Aviation400 A380

I would say the same thing Oscar said. Thats unless you like eating candy for a week though. I also think you may want to take your wife out on some steak too so she can forget about the first A380.

It is nice to see production pics, always interesting to see behind the counter.

On the other hand, I still think that it is a waste of zinc. I doubt that there is a viable market for another A380 mould (particularly compared to the Phoenix version).

It is nice to see production pics, always interesting to see behind the counter.

On the other hand, I still think that it is a waste of zinc. I doubt that there is a viable market for another A380 mould (particularly compared to the Phoenix version).
Considering that the AV400 A380s are sold out in most places, I doubt it is a waste. If they weren't making a profit, AV400 would stop releasing them.

The Aviation 400 mould is as close to flawless as you can get - at the scale. The best mould of the aircraft in the market by far.

The Pheonix mould could have used some of that zinc.

The Aviation 400 mould is as close to flawless as you can get - at the scale. The best mould of the aircraft in the market by far.

At any scale tbh. I'd say it's equal to the JC 200 period, without even accounting for the smaller scale.

Phoenix use aluminum...not zinc on their A380

Clearly not enough, given the weight issues the mould has experienced. At least that's what the experts say. They come close but no cigar.
Have you ever had one of Phoenix's A380 in your hand? Apart from the weight difference you would also notice the crisper casting.

You shouldn't base your comments on other's reviews or views but rather on your own experience.

Have you ever had one of Phoenix's A380 in your hand? Apart from the weight difference you would also notice the crisper casting.

You shouldn't base your comments on other's reviews or views but rather on your own experience.
I think as a collector of models, not toys, we should strive for something which come the closest to the real thing, it takes a discerning eye and research on the actual aircraft.. Based on that research which is amply available thanks to the YouTubers we have today,(many here) it makes selection easier. So the model doesn't necessarily have to be in your hand and you don't get carried away with just the colours.

I should add that the exorbitant costs of these models necessitate the research. It would be foolish to spend absurd money on an inaccurate mould, and then worry if it comes in one piece.

People should refrain to comment on things that they haven't seen in the flesh. People are naturally biased in their comments, that's the human nature.
My experience is based on the over 1000 models I've owned and enjoyed.

Also never forget that these are expensive toys made in China with a relatively low quality control and a lot of manual labour prone to error.

 You should not expect much knowing that.

People should refrain to comment on things that they haven't seen in the flesh. People are naturally biased in their comments, that's the human nature.
My experience is based on the over 1000 models I've owned and enjoyed.

Also never forget that these are expensive toys made in China with a relatively low quality control and a lot of manual labour prone to error.

 You should not expect much knowing that.
By people, you mean me...?

Sorry mate. No biases here, just research.

The internet, vlogs, blogs and forums... Like this one, plus thousands of hours spotting have helped form my opinions.

Your point, that most come from China,, they are expensive and often have poor quality control (Aside from Gemini of course), make not doing your due diligence, foolish.

Lowering expectations and paying big money for a crap model is plane dumb ..

Happy collecting

All models you are referring to are from China.
People means anyone not having seem a model in the flesh.
Picture deform colors, reviewer are never neutral, and that's normal. Just don't follow their advice. You will eventually learn this with mistakes.

Wrt costs, you should not buy (or convert) what you cannot afford (see later). And don't expect any perfection from model makers. All the brands have screwed and will screw models. This is a fact you need to understand and accept.

There are two rules that I always recommend to collectors.
The first one is buy what you want and like what you buy. This mean do not follow others advices, just follow your feelings. There's an analogy to make with wine (or beer): the good ones are the one you like!

The second rule is: patience is a virtue. It means that the model you missed for whatever reason will show up to you one day, and at a lower price than you thought.