AV400 777X

Very exciting! I’m interested to see what they do with the folding wingtips. Knowing AV400 it will be something innovative! I remember reading some comments on FB a while back saying that they were planning on using magnets, but that plan may have changed.

Very exciting! I’m interested to see what they do with the folding wingtips. Knowing AV400 it will be something innovative! I remember reading some comments on FB a while back saying that they were planning on using magnets, but that plan may have changed.
Magnets seem like a good idea. AV400's gimmick execution has been on point (cough cough JC), so I'm confident they'll nail it this time as well. Question is, which regs will they make? Only 4 prototypes exist at the moment, and it won't be another two years until we see customer aircraft.

Magnets seem like a good idea. AV400's gimmick execution has been on point (cough cough JC), so I'm confident they'll nail it this time as well. Question is, which regs will they make? Only 4 prototypes exist at the moment, and it won't be another two years until we see customer aircraft.
We know the registration for the first Emirates 777X, but the question is whether AV400 is willing to take on GJ. Not only by releasing an Emirates aircraft, but also one that Gemini released just a few months ago.

Here is the 777X production list, and it turns out there are quite a few possible semi-fantasy airline releases with real registrations.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm guessing if they release anything this year or next (seeing that Av400 usually has a year long gestation period), probably some fantasy releases along with the house colours to build the hype and steal the limelight from GJ/JC

We know the registration for the first Emirates 777X, but the question is whether AV400 is willing to take on GJ. Not only by releasing an Emirates aircraft, but also one that Gemini released just a few months ago.

Here is the 777X production list, and it turns out there are quite a few possible semi-fantasy airline releases with real registrations.
That's a great list, looks like Qatar, Lufty, ANA are available alongside Emirates. I don't think anyone else produces Emirates models apart from GJ, so it'll definitely be interesting to see if AV400 can circumvent the licensing issues.