Aviation400 A380

All models you are referring to are from China.
People means anyone not having seem a model in the flesh.
Picture deform colors, reviewer are never neutral, and that's normal. Just don't follow their advice. You will eventually learn this with mistakes.

Wrt costs, you should not buy (or convert) what you cannot afford (see later). And don't expect any perfection from model makers. All the brands have screwed and will screw models. This is a fact you need to understand and accept.

There are two rules that I always recommend to collectors.
The first one is buy what you want and like what you buy. This mean do not follow others advices, just follow your feelings. There's an analogy to make with wine (or beer): the good ones are the one you like!

The second rule is: patience is a virtue. It means that the model you missed for whatever reason will show up to you one day, and at a lower price than you thought.
Buy what you want, like what you buy... If it were ever as easy as simply that. Regardless, an entirely subjective mantra to use to buy expensive models.

Glad it works for you and satisfies your criteria.

Just to clarify - Are you suggesting that the only way to form a worthy or valid opinion of a model is by touching its zinc or aluminum with your hands? Flesh to zinc?

That doesn't seem very practical unless you live in China or you're rich.

All models you are referring to are from China.
People means anyone not having seem a model in the flesh.
Picture deform colors, reviewer are never neutral, and that's normal. Just don't follow their advice. You will eventually learn this with mistakes.

Wrt costs, you should not buy (or convert) what you cannot afford (see later). And don't expect any perfection from model makers. All the brands have screwed and will screw models. This is a fact you need to understand and accept.

There are two rules that I always recommend to collectors.
The first one is buy what you want and like what you buy. This mean do not follow others advices, just follow your feelings. There's an analogy to make with wine (or beer): the good ones are the one you like!

The second rule is: patience is a virtue. It means that the model you missed for whatever reason will show up to you one day, and at a lower price than you thought.
Well-constructed reviews (such as those from Yesterday's Airlines) are useful mainly because of detailed images and comparisons to both the real aircraft and other moulds. These are resources readers can use to make their own educated judgements. You don't have to follow the reviewer's advice, just look at the pics and follow what your eyes tell you. Besides, analysis from a reviewer who knows what they're talking about is a great way to catch faults you wouldn't have discovered until it was too late.

I'm happy you've (presumably) got the budget for thousands of models, but the vast majority of collectors don't have that luxury. We have to pick and choose, and if that's the case, why not choose the best? For me personally, what I want is a model that best represents the real thing. Picking that takes research. There's nothing I regret more than instinctively throwing money at models just because I felt like it, only for them to not meet my expectations. Want to be happy with your purchase? Don't want to waste money? Educating oneself and doing the research goes a long way. That's what I've learned with mistakes.

Last edited:
I have parted with top of the pop models and kept some that had the poorest reviews, all of that because regardless of the reviews, I like them.

Don't be sheep, decide by yourself and enjoy your buys. This is what I have been doing and enjoying.

Sorry for being late.
I'm more into 4-holers from the 1960's, but all the hype around AV400's 380 made me buy one.
Received it weeks ago but only now found the time to snap a few pics while playing around with a new photo setup (far from perfect still)
What can I say, the hype is justified. A great model to photo shoot.
9vska by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
9vska2 by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
9vska3 by AlexK3800, auf Flickr