key. Hopefully pictures will come soon.