Any new moulds?

Planeoldwill

So we’ve seen quite a few new moulds recently. NG has announced their 747-8 and I would imagine in the next month or 2 we will see its first release. Before that we had the first 787-8 from NG in the form of Hainan and American Airlines.
Jc wings are debuting their E7 wedge tail with the RAAF version through Gemini jets.
AV400 are debuting their a320 and a330neo mould with a recent announcement. Hopefully these should be with us soon but with AV400s track record of releases, we might not see them for awhile.

There have however been some mould announcements that we haven’t seen a release yet. Namely the JC Wings Antonov 24 which was announced some time ago but hasn't been seen since and their a300,a310 mould which again hasn’t been seen since it’s announcement.

im curious to know what everyone expects over the next few months. Are we likely to see any more new moulds this year and if so, what do we think is likely to get made?

I personally dont think we will see Jc wings/Gemini make any new moulds this year. I’d prefer they work on improving their existing moulds as they have produced some fantastic new moulds such as the 747-400 and the 777 but really need to work on their a320 series as I have confidence they can make a brilliant new mould for it.

I think we could see a new mould from NG this year but what remains to be seen.
They have hinted at making the 747 classic which i could see coming but possibly not this year.
I think we could see a 767 as that would further add to their lineup of existing moulds and also provide a rich source of models to make from.
The 757-300 is also a possibility contender but NG seem reluctant to make it.
The 737 classic could also be possible which I would like to see the most as one of my favourite aircraft types is the 737-300!

let me know what you think!

Personally, above all I would love to see the 767 from NG. The aircraft type is at a rather interesting state as the competitors GJ/JC and PH offer surprisingly decent options (well, for their standards anyway), but still lacking a newer generation mould (mainly from NG or Av400). While it hasn't been a priority for some time, now that many of the moulds in dire need of replacement (737, A350, A330, etc) are taken care of, I think it's about time the 767 gets to shine for one last time.

As for the 757-300, I'm on the same page as you, there is something that's keeping NG away from it and I just cannot figure out what that is. It should be a fairly easy mould to make (only needs fuselage modification), has a decent variety (NG has made moulds that are certainly more niche than this), and most importantly, their 752 counterpart is one of the best model aircraft moulds in the history of 1/400.

All I want is a good mould that other manufacturers don't have or make use of, such as 747 classics, MD-xx aircraft, something Soviet etc. I'm tired of seeing yet another Airbus narrowbody or Boeing widebody coming on the market when we already have plenty of good ones. Same goes with subbrands that use existing moulds, mainly Airbusses. Buchannan is at least interesting because it makes cool liveries on good moulds, like the Iberia and Air America Tristars. It's even worse when manufacturers have releases with such low or predictable variety.

GJ's AN224 mould is in 1:200, and that's currently being shipped to retailers. I'm pretty sure they never announced one in 1:400. According to NG, their Classics should be released in the summer.

Although some 744s from NG or AV400 would be great, what's most important for me is that NG gets the 748 absolutely right. They've confirmed they're working on refinements, but I'm hoping to see some concrete results soon.

According to NG, their Classics should be released in the summer.
I would change that to next summer. They said the same about the 747-8 being expected in summer 2022, but here we are almost a year later and the mould still needs refinements.

I would change that to next summer. They said the same about the 747-8 being expected in summer 2022, but here we are almost a year later and the mould still needs refinements.
Yeah, that's a very likely scenario. Unfortunately...

I'd actually hope it would be rescheduled to next year. It just doesn't occur to me that NG will be able to handle half a dozen new moulds when they're already struggling to land on their feet with their 40-model release sets and the 748 needs a lot of refining.

I'd actually hope it would be rescheduled to next year. It just doesn't occur to me that NG will be able to handle half a dozen new moulds when they're already struggling to land on their feet with their 40-model release sets and the 748 needs a lot of refining.
Yep, quality over quantity always. Speaking of the 748, did you get any updates from NG? I wish they'd post something on their socials, or at least email us with what exactly they plan to update and how.

Yep, quality over quantity always. Speaking of the 748, did you get any updates from NG? I wish they'd post something on their socials, or at least email us with what exactly they plan to update and how.
Sadly I'm still drawing blank on a response. It's odd they have been consistently replying to virtually every other email that I sent but not this one. Maybe they just don't have anything new that they can show us? I hope that's not the case...

Speaking of quality over quantity, I've recently received an NG 777 and while nothing too concerning, I find that the mould quality just isn't as good as their older offerings (737, 757, A330, etc). Don't get me wrong, it's still a great model, but if their standards are to be as high as they used to be, these folks have a lot of fixing to do on these moulds.

Attachments

• Nose Printing Details.jpg
    Nose Printing Details.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • Nosegear and Windowline.jpg
    Nosegear and Windowline.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
Sadly I'm still drawing blank on a response. It's odd they have been consistently replying to virtually every other email that I sent but not this one. Maybe they just don't have anything new that they can show us? I hope that's not the case...

Speaking of quality over quantity, I've recently received an NG 777 and while nothing too concerning, I find that the mould quality just isn't as good as their older offerings (737, 757, A330, etc). Don't get me wrong, it's still a great model, but if their standards are to be as high as they used to be, these folks have a lot of fixing to do on these moulds.
I never really noticed those issues, thanks for pointing them out. The moulds have generally gotten more detailed (belly intakes, engine fan blades), but seemingly at the expense of printing.

That would make more sense. It seems like the majority of recent NG issues indeed come from printing.

Personally, above all I would love to see the 767 from NG. The aircraft type is at a rather interesting state as the competitors GJ/JC and PH offer surprisingly decent options (well, for their standards anyway), but still lacking a newer generation mould (mainly from NG or Av400). While it hasn't been a priority for some time, now that many of the moulds in dire need of replacement (737, A350, A330, etc) are taken care of, I think it's about time the 767 gets to shine for one last time.

As for the 757-300, I'm on the same page as you, there is something that's keeping NG away from it and I just cannot figure out what that is. It should be a fairly easy mould to make (only needs fuselage modification), has a decent variety (NG has made moulds that are certainly more niche than this), and most importantly, their 752 counterpart is one of the best model aircraft moulds in the history of 1/400.
An updated 767-200 would be really nice to see. As far as i'm aware the 767-200 moulds havent been updated since the very early days of 400 scale, making them look a lot more toy like in appearance in my opinion compared to newer moulds. Hopefully NG would make that first before the -300

Thanks for pointing them out and hope NG will fix them. I noticed this as well when I received my first NG 777 (everything else is fine) The nose shape and cockpit printing are off by a lot. On the 777 the JC/GJ version's cockpit printing is too large, NG's is too small, AV400 777 is of some pity to me because everything is perfect but the fuselage is too thin (thinner by 1-2mm than other brands) which makes a mighty 777 a little too narrow, the updated phoenix has the best cockpit printing in my opinion but their mould has nothing to champion.

I’m not sure of JC Wings or Gemini when it comes to a new mould. They did, as mentioned, teased a new A310 and AN-24 mould some time ago but none have seen a release yet.

NG is very agressive when it comes to expanding their catalogue of moulds.
As we speak all newer Boeing types have been released (747-8 is on the way).
The same goes for Airbus. Only the A380 is missing. Apparently a 747 classic is on the way, so that will for sure be the next new mould.
Eventually I think we will see an A-220 and 330 neo mould from NG before jumping into a 767 mould. When they do they will make all variants containing serie -200, -300 and -400.
One day we will also see an A-380 from NG. Do we need it? Not really. Does NG care? Nope, because they know that their brand is strong, and that the A380 will sell.

However, I have doubts that we will ever see a NG mould of A300/310, A340, 707, 727, 737 100-500. I’m not sure why but I have a feeling, we might see even more Russian models and maybe MD-11 and MD-80.

757-300? I have absolutely no clue why NG have pass this one after releasing the -200 version.

I’m not sure of JC Wings or Gemini when it comes to a new mould. They did, as mentioned, teased a new A310 and AN-24 mould some time ago but none have seen a release yet.

NG is very agressive when it comes to expanding their catalogue of moulds.
As we speak all newer Boeing types have been released (747-8 is on the way).
The same goes for Airbus. Only the A380 is missing. Apparently a 747 classic is on the way, so that will for sure be the next new mould.
Eventually I think we will see an A-220 and 330 neo mould from NG before jumping into a 767 mould. When they do they will make all variants containing serie -200, -300 and -400.
One day we will also see an A-380 from NG. Do we need it? Not really. Does NG care? Nope, because they know that their brand is strong, and that the A380 will sell.

However, I have doubts that we will ever see a NG mould of A300/310, A340, 707, 727, 737 100-500. I’m not sure why but I have a feeling, we might see even more Russian models and maybe MD-11 and MD-80.

757-300? I have absolutely no clue why NG have pass this one after releasing the -200 version.
I really hope to se a NG 727,A340 mould.
It will have a lot of potential

Should have added that in my opinion they shouldn't be wasting time with it.
And in my opinion, NG should try their absolute best to make it perfect! It's a stunning aircraft, and modern types print money whether you like it or not. The significance of regs like N863GT and HL7644 can't be understated as well. On a more personal note, I'd sell my entire collection for a KE 748 by NG.